What a great idea Thanks Shed looks like cooking tomorrow.:thanks:
Isn’t he just the Best? He’s always coming through with some great ideas 💡. Shedster for President in 24? Well maybe 🤔 not but he does seem to have some great ideas 👍lol CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Does anyone know if you have to use a wire rack in your insta pot or can I just sit my jars on the bottom of the pot. They did not give me a wire rack with my insta pot.
I think you must use something to keep your jar off the bottom (wire rack / jar lid / vegetable steamer . Also should have about a cup or two of water in the pot. This creates steam and helps things to cook (decarb).

Whatcha gonna make?

Oil sounds super easy Keith.

Put a trivet (mesh grill or ShedTop) in the Instant Pot (IP) put a Mason Jar with ground weed in and the top on tight on the trivet. Fill with water to half way up the Mason Jar. Close and Pressure cook on High for 40 minutes and then quick release the lid (watch that steam!)

Wrap your now decarboxylated weed in a mesh tea strainer or tied up in cheesecloth and place it in the mason jar with oil of your choice. Screw the lid on tight and pressure cook on high for 20 minutes and then “natural” or slow release the pressure for 40 minutes. Quick release at 40 minutes. (Watch that steam!) squeeze out any excess oil in the weed and discard.

Oil is done! Takes about an hour and forty - forty-five minutes start to finish.

Shamelessly pilfered the recipe from here 🤣

Thank you, brother, Nick. I will be making oil right after the decarb. I think I will use coconut oil. Does anyone know what the best oil to use is?
I used coconut oil but some fancy first press Thai stuff (from 7/11 Thailand probably not in your neck of the woods) Myself snd people who tried it were drinking it, tasted like vegetables with coconut, not an everyday taste but OK!

I'd stick to fractionated coconut oil if possible. The thick/white coconut oil doesn't work well in certain applications. With gummies, for instance, the thick coconut oil will separate and turn into chunky bits. This can cause inconsistent dosing from one gummy to the next.

Here's what I've been using lately, but there are definitely many brands that make a clear/liquid style coconut oil.
1000002194.jpg

That fractionated oil looks right. The other one I've been using is plain old olive oil. It's for eating and good for us.
Olive oil is amazing as well! I keep a bottle of each type around. I generally use coconut in my gummies and sweets, and olive oil in my savory cooking and capsules.

...and a stick or 2 of infused butter is always great for cookies. I've made scrambled eggs and potatoes with butter as well & it's phenomenal 👍

I also read to adding lecithin to your oil make it more potent.
Potency will be based on the amount/quality of the buds you use. The type of oil, or adding lecithin will affect how our bodies absorb it.

I also read to adding lecithin to your oil make it more potent.
I've read that the lecithin also helps to prevent the oil from separating in things like gummies.
I couldn't find it last time I made a batch of oil, and I did have a bit of trouble with the gummies and chocolates. It formed a layer on top (I use the oil that's solid at room temp).
Liquid lecithin is easier, and doesn't have the problem with clumping when exposed to moisture like the powder.

Olive oil is amazing as well! I keep a bottle of each type around. I generally use coconut in my gummies and sweets, and olive oil in my savory cooking and capsules.

...and a stick or 2 of infused butter is always great for cookies. I've made scrambled eggs and potatoes with butter as well & it's phenomenal 👍
There we go! I'm on caps pretty exclusive so the olive oil.

There we go! I'm on caps pretty exclusive so the olive oil.
I've got a few methods to slow the release as well.... I generally use things like that for bedtime meds that you want taking affect after you're asleep. 🤙

I've been a lab rat for edibles almost 4 years now. 🤘🤘🤘 Plenty of wins, with as many L's. 🤣

Thank you, brother, Nick. I will be making oil right after the decarb. I think I will use coconut oil. Does anyone know what the best oil to use is?
Coconut oil will get you higher faster because it's first processed by the liver, and olive oil is better if your using the THC for other issues like cancer.
I'd stick to fractionated coconut oil if possible.
This! ^^^

Also, if you're not into making or eating gummies, capsules are a lot faster to make, and for those you can use regular coconut oil.

Back
Top Bottom