Laquer Head's Indoor Organic Obsession: 2018

Cinderella XX - Day 51

We have a huge fungus gnat infestation that I'm trying to get under control..hasn't really affected the plant too much but I dont need it to either. I plan on spraying spinosad, and topdressing neem and BTI. We'll see how that works and go from there.

She's loving the outdoors either way though, and continues to stretch like mad! The newly topped shoots have finally sprung back and are looking good. Other than that there isn't a whole lot to report with her. But there is pictures :thumb:

You can see where something has been gnawing on a few if the leaves...don't think its the end of the world but sure doesnt help her look any prettier!

On another note, the LABS are all finished up and bottled. I'm uber excited to give it a try! Thanks @Amy Gardner for all the info you've contributed. I will be using this finished product in my foliars, soil drenches (even in the LA which I forgot to mention), compost piles to speed up decomposition, and finally in my banana fermented fruit juice that I will start this next Thursday when I receive my "pickle pebbles".

I ended up with 2 entire liters of finished lacto using a 1 gallon mason jar, 1 bag of rice, and 1 gallon of organic whole milk!!! I cant imagine how long its going to last me. If you include the one bottle that has been shelf stabilized using equal parts brown sugar, I actually ended up with about 2400ml. Considering a person only needs 15/30ml per gallon of water, it should make up about 100 gallons. Not to shabby for $25 (including the mason jar).

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Thanks for following along with me :high-five:

Looking good here LH! Glad to see that you are getting things dialed in brother! Nice pull on the LABS as well, should last you a good while!

Thank you kind sir! Looking to take things to the next level once I harvest this fresh vermicompost (though the next "batch" will be improved some)..very eager to see how it will improve things! I'm thinking my next batch of soil is going to be damn near perfect :high-five:

Since yesterday had older pics and I have the time, I thought id throw a few more up of the LA. She sure didn't stretch a whole lot..and I'm thinking her time to stretch is nearing the end! I'm definitely okay with that though. I only have maybe another 4-5" left to go up with the light.

Ive counted I think 9 shoots that I feel are going to be tremendous! 4 that are going to be pretty good size, and 6 or so smaller ones that will probably go for oil and butter! Assuming we make it without any problems

Yay L’Head! Looking super all round. The regular foliars on the C99 should help keep the bugs off - but do check it for mites! There’ll be good natural predators around too so hopefully balance will prevail!
So exciting to see the LA Confidential finally getting the attitude :slide:
Shaping up great! :thumb:

:Namaste:

Yay L’Head! Looking super all round. The regular foliars on the C99 should help keep the bugs off - but do check it for mites! There’ll be good natural predators around too so hopefully balance will prevail!
So exciting to see the LA Confidential finally getting the attitude :slide:
Shaping up great! :thumb:

:Namaste:
Why thank you! And Ill be sure to keep an eye on her!

Very excited for the LA :high-five: I can hardly contain it lol!

Will hopefully get around to posting some pics of the Cindy today (hopefully here just after lunch)! Been noticing leaves looking not as happy, can't pinpoint what the cause would be however. Its definitely not to bad yet, I'm just trying to stay in tune with my plants and catch things as early as possible.

As I've said I'm working in KIS Organics nutrient pack (for the outdoor plant!), which is supposed to be a water only..it does have loads of goodies in it and has been tested strenuously over the years for MJ in particular. Not to say I won't be adding some of my own things such as teas and topdressings but there is no way I'm to that point yet. The soil should still have PLENTY of everything.

Which leads me to believe it may be pest related..there are some small holes in 6-7 of the leaves but surely that wouldn't cause it? My guess is on a soil pest but ill need some help determining if that's the case! Will update with more info and pics shortly :thumb:

So apparently dabs in the morning impair my judgement pretty good :roorrip:lol! I could have sworn the Cindy looked worse then.. Not that I'm complaining! She's actually growing quite well. There is 1 (kinda 2) shoot that has some funny stuff going on and would like to know what causes it, the only thing I've really done is pull a shoot off below it due to it being scrawny as all get out. Don't see that causing the twisted growth tho. 1 other shoot acts like its trying to do the same thing, kinda like where it seems the leaf "bunches" up so to speak, or gets rigid.

The only other thing I can think of would be the neem oil treatment...which I'm beginning to think is super potent stuff. Ive read recently people using only a tsp. as opposed to a tbsp. and still having an effective IPM spray. Maybe it didn't much care for it. Any and all suggestions to what it might be are welcome! :thanks:

Btw, those white specks are pollen!

looks like shes doing good to me! Leaf twist is interesting.. Not sure why she would do that, the new growth up top looks good... Might be right about neem oil
Thanks! Just wanted to catch something early if need be! Dont need to lose 2-3 weeks as I did with the LA. I feel Neem is the first obvious choice. Anyways...Here, have this :passitleft:

Got the banana fermented fruit juice going! To do this I took 4 lbs of bananas, peel and all, and 4 lbs of brown sugar and mixed in a large mixing bowl by hand until everything was mush! Then added in just over a tbsp of the LABS made earlier and mixed that in real good. Into the gallon mason jar it went with cheesecloth over the top so C02 can escape! Now we wait 2-3 weeks making sure to "redistribute" the liquids and solids that will seperate so we get a good ferment!

It will be used weekly as a soil drench in flower! Hoping to plump the buds up a good amount :slide:

Keep an eye on those newer shoots, if the leaves get a shiny look to them or new growth continues to twist up you could have Broad/russet mites. Neem oil and alcohol and water should knock them down if that’s what it ends up being.

Keep an eye on those newer shoots, if the leaves get a shiny look to them or new growth continues to twist up you could have Broad/russet mites. Neem oil and alcohol and water should knock them down if that’s what it ends up being.
Will definitely pay close attention to them! Thanks :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom