Klinger's Tribute Shed - 2015 - Master Kush + ?

Thats weird to me that you guys think to upcan as a solution?! (although not that weird considering the sources!)

Also 6 weeks is 1.5 months, not 2.5, fwiw. I'll be with em every day this week just about, we'll see where the consensus is in a few days.

I'd like to know what Doc thinks of your guys upcan concept.

Also I'm kinda expecting them to hook up this week vis a vis the rescue drench, so gonna hold off a sec and see what happens.

I don't know about upcanning to 3's, seems counterproductive, I got 15s to finish in, or I can save those for the next round and go with 10s or 7s this time. Definitely leaning towards flipping and getting round 2 started, I can't cull the lot!

Thats weird to me that you guys think to upcan as a solution?! (although not that weird considering the sources!)

Also 6 weeks is 1.5 months, not 2.5, fwiw. I'll be with em every day this week just about, we'll see where the consensus is in a few days.

Also I'm kinda expecting them to hook up this week vis a vis the rescue drench, so gonna hold off a sec and see what happens.

I don't know about upcanning to 3's, seems counterproductive, I got 15s to finish in, or I can save those for the next round and go with 10s or 7s this time. Definitely leaning towards flipping and getting round 2 started, I can't cull the lot!

I think the comments to transplant are right on. Why not pop out a rootball and take a look?

I think the comments to transplant are right on. Why not pop out a rootball and take a look?

Bingo! It's so easy. :cheesygrinsmiley: If they're not ready, I pop 'em right back in, no sweat, no issues. :thumb:

The only thing easier than that is the help I get around here!

Ill try to do that tomorrow, although my real project is to get them moved, which shouldnt be THAT hard, although I know I have alot more to do than I estimate once it starts.

You guys all kick ass.

Sorry I wasn't really clear the 2.5 months was counting the 6 weeks they have had so far and the month you still wanted to give them. I don't think going to threes at this point is a good idea either I would go right into the 10s or 15s and flip them and get your next round started :passitleft:

I think of HB soil like a factory that creates food for my plant. I can give the factory more energy to help it output more but only to a point or I can increase the size of the factory. Everything and therefor everyone is happier when you choose the second option :) If you notice the root cause of most problems people have with the kit is not having a big enough container for the plant being grown.

No talk of culling they will be fine just gotta get-em a bigger factory :thumb:

Brilliant - yet so simple. Popping one or two out of their pot(s) to look at the roots will tell you a lot.
These guys ROCK!

Mornin Klinger....So then it's a go...get them into the biggest containers you have ...they will love you for it and when they get hooked up to a bunch of new fresh,H.B. soil....then you'le see em go brotha. They just need a bigger home's all.Those little one gal. pots get to be counter-productive after a few weeks...it just gets too hard to manage the soilfood web in such a small pot with a plant that's crying for more room. When you transplant into the new, bigger pots....just give them 1/4 Trans and a bit(2mls.) of Tea...that's all. After about a week ,you will see what we mean pal....cheers eh and have an awesome Sunday Gang.
Oh ya ....voting is almost over at potm thread...havn't bin over in a few days ,so not sure where i stand....but get over and vote for someone....:Namaste:

Mornin Klinger....So then it's a go...get them into the biggest containers you have ...they will love you for it and when they get hooked up to a bunch of new fresh,H.B. soil....then you'le see em go brotha. They just need a bigger home's all.Those little one gal. pots get to be counter-productive after a few weeks...it just gets too hard to manage the soilfood web in such a small pot with a plant that's crying for more room. When you transplant into the new, bigger pots....just give them 1/4 Trans and a bit(2mls.) of Tea...that's all. After about a week ,you will see what we mean pal....cheers eh and have an awesome Sunday Gang.
Oh ya ....voting is almost over at potm thread...havn't bin over in a few days ,so not sure where i stand....but get over and vote for someone....:Namaste:

Last watering/food was Tuesday iirc, I got a couple and a half solid days of work before I got room for em in those pots, but sounds great guys. Survey says xplant. I'll get it done by the end of the week for sure.

Crap, I got alot to do, what am I sittin around here for!?!?!

The mods have it out for me around here, they only let me vote for you once!

Last watering/food was Tuesday iirc, I got a couple and a half solid days of work before I got room for em in those pots, but sounds great guys. Survey says xplant. I'll get it done by the end of the week for sure.

Crap, I got alot to do, what am I sittin around here for!?!?!

The mods have it out for me around here, they only let me vote for you once!

:rofl:

:Namaste:

Here are the rootballs from one of the bigger stemmed ones, and smaller stemmed, respectively. The former has about double the size, near the walls of the pot. There are 2-3 smaller ones in total, the rest seem to follow the larger in size above ground.

CAM00644_zpsmr5cqoxw.jpg

CAM00643_zpsj66qldey.jpg

No more progression of ugliness. New growth is darker and vigorous. Several inches last couple days, I think they wanna take off....

CAM00650_zps9nfwbpaf.jpg

CAM00651_zps3uboj9bl.jpg

CAM00655_zpsq4fzrm4f.jpg

CAM00656_zpsmlnzythx.jpg

CAM00658_zps3fqiwxc7.jpg

CAM00660_zpsqe41zrde.jpg

Had to take that filter down really wasn't right, hadn't envisioned how big it was correctly. As many cool ideas I have for this build there are plenty of things still to figure out twice for the space.

They are looking much better. The leaves look nice and their size is good. :thumb:
But wait... Those are 1 gal. soft pots, and they've been in them for 6 weeks?
I think those roots should have completely filled the soil in those softies. Something doesn't seem right, but I've got no clue what it is.

This is a 1 gal. at just under two weeks.
AoS_2_05-08-15.jpg

They are looking much better. The leaves look nice and their size is good. :thumb:
But wait... Those are 1 gal. soft pots, and they've been in them for 6 weeks?
I think those roots should have completely filled the soil in those softies. Something doesn't seem right, but I've got no clue what it is.

This is a 1 gal. at just under two weeks.
AoS_2_05-08-15.jpg

Yep, that rootball was quite substandard. Most problems are usually "at the root" which is why people say stuff like, "The root of the problem is........." etc.

Wet dry cycles are called for! Don't let 'em get too hot.

Too hot? Its been a steady 78 in the room...Jumped up to 84-5 the last 2 days cuz I put the dehuey in there. They do have CO2.

Yea I don't wanna go into bloom with bummer roots, I had a feeling something wasn't right.

Plan to do another plain water soon (it looks like they will drink much sooner than previous feedings, more like 7 days than 11).

Brix on tuesday. (I usually do Sundays but Doc said hold off after the rescue)

Upcan thursday friday maybe hopefully.

Good plan?

I was expecting much bigger root ball also. I got a bad batch of pro-mix once and it retained water a lot more than normal.

I personally would water them less at a time till the roots get properly established, wet/dry cycles are great but if the wet part is to wet for to long your gonna have issues. I would cut the amount of water your giving them in half to start with and see where that gets you, shoot for around 4days before they need watered again :thumb:

Also is your soil really compacted? Might not be a bad idea to massage the outside of the softies a bit to get it loosened up and get some more air in there.

Glad you're getting to the root of the problem :rofl: :passitleft:

I could post pictures but all they do is prove you all know what ur talking about. Haven't xplanted yet, but everything looks perfect. Gave all the pots a massage to crumble up the dirt followed by 2-3 cups plain water. And Brix was due so they got it.

I took pictures but who wants to see perfect plants :yawn:

edit: this is a terrible post, I'm a bit delirious.

ok fine!

A little bit of the ol' in/out.

In

CAM00675_zps9ekbmctw.JPG

Out

CAM00676_zpssrdqa4sz.JPG

NSFW (too sexy)

CAM00667_zpsv0rurgc2.JPG

CAM00665_zpsmux92e2n.JPG

So not concerned or anything but the plants along the outside are reaching in toward the light, its super sexy. Was just wondering if anyone had any t5 tips, distance they like to run, anything. I've been fooling with anywhere from 8-16" without noticing much difference. They probably need another week or so before I can get them under the big lights.

Looking Fabulous!! :bravo::thumb:

+reps

Get those T5 down nice and close if you can - 6 inches or less is great.

Looking Fabulous!! :bravo::thumb:

+reps

Get those T5 down nice and close if you can - 6 inches or less is great.

^ Exactly. ^
I had my T5's within a couple of inches in the nursery = no problems.

Back
Top Bottom