Jack's Land Of The RDWC Autos!

Over various runs I've been fiddling with additional silica as a supplement. Tried several, and they all do the same thing. Some moreso than others.

The last "test" was using the AN base nutes with rhino, which still skyrocketed the pH into the mid 7's. According to the AN rep, that shouldn't have happened, but it still did.

So that was all part of it, along with how much pH down it took to bring it back into range. Even at 1ml/gal of the Rhino it was still taking 40ml-60ml per day to keep it in range.

What I was hoping to find was at least a balance somewhere that wouldn't eat so much pH down, and also wouldn't blow the pH up into the 7's on the reg.

The additional step of adding the silica to the water, and then letting it sit and perk for many hours didn't help at all. Maybe a little, but within a day or so it was jumping back up. So maybe that curbed it for half a day or so, but I dunno. Not really a big deal overall, as MC already has some silica in it anyway. A little more would be nice, but fighting pH swings on the daily gets a little old for me.

And the cost. Especially as the res size gets bigger. ;)
But your test subjects are grow from seed right?
Try Silica Blast from Botanicare

But your test subjects are grow from seed right?
Try Silica Blast from Botanicare

Not what I’m after. I’m strictly looking at silica and it’s effect on reservoir pH stability. obviously it's going to raise it, but how much and over what timeframe?

Silica is obviously a good supplement nutrient. No question. But finding a way to use it in hydro without significant battles with pH seems to be a challenge.

Not what I’m after. I’m strictly looking at silica and it’s effect on reservoir pH stability. obviously it's going to raise it, but how much and over what timeframe?

Silica is obviously a good supplement nutrient. No question. But finding a way to use it in hydro without significant battles with pH seems to be a challenge.
Try Botanicare

At least u kno what I’m talking bout lol plants at times just want to blowup

Yep. My Durban is doing the same thing on me (again.) :rofl:

I swear if this is the norm with these seeds, she’s a good candidate strain for 2 in a 4x4 or 1 in a 3x3. No problem filling it. Not a doubt.

I need a new extraction toy. Can’t make up my mind as to which one though.

My end goal is strong oil for edibles. Stronger the better, so I can use less. Time to up the game me thinks.

I have on my short list, in no particular order:

- 6-ton Dab press kit
- levo 2
- bubble magic 5gal machine
- the source turbo

The levo 2 is an infusion machine. Plant into oil. The others make wax/hash, then would make oil from the concentrate.

Effectively I’d like to end up with 5000mg-10000mg per cup. 5k would get me a 1/2 cup per 100 doses, or 25mg/each. At 10k, a 1/4 cup for the same dose.

Anyone have thoughts?

Yep. My Durban is doing the same thing on me (again.) :rofl:

I swear if this is the norm with these seeds, she’s a good candidate strain for 2 in a 4x4 or 1 in a 3x3. No problem filling it. Not a doubt.
Hells yeah happy plants go crazy lol

My end goal is strong oil for edibles. Stronger the better, so I can use less. Time to up the game me thinks.

- 6-ton Dab press kit
- levo 2
- the source turbo

The levo 2 is an infusion machine. Plant into oil. The others make wax/hash, then would make oil from the concentrate.

Effectively I’d like to end up with 5000mg-10000mg per cup. 5k would get me a 1/2 cup per 100 doses, or 25mg/each. At 10k, a 1/4 cup for the same dose.

Anyone have thoughts?
Don’t do much of none of this but would love to start I have made my own wax but I’m more old school love my flowers best

image.jpg

Look what I have yay I didn’t run out

- 6-ton Dab press kit
- levo 2
- the source turbo

Anyone have thoughts?
Have u tried shatter

Back
Top Bottom