Laquer Head's Indoor Organic Obsession: 2018

Not much else can ruin your day quite like finding out one of your plants took a topple! So wont be needing to worry about broad mites or anything for that matter any longer. Grrrrrrrr! I'm SUPER frustrated .

Cindy split in half, looks like a fricking tree fell on her when I went to check this morning....although there was nothing actually on her! Not sure how it happened, I tied it back together but doubting its gonna work as I dont think I caught it soon enough. Maybe the rain made the shoot to heavy??? Idk. I hate outdoor plants in the Midwest! Probably gonna opt out of trying it again in the future. Too many obstacles to overcome - including legality.

Im sure she will keep growing, at least the other 60-75% of the plant. Definitely not what I envisioned for my outdoor girl though! Not to mention the remaining shoots aren't any stronger, so the likelihood of it happening to the rest is fairly high! I definitely dont have the time to tend to it like I can the indoor op. So I'm gonna chalk it up as a loss for now. Didn't take pictures of the miserable wench either, will get to them this evening probably!

Hope everyone's day started out better than mine :p

On the up side of things, the LA is freaking beautiful! Frost is coming on pretty heavy. Gave her her first bit of LABs this morning watered in with 1 gal RO water. Not much else to report since I've been updating her on a regular basis :circle-of-love:

Outdoors can be hit or miss, the reason I switched to indoor is I was losing over half my outdoor crop every summer.
In my two attempts in the past the exact same thing has happened (losing over half). The constant battle against pests is entirely to real in my area of the world. Mainly grasshoppers. Then there's wind. And lots of chances of cross pollination with all the ditch weed. Definitely hasn't worked for me more than it has lol.

similar experiences outdoors here... Lost the crop.. Weather, bugs, scum bag rippers....

That being said LH... Take some snips, cut some clones, keep em in your window sill till youre done with LA.. To avoid bugs.... Then flower some clones out innyour tent so you dont lose cindy

also i have had tomato plants split on me, i just tape them up hardcore and they keep on trucking.... Duct tape is your friend! My .02.

passing it back

:passitleft:

similar experiences outdoors here... Lost the crop.. Weather, bugs, scum bag rippers....

That being said LH... Take some snips, cut some clones, keep em in your window sill till youre done with LA.. To avoid bugs.... Then flower some clones out innyour tent so you dont lose cindy

also i have had tomato plants split on me, i just tape them up hardcore and they keep on trucking.... Duct tape is your friend! My .02.

passing it back

:passitleft:
Hmm, never cloned yet...but definitely not a bad idea! I might just give it a shot. Will a clear plastic bag be a good enough humidity dome? That and a rapid rooter plug is all I'm missing. Maybe a peat puck would work just as well...

honestly, i dont even use that... I just cut em, dip in either rooting solution or i cut a piece off my aloe plant and dip it in there, and then i just put them in a wet solo cup of soil and put them in window sill or whererever i have the space... It takes a week or two and then you will start seeing some new action up top. I guess you coukd do the clear solo inside red so you coukd check roots.

the bag idea youre refering to is @SweetSue s... And i knownshe swears by it, maybe she can drop in withbher methodology for ya!

Ahh! Maybe ill just buy a small Rubbermaid and turn it upside down...drill a couple tiny holes maybe.

My plan was actually to use aloe, by dipping the scraped cutting into it. Then roll in some cinnamon for its rooting hormones and help with damping off/pests! Ill consider going straight into the solo! Thanks

I seen something about KNF. Pulling up a real comfy chair here if ya don't mind. I have to go back and read 22 pages now....
Welcome JustMeds! :welcome:Just getting my feet wet with it! Hope to explore it a little more as soon as the busier season is more or less behind us. Maybe try to make some calphos next. Not too much has happened in those first few pages other than making and learning from some mistakes lol. Maybe a few good recipes and worm wranglin tips.. Glad to have ya here! :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom