Lembatoast's 2017 - Last Hurrah - Grow Journal

Indoor Update: I took the girls out for some Sun and Transplanting.
DSCN063110.JPG
I transferred the 7 Indica Doms from there quart bags to gallon bags. This one was germinated at the same time as the previous 7 but never took off. I all most through it out, glad I didn't. When I looked at it today it had finely started to grow
DSCN063311.JPG
DSCN063510.JPG
I also took the plants in the gallon bags and put them in containers.
DSCN063710.JPG
Well that's the Big Boring Update. TOAST

Haha, yes, a beautiful story from Toast's glorious past! I grew up in Orlando, but spent loads of time in South Florida. Man do miss it, but alas those times have passed me by now.

Back on topic, the girls are looking good so far this season.

Keep em green and sticky :peace:

Hey there toast. I just finished reading your 2016 journal and then stumbled on this one because I just wanted to keep reading. I must say though you are quite talented when it comes to these plants. They look gorgeous :) im glad to see things are looking up for you and your mother though. I have also been in hard times due to my father but that's another story. Ill be taking a seat as well and hopefully learn lots from this. If you would like you can check out my journal its kinda a work in progress but its coming alright :) can't wait to see how yours goes and the best of wishes to you and your family :)

First LED Grow Tent

BigBrown97, welcome aboard. Have you ever heard the Primus song Wynona's got a Big Brown Beaver if not you should check it out on You Tube. LOL If your really into reading check out my 2014 and 2015 Journals there a lot better than 2016. All kinda crazy shit happened on those two grows. Any way thanks for subbing and I will check yours out as soon as I get the time and let you know what I think. Later Buddy. TOAST

OK...I'm all caught up. So all you've done so far is smash your neighbors new car, put your starter dead car in your guy's shop, make a little finger hash (Wow...2.2 grams), replaced a refrigerator and told everyone you borrowed a very fine boat. We never got even a smell of that wax you were going to make.

Just kidding old mate. I'm glad your mom is making a nice recovery.

Everything looking good so far and I can't wait until the planters get filled. Keep it all green my friend. :high-five:

First off Thank You everybody for you concern for my Mother. It's a real comfort knowing so many people around the world are wishing her well, Thank You. MagicJim - Pretty fun stuff, it was like Murphy's Law on Steriods. But every things cool now. Alright here's an little Update just cause I was bored and wanted to post some thing. These are the Indica Dom unknowns
DSCN064914.JPG
This is the runt of the group
DSCN065011.JPG
It was watering day, so their all perky
DSCN065111.JPG
DSCN06529.JPG
DSCN065314.JPG
A different angle of the Indicas
DSCN065414.JPG
Normally I only have to check them every three days, but for some reason, no matter how close or far away I put the lights, every day their in the lights. So next time you see them they will be 18" shorter. I'm going to chop them back and try to get 100 clones. Well that's it for me. TTYallL TOAST

Looking good mr toast. I thought I'd ask you- since you've been around a while, do you remember the Christmas buds or Pine strains that used to be around? Ever find that pine stuff anymore?

Maybe... sensi did have one called 'fast pine' I think. In general what I mean is any sort of bud that smelled exactly like pine. It used to show up in winter and sometimes was called Christmas buds.

This is mainly for BigBrown97, but if you have never seen how I clone, then its for you also. What you will need is, Clonex, Dip & Grow, Rockwool Plugs, Distilled Water, Scissors, New Razor Blades, Sharpie, Plastic Tub, Surgical Gloves, Measuring Cup, Tea Spoon, 1/4 Tea Spoon, Role of Produce Bags, and Twist Ties.
DSCN065713.JPG
The reason you want to use Dip & Grow instead of other Root Hormone is because you mix it fresh every time you use it. When you use the powder or the jell you have a much higher incidence of Contamination. You put 1 TS of Clonex to 4 cups of water
DSCN06589.JPG
You mix the Dip & Grow 1/4 TS to 1 oz of water
DSCN065911.JPG
you then soak your Rookwool in the Clonex
DSCN066017.JPG
I use A-OK Starter Plugs. There made to be used like this
DSCN066115.JPG
but I turn them upside down
DSCN066212.JPG
because you get better Stem to Rockwool contact then putting the stems in the hole on the other side. Then you go get the plant you want to clone
DSCN066313.JPG
Now I take the very best parts of the plant for my clones. I want to reduce the size of the plant so I am taking the entire top of the plant
DSCN066414.JPG
I cut of all the stuff at the bottom and set it aside
DSCN066513.JPG
then I clean up the stem of the clone up to 3 or 4 internodes from the top
DSCN066613.JPG
I take a new razor blade and slant cut the stem, leaving 2 or 3 internodes above the cut
DSCN066712.JPG
dip it in the Dip & Grow
DSCN066812.JPG
then I shove in to the Rockwool
DSCN066912.JPG
I then go through the stuff I clipped off to see if there is any thing worth cloning, which in this case there was 2
DSCN067012.JPG
If you will notice the internodes on this stem are very close together
DSCN067114.JPG
this is ideal, the plant roots at the internodes and the more internodes you can get in the Rockwool the better your Root saturation will be
DSCN067213.JPG
After you finish taking the clones from that plant, you get the appropriate number of Produce Bags, in this case 6 and mark them with the strain, in this case it BlackWater O.G.
DSCN067310.JPG
Place the clone in the bag, blow it full of air and seal it with a Twist Tie
DSCN067413.JPG
If you are going to clone more then 1 plant of the same strain, its a good idea to mark the first plant like BWOG#1 and the second plant BWOG#2 and so on. That way you know which clones came from what plant. That way if there is some abnormality in the mother you know which plants to keep an eye on. All right that's it. If you are able to keep the clones at a constant 78 degree's 3 to 5 days to show roots coming out of the Rockwool. I wait until the roots are out about an inch or so before I take them out of the bags. When You do take them out of the bags you have to keep them wet with a sprayer for 20 mins or so or they will wilt on you. They don't like going from 100% Humidity to No Humidity. I'm going to go take the rest of the clones, which will not be 100 because I only have 83 Rockwools left, and I'm not going out to get more right now. Hope that helps ya. TOAST when I'm done with the clones I will post a Pic of them all.

WeaselCracker, that's the first I heard of that, I've never smelled pot that smelled like a Douglas Fir. The 2 years I lived on the Hoopa Indian Reservation I worked pulling Planer Chain at Humbolt Fir Lumber Mill and that pine smell is embedded in my being. It sounds like it was the bomb. I personally chase Cat Piss
IMG_04848.JPG
a guy gave me the seed and didn't know what it was and I didn't know what it was until it was budded out and at that time I didn't know you could ReVeg, so I lost the strain. So far all the stuff they say is Cat Piss ain't the Cat Piss I grew. This stuff reeeeeked nasty cat box when you roll it, but the second you light it that smell goes away and its like cherries pouring down your throat and it tasted so good that you held it extra long and just when it started to expand you exhale and catch this electric instant smile on your face buzz, it was good shit man. LOL I wish you luck in your hunt

Back
Top Bottom