JokerJohns First Grow Unknown Strain

Hows the curled up leaves looking now mate?

Looked like heat stress to me. they should love that L.E.D.

Also , A little tip is to have your fan blowing underneath your canopy as it moves the cold air up and cools the room better.

It looks like the leaves could be drying up from the fan blowing the top of them constantly.

hey buddy!

there looking ok not curled up anymore i think you were right with the heat stress i moved ( her ) down that same day and by the next she was back to normal well for the most part some leaves did take a bit of a beating and seem to growing a little deformed but ill think with time they will hopefully straighten up if not they have to be clones i think

Cheers buddy!

more pictures what the heck :) im bored!

IMAG04826.jpg
IMAG04807.jpg
IMAG04815.jpg

the bets are on! what u think guys male or female i heard something about males being alot more taller and less bushy then females am i right to say my plants bushy?

Shes definitely healthy. The curling on the tops is due to light being too close and lack of water, when the roots show up out the bottom transplant her so you can see her stock coming out of the pot (not hidden) I want to see it and 2. its better for lower stems branches and leave to get light also. They too use the light for energy and growing strong. She looks female :thumb: switch to 12/12 lighting for a day or 2 so find out for sure, after you find out you can revert back to 18/6 or 24/0 and it was lose the hairs it has and revert back to vegging. But I would flower that thing now before it gets too big, plants depending on their genetics WILL get 2x, 3x. 4x, 5x the size they started as during flowering.

Also if you want to increase over all yield, Top her or bend her over. It's telling the plant, hey the general is down time to back him up . Check out my grow log, My LA Confidential is a perfect example of topping and bending

I'm sorry but I have to ask, this being your first grow and all... You have holes in the bottom of that bucket for drainage right?

hey sphnx

great thing u asked! no my friend planted the see in the bucket and then passed it on to me so i never really thought about it till now ;)
but would it be a good idea to do it now or just straight transport her to a bigger bucket and then do it with that one?

i also started the flowering period yesterday so give or take a few days we should be able to find out :) i also started a new grow journal on my new grow op so keep tabs on that too :)

thanks as always for helping and saving my ass :D

Switch to a bigger pot, use more soil and a bigger bucket, I like smartpots but thats me. Make sure there is a way for water to come out the bottom. I'll check them out man!

Awesome man! Looking good, What kind of overhead light are you using?? The color temp of your light looks like a vegging light.

whats the black thing in the pot? never seen this before. Mark :peace:

whats the black thing in the pot? never seen this before. Mark :peace:

I was looking at that too like wtf? haha I think its so bring oxygen down to the bottom of the pot? Maybe? Never seen it before either

hey guys

I have no idea what is it for a friend told me its so you can see how much water is in the draining into the bottem of the pot??

anyway dont really have any pics apart from this still waiting on the sex to show. praying to the weed gods that shes a " she "

until then i guess we can all think what ill be doing in the mean time ;)

IMAG05398.jpg

peace

oh and sphnx atm its just a 170mh light picking up a 400 or 600w tomorrow.
pretty excited about it acutally get to see a real big operation tomorrow thanks to a good friend
gona meet some ' masters ' and become a young aprentice :)

heres some more photos getting bigger seems to have bounced back pretty good from the re-pot also just started a new grow journal on my 5 freshly sprouted bag seeds the same strain as this one so atleast if it does turn out to be a guy then ive got the others to fall back on ;)

IMAG05527.jpg
IMAG05425.jpg
IMAG05457.jpg

thanks guys!

If you are flowering or trying to figure out the sex, don't pick up another mh but a hps. The color temp of the high pressure sodium, promotes flowering not vegging like the metal halide. Metal Halide -6000+k High pressure sodium- 2700k and down. Has she shot pistils yet?

yeah we are ordering a complete grow kit from the net with two 600w hps lights and a 3meter grow tent with a filter and smell stopper
only 450euros for the whole lot. also meet the 'masters' today and saw the white rhino he has just started when they get a bit bigger ill be asking from some nice clones no ill be demanding some :)

Nope no pistils just yet but but the preflowers are still really small

" come on weed gods hear my prays " ;)

thanks for the advice sphnx

No worries buddy, how long have you had her on 12/12? And is your 12 hours dark, completely dark? Pitch black. Most of the time if a plant is having trouble showing its sex, or shooting pistils its not get a FULL 12 hours dark. Make sure its a full 12 hours dark and make sure your box is Blacker than black when the lights are off. Good luck buddy! Keep us posted with some good pics!

Sweet! They look like little thorn or spike shaped things that shoot out at the base of each branch and maristem. Take some more pictures!

Back
Top Bottom