Jon’s 3 Autoflower - 3 Pounds Attempt Grow

Prepping our Pyramid Pot

The concept here is pretty simple. I’m betting that longer tap root = more feeder roots. More feeder roots = more feeding. More feeding = more yield. It’s really that simple I believe.

So the pyramid pot will give us a very long tap root. That much I do know. What happens from there is anyone’s guess.

Here’s the prep, step by step:

- coco

- perlite/bokashi

- frass

Repeat to the top where it ends with a layer of coco

Insert 3 gallon air pot.
It’s “screwed in” about 3 inches to the coco below.

- perlite

Repeat bokashi/frass on the perlite then coco and repeat all the way up, ending with a layer of coco with an inch of perlite right beneath it.

Done deal

And how she is in the tent

With plenty of space

That’s it. It’s was activated with Fox Farms Kelp Me Kelp You. Now I drop the seeds for real and plant directly into the air pot. Start that tap root!! Thus no Solo, ie, no tap root impediment whatsoever. It can zoom all the way down.

Guess we will find out together if it works.
I've got an old friend in Baja who swears by long tap roots and uses a similar method (if he's still kicking). Stoked to see how yours turns out!

I didn't sue because I'm just not that type of person, even though it did cost me
Over $25.000.00 just to sell the old house.
Then everything else.
I just wanted it behind me and move forward.
We are in a great place now, and are happy.
They panicked when they realized they screwed up and had a defective product in people's homes.
So they changed their name.
Here is the kick in the nuts they have a pic of my grow room on their website promoting their lights.
That really hurt at first.
But I'm fine now and PMA goes a long way.
We are all safe and my hair grew back and the burns I got weren't that bad.
So moving forward and putting it behind me has been good for me.
Just be careful everyone you never know.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill
I came across your fire story when I was setting up my grow room. I stopped dead in my tracks & reconsidered the whole thing & made a few really simple changes to eliminate fire hazards. And I bought a fire extinguisher. I’m really sorry you had that experience, but thank you so much for sharing it with us. A little bit of sweat equity & a few bucks resulted in significant improvements regarding fire safety. Well worth the effort & minimal expense IMHO…

I came across your fire story when I was setting up my grow room. I stopped dead in my tracks & reconsidered the whole thing & made a few really simple changes to eliminate fire hazards. And I bought a fire extinguisher. I’m really sorry you had that experience, but thank you so much for sharing it with us. A little bit of sweat equity & a few bucks resulted in significant improvements regarding fire safety. Well worth the effort & minimal expense IMHO…
I'm so glad it helped.
It may have been rough but we are all OK.
Hopefully that thread has prevented some issues arising.
Big Fire Extinguisher is a must, not those cheap little ones.
And detectors everywhere. :thumb:
Hope your having a great day my friend.

Bill284

Banana Sherbet
Day 27

27 days to reach the screen set 16.5 inches above the pot. We’re there. And not the slightest sign of anything but veg still. Noice. It’s on.

E67C06EA-327F-4348-A115-FFF78818B7E5.jpeg

I've got an old friend in Baja who swears by long tap roots and uses a similar method (if he's still kicking). Stoked to see how yours turns out!
That’s good to hear, thanks.

Ok I finally got off my ass and am beginning the prep for the water pot. First step of that is to make sure the infrastructure works. Tested the air rock. It works great! Plenty of moving air! And the valve I installed also works great, although I never see it being anything but wide open. Pump is remarkably quiet too, a bonus. Nice little setup. Can’t wait to see if it works!

5991FB64-6952-4EEA-95CF-4A9E2A6FC359.jpeg

355E501B-A243-4FC4-88FE-84FD8A9ECD09.jpeg

D1BEABEF-2EEC-4F8B-9F86-BB9AF53F2B61.jpeg

Ok I finally got off my ass and am beginning the prep for the water pot. First step of that is to make sure the infrastructure works. Tested the air rock. It works great! Plenty of moving air! And the valve I installed also works great, although I never see it being anything but wide open. Pump is remarkably quiet too, a bonus. Nice little setup. Can’t wait to see if it works!

MacGyver lives. :rofl:
Looks good Amigo.

Bill284

:popcorn:

:woohoo: great job!

Heads up my friend. If your keeping nutes in that tote for any duration - you may hit a bit of troubles.

Keep your eyes peeled for slime build up. Those yellow lids act like a fiber optic line - the light hits it, refracts down and lights up the reservoir. A can of black spray paint should help quite a bit.
I think I may have said that before :nomo::lot-o-toke:, but i wanted to mention it, in case I didn't.

:woohoo: great job!

Heads up my friend. If your keeping nutes in that tote for any duration - you may hit a bit of troubles.

Keep your eyes peeled for slime build up. Those yellow lids act like a fiber optic line - the light hits it, refracts down and lights up the reservoir. A can of black spray paint should help quite a bit.
I think I may have said that before :nomo::lot-o-toke:, but i wanted to mention it, in case I didn't.
You haven’t and thanks so much. I’ll take care of it.

Water Pot Prep

Ok this is long so I’ll just go to the steps,

Place air stone using the holes for the suction cups to hold in place.

Position stop plate after cleaning all extraneous plastic from holes and notching out for the hose:

Cover with rinsed perlite:

Then coco, bokashi and frass layered all the way up:

Then cut the bottom out of top pot and drill some side holes for air:

Position top pot:

Then perlite, coco, bokashi, frass all the way up:

Ending up with a layer of coco on top and looking like this:

And side by side with the other pot:

The water pot sits directly in front of the new AC unit by design.

There we go. No water for a while. But once I black out the yellow top (thanks Rex!) we’re ready for sprouts.

Digging the experimental pots as they start to come to fruition! :welldone:

Toit!
Just taking my time and getting all my ducks in a row before I drop. You know - infrastructure and all that. Plus I’m worried that none of it is going to work. :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks Shed!

Banana Sherbet
Day 29

Only day 29 and we are well on our way with the screen. Great plant. Look at the side branching inside I have already. Scrogging this out should work out fine. Hopefully we get two weeks yet plus the stretch. I included a picture of one of the node 3 topped branches to show why I did that. It’s going to allow me to basically hex it out using the two mains already bent over and the two topped shoots on either side. Should make the main support branching pretty symmetrical. It doesn’t appear as if she will have any problems filling in between six main outs. Also beginning week 3 of the @Prescription Blend feed chart today. Zero amendments or alterations to the chart.

70702793-914A-4753-81AC-3659231D0169.jpeg

27BB235E-82FE-4C6F-85EF-99AB8CFCC3D5.jpeg

Banana Sherbet
Day 29

Only day 29 and we are well on our way with the screen. Great plant. Look at the side branching inside I have already. Scrogging this out should work out fine. Hopefully we get two weeks yet plus the stretch. I included a picture of one of the node 3 topped branches to show why I did that. It’s going to allow me to basically hex it out using the two mains already bent over and the two topped shoots on either side. Should make the main support branching pretty symmetrical. It doesn’t appear as if she will have any problems filling in between six main outs. Also beginning week 3 of the @Prescription Blend feed chart today. Zero amendments or alterations to the chart.

70702793-914A-4753-81AC-3659231D0169.jpeg

27BB235E-82FE-4C6F-85EF-99AB8CFCC3D5.jpeg
Do I spy a scrog?

Next Decision

I have two different pots and two different strains. Who gets what pot?

I feel a lot more confident that the straight coco pyramid pot is going to work well. There’s no mystery to it really and it really CAN’T not work. Not saying it’ll produce a pound but I am saying the pot setup is dependable.

The water pot is much more the wild card. I’ve never done it, I’m trying to do it the poor man’s way, and I honestly don’t know if the roots will get to the water much less produce the desired effect. It may work spectacularly well and I may kill the plant trying to maintain the reservoir. I simply don’t know.

Therefore my logic says to grow the Watermelon WeddingCake in the water pot. At least I just grew her and have a reasonably good idea of what to expect. Since the pot itself is a wild card I’d rather know the rest of my hand. I don’t know from the Forbidden Runtz. Just cuz it’s an XXL is no guarantee that it’ll produce massively. (What’s a guarantee?). Besides, I’m sitting on a ton of Watermelon WeddingCake right now. So if one does end up not working or gets killed or compromised I’d rather it was the WWC.

Make sense? I’m open to justifications for switching that up or does that sound like a plan?

Back
Top Bottom