Klinger's Tribute Shed - 2015 - Master Kush + ?

comments? enviro suggestions?

Even though HDR mode on my camera phone generally takes better photos, the following were taken in normal mode with the white balance selected for either "incandescent" or "sunny"..both seem to look much better than the hdr.

The a/c is sucking half the water out of my already dry air (25-33%rh), I'm almost worried, but there are several things at play.

-running co2 don't want to waste it, temps at canopy are 77-82f
-except for right now, this room will mostly be bloom, which means wetter pots and generally more canopy (i screwed up compacting the roots I believe, even though things are fine in general), so I will make big adjustments at that point, big soak coming up tomorrow
-hung a towel in a 5 gallon bucket full of water in a drafty spot today when I left, see what it do, I have a humidifier if I need it.

Remember the pics from 2 days ago? I pruned them pretty heavily. Every node I left intact has sprouted vigorous new growth. Compare to last pictures. Scratched into the dirt a little, the roots have already expanded and look thick and white exploring new territory.

Triplets! 3 different plants endend up looking pretty similar!

CAM00741_zpshrdjzaa9.JPG

CAM00739_zpsazarcz4b.JPG

New growth!

CAM00746_zpsv72xmvi0.JPG

CAM00738_zpsqqlzoeie.JPG

CAM00742_zpsrsbjfurg.JPG

Would it make sense to aerate the area around those small 1gal roots? Seems like it may have been prudent a month ago.

Food thermo in the dirt, its at 70f.

Lights up to 825w today, 1000 tomorrow. I was expecting them to shock from the t5 but they literally didn't skip a beat.

Seem to almost beginning to droop, dirt starting to look dry, probably feed tomorrow.

20150522_081743.jpg

Hooe you don't mind BK....but that's a good example of droopy in veg. They were getting drenched at the time of that pic. I usually give them de-stress at 50% after a drench and they take just a few hours to perk right back up :)
Happy Saturday BK :)
Oh, and that's a perfect use for the gambrell trusses...ill use those in my room when I build it :)

Scrubbz, thanks for posting this back on p3. I was in the garden yesterday trying to decide to feed them or not and pulled it up on my phone. I sat down and smoked a couple bowls of old school lookin/tastin sativa and looked and listened.

They were hursty.

1kit recipe (x2):

Topfed
1.5 oz GE
4 mil tea
8 gal water

Into the saucers
1/4 oz GE
2.5 mil tea
5 gal water

I considered putting most of the food into the top feed and putting plain water into the saucers. Is this anything resembling a good practice? How about what I did? Should they be the same all the time?

Hit with Destress.

Lamps at 1000w. 64" from canopy. Will drop to 40" today.

Re: comments? enviro suggestions?

Even though HDR mode on my camera phone generally takes better photos, the following were taken in normal mode with the white balance selected for either "incandescent" or "sunny"..both seem to look much better than the hdr.

The a/c is sucking half the water out of my already dry air (25-33%rh), I'm almost worried, but there are several things at play.

-running co2 don't want to waste it, temps at canopy are 77-82f
-except for right now, this room will mostly be bloom, which means wetter pots and generally more canopy (i screwed up compacting the roots I believe, even though things are fine in general), so I will make big adjustments at that point, big soak coming up tomorrow
-hung a towel in a 5 gallon bucket full of water in a drafty spot today when I left, see what it do, I have a humidifier if I need it.

Remember the pics from 2 days ago? I pruned them pretty heavily. Every node I left intact has sprouted vigorous new growth. Compare to last pictures. Scratched into the dirt a little, the roots have already expanded and look thick and white exploring new territory.

Triplets! 3 different plants endend up looking pretty similar!

CAM00741_zpshrdjzaa9.JPG

CAM00739_zpsazarcz4b.JPG

New growth!

CAM00746_zpsv72xmvi0.JPG

CAM00738_zpsqqlzoeie.JPG

CAM00742_zpsrsbjfurg.JPG

Would it make sense to aerate the area around those small 1gal roots? Seems like it may have been prudent a month ago.

Food thermo in the dirt, its at 70f.

Lights up to 825w today, 1000 tomorrow. I was expecting them to shock from the t5 but they literally didn't skip a beat.

Seem to almost beginning to droop, dirt starting to look dry, probably feed tomorrow.

I was thinking of getting a portable evaporative cooler for my small grow. Seems to me, when hot/dry is the issue, that would help both sides, and very efficiently.
cheers :peace::passitleft:

Re: comments? enviro suggestions?

I was thinking of getting a portable evaporative cooler for my small grow. Seems to me, when hot/dry is the issue, that would help both sides, and very efficiently.
cheers :peace::passitleft:

Not bad, although I think expensive for my situation. The a/c is quite capable, I can lower the temps if I like. Waiting to see how the humidity is after 20 hours with a room full of wet pots. I have an affordable humidifier already I can throw in the mix.

edit:

partner just brixed this morning, rh is up by about 11% to 37 (closer to 40 than 20 ill take). After foliar it was up closer to 50%. We'll see after ac runs all day, I'll visit tonight.

So my first time with saucers, I think I overfed a little and drownded em. They looked like ass yesterday. Took my Inkzall with cap on and used it to aerate all the pots, particularly around the root area, but not in it, loosened all the dirt up around the outside...today they are happy. Running a humidifier on the light timer, seems to have bumped rh up by about 12%, still at 35-39%. At night time running full exhaust/intake so its just summer night temps and ~48%rh. I think just getting more jungle in will help.

Couple questions about preparing round 2: Do I need to buy anymore rocks/ammendment? What is the protocol after I harvest? I have saved enough dirt for solos and #1s to start it, but as far as recycling the dirt in the big pots for next time?

Today it seemed clear the new soil energy is already hooking up, they are taller, at least 3 nodes since my recent 5 node pruning about 5 days ago. After finding them sad yesterday, turned the lights back down to 750w, today turned back to 1000w as they were happy, still need to lower them about 2'. These are sort of 1 day at a time figuring out my breathing beast of a room, but flip could be Friday, should be no later than sunday.

Planning to run the first ~3 weeks or so (probably up to first cat drench) at 12/12 hoping for some stretch, then go to 11/13.

I believe the basic protocol is to add the root ball and leaf trimmings to the soil with a good dusting of Roots! and some EWC, get and keep it properly moist and warm, and it's usable again within a few weeks. I also put about a half portion of Transplant and Tea into the water I use to moisten it.

I run a perpetual so I harvest an individual plant a few times each month. I keep a 27 gallon bin cooking and just add another pot to it until it's full. Then I'll start another and add some of the cooked soil to it, kinda like a sourdough. :cheesygrinsmiley: When I need more soil, I take it from the oldest bin.

I believe the basic protocol is to add the root ball and leaf trimmings to the soil with a good dusting of Roots! and some EWC, get and keep it properly moist and warm, and it's usable again within a few weeks. I also put about a half portion of Transplant and Tea into the water I use to moisten it.

I run a perpetual so I harvest an individual plant a few times each month. I keep a 27 gallon bin cooking and just add another pot to it until it's full. Then I'll start another and add some of the cooked soil to it, kinda like a sourdough. :cheesygrinsmiley: When I need more soil, I take it from the oldest bin.

Yup, agreed! Thats what I did :)
Ok, in flower I use 2 gallons. One is straight water and the other I add the nutes to. I pour half the gallon of water in the tray and then the whole gallon of feed up top...then wait. If I have left overs in the tray after the wait I stop...if not ill just fill the tray up with the remaining water and walk away. If it dont take the whole 2 gallons I'm fine with that. I like to see water in the trays for a few hours after I feed. If its there longer I know I fed/watered too soon and make a note to give em an extra day next time.
I veg from solos to 1 gallons. In veg ill use a bucket that holds 2 gallons of water, add nutes then pour the water over the top. I find it mixes stuff well. I then just dunk the pots and walk away for 20 mins or so. That keeps them from compacting. I notice in veg my pots dry up in 3 days cuz the soil is so fluffy.
As far as the 2nd round, id do what Graytail said. You should have some wonderful soil right out of the pots. Just let the roots! eat up those rootballs and youre good to go :)

...so no 2nd run Amendment after the first harvest?
Just the old plant parts and some Roots!?

Yup, and I added another 15 lbs of ewc...or maybe 20...I can't really remember lol :)

Exactly! What he said. :cheesygrinsmiley: ^

I added another batch of amendment when I recooked during my first rounds, but that was before I learned it was wrong. :loopy: There's no second-run amendment. And the EWC adds humus, so it may not be necessary or even desirable. I think most of us do it, but I can easily see the accumulation of humus in my oldest soil. I'd rather amp up the biota than the humus, so I'm not adding EWC to a recook for a few pot's worth.

A lot of the amendment is very coarse and I'm sure it doesn't break down during one grow, so it carries over into the second round. Tea and Roots! is probably more important than more amendment. By third round, the soil can use some more, and Doc has a formula for it, but keep in mind that our soils have probably drifted significantly by then, and in different directions. It's hard to tailor an amendment to that kind of variability.

Overall, since day one ive added about 90lbs of ewc to my soil and now I'm working with a second bale of promix lmao! :)

LOL, I've gone through 150 pounds of EWC, and I only have about 150 gallons of soil. :cheesygrinsmiley: A pound is about 16 ounces of volume, so my soil is 1/8 EWC? Heheh. Maybe there's enough humus in it by now. :laughtwo: I'll still use it for recharge, but I think I'll start cutting the oldest soil with fresh Pro-Mix.

... I might even try cutting my old high alkalinity stuff with fresh peat ... hmm ... that'd bring down pH ... :hmmmm:

WOOT! Excellent info guys! :thanks:

best way to flip? a little schedule change....

So....currently lights off are 12a-6a.

Want to go to 4p-4a off.

What is the best way to do this? After a little thought it seems to be easy to just give them a 4 hour night instead of 6, wake up at 4a for their first 12hour day.

I've finally got things all going in the right direction fantastically and don't want to take any backward steps with photoperiod stress other than the correct kind. Pls advise!

Couple things in these pictures:

1. do you think that light penetrates that white hose to create algae? (it is made for marine/rv which made me snag it initially, now having doubts)

2.check out my room diagram. Feel I have enough overlap and have to create aisles to work that my light arrangement is fine. Could add crossbeams to my current rails to re-orient them by 90degrees, but really don't want to for a few reasons. Originally it was gonna be 2 lights over each table but decided to forgo tables. Any suggestions welcome

3. that one jacked up leaf is the only one in the whole canopy that isn't perfect green.

rH is back up low 40's! They've hooked up to the soil and lights!

CAM00772_zpspknlbcdy.JPG

CAM00761_zpsdsrhfy5y.JPG

CAM00777_zpsonx9zsii.JPG

CAM00779_zpsqw7hmhqb.JPG

CAM00770_zpszynj2miq.JPG

CAM00768_zpsjdprxflh.JPG

CAM00766_zpsjavg4pex.JPG

CAM00764_zpsw3grvszi.JPG

CAM00753_zpsaaqrxln2.JPG

Looking great. Sorry - can't help with your ???

There are a couple ways I could make the switch.

Could turn the lights off at 6p one day (12on) then turn them on the next day at 4a for 10off, then that day would be 12 on, followed by 12 off and on to the regular schedule.

I'm just unsure of what kind of light fooling causes photoperiod stress, and don't want to find out the hard way.

The third way that comes to mind would be to run an extended period of darkness in order to start when I want (it would be like 12a til 4a the FOLLOWING day, 28hours).

Daybreak is more important than nightfall, so you need to change from 6AM to 4AM, backing it up 2 hours, which really isn't very stressful. If it were me, I'd do it in stages - back it up to 5AM daybreak and 4PM nightfall for a week, then to 4AM/4PM.

:Namaste:

Yea maybe overthinking things? Thinkin turn off the lights at 4pm and be done with it.

If anything clever, maybe I'll just make that first night 2 hours longer so that they wake up their normal time at 6, or even 5 like you suggested, GT, but thinkin one night probably fine even.

Back
Top Bottom