LeoPot's First Grow! Indoor, Soil, 4 Strains, Mars Hydro TSW 2000

leopot

420 Member
Hello guys!
Not only is this my first grow, it's also my first gardening project of any kind.
I am starting this journal a little late, on day 25 of flowering (day 48).
In this post I will list my setup and write a short summary of the past 7 weeks, including a few pictures, to catch you up. In the next post I will start off the journal with current pictures.

Setup:
  • Grow Tent, 1m x 1m x 2m (~3ft x 3ft x 6ft) [I got this tent for cheap from a friend of a friend, it's a bit leaky but I patched it up a bit. Smell isn't that big of a concern for me right now, got no visitors anyway... But for the next grow I will do a better job patching it up.]
  • Four 11L (~3 gal.) pots, one of them is a bucket with holes drilled into it because I got one extra seedling for free...
  • Mars Hydro TSW 2000; dimmable full-spectrum LED board; Actual power draw ~300w at 100%; on a timer (18h/6h for veg and 12h/12h for flower)
  • Three 200mm PC fans each moving ~130cfm; two for intake, one for exhaust through an active charcoal filter [The filter is oversized for the exhaust configuration. Next grow I will improve ducting and get better fans to help with smell.]
Strains:
  • Black Domina (BD)
    • Indica (~18% THC, ~1% CBD), ~12 weeks flowering
  • Jack Herer (JH)
    • Sativa (~17% THC, ~1% CBD), ~12 weeks flowering
  • Bubble Gum (BG)
    • Hybrid (~17% THC, a little more on the sativa side)
  • Cherry Queen (CQ)
    • Hybrid [I don't really know much about this one, couldn't find much either...]
Nutrients:
Plagron Natural set
Nutrients.jpg
All measurements are in ml/10L. I skipped the first 3 weeks and started with about 50% of recommendet dosages. Vita Race is sprayed onto the Plants once a week.

They grow in pre-fertilized (for 3 weeks veg) soil. [I won't buy pre-fertilized soil again. Any soil/run-off water pH test showed it to be around and above 8 in the beginning]
The following are excerpts from my post in introductions (which you can find here).
First 3 weeks I watered with pH ~6.4. I then measured soil pH (which was at 8.4!!!!). I tried to stay away from any drastic measures (less is more approach) and just watered with pH ~5.8-5.9 measured again 1 week later (when I started flowering) and pH was at 7.2 (much better, not perfekt) I continued watering around pH 6.0
When I started flowering I did a little bit of trimming around the bottom of my plants as well as some bigger fan leaves that blocked light. Started with the nutes at around 60% of the recommend dosage. I had some problems with powdery white mildew, used a water/milk spray which worked until now. I am now on day 23 of flowering. Around day 20 some leaves started turning yellow so I raised the light up a bit (it was a little bit below 12 inches over the canopy, now at ~14.5). The yellowing got worse the last few days and PWM came back worse than before. Humidity is actually on the low end in my grow space (usually 45-55%).
Since then, I have raised the light up farther and dimmed it to ~80%. I had very little free time the past couple of days and my plants really need some attention tonight.

Some pictures:
1.jpg
Pic. 1: day 2, In their new home
2.jpg
Pic. 2: day 6, Finally in their new pots (except cherry queen)

5.jpg
Pic. 3: day 8, Growing pains

10.jpg
Pic. 4: day 23/day 1of flower, Powdery White Mildew (PWM).
Spraying the plants with water and vita race helped.

11.jpg
Pic. 5: day 26/day 3 of flower, Happy little plants.

Thank you for the warm welcome on the Forum!
If I left out any Information please let me know.

Looking forward to spending some time on here and learning!
I'll keep you posted.

Hello guys!
Not only is this my first grow, it's also my first gardening project of any kind.
I am starting this journal a little late, on day 25 of flowering (day 48).
In this post I will list my setup and write a short summary of the past 7 weeks, including a few pictures, to catch you up. In the next post I will start off the journal with current pictures.

Setup:
  • Grow Tent, 1m x 1m x 2m (~3ft x 3ft x 6ft) [I got this tent for cheap from a friend of a friend, it's a bit leaky but I patched it up a bit. Smell isn't that big of a concern for me right now, got no visitors anyway... But for the next grow I will do a better job patching it up.]
  • Four 11L (~3 gal.) pots, one of them is a bucket with holes drilled into it because I got one extra seedling for free...
  • Mars Hydro TSW 2000; dimmable full-spectrum LED board; Actual power draw ~300w at 100%; on a timer (18h/6h for veg and 12h/12h for flower)
  • Three 200mm PC fans each moving ~130cfm; two for intake, one for exhaust through an active charcoal filter [The filter is oversized for the exhaust configuration. Next grow I will improve ducting and get better fans to help with smell.]
Strains:
  • Black Domina (BD)
    • Indica (~18% THC, ~1% CBD), ~12 weeks flowering
  • Jack Herer (JH)
    • Sativa (~17% THC, ~1% CBD), ~12 weeks flowering
  • Bubble Gum (BG)
    • Hybrid (~17% THC, a little more on the sativa side)
  • Cherry Queen (CQ)
    • Hybrid [I don't really know much about this one, couldn't find much either...]
Nutrients:
Plagron Natural set
Nutrients.jpg
All measurements are in ml/10L. I skipped the first 3 weeks and started with about 50% of recommendet dosages. Vita Race is sprayed onto the Plants once a week.

They grow in pre-fertilized (for 3 weeks veg) soil. [I won't buy pre-fertilized soil again. Any soil/run-off water pH test showed it to be around and above 8 in the beginning]
The following are excerpts from my post in introductions (which you can find here).

Since then, I have raised the light up farther and dimmed it to ~80%. I had very little free time the past couple of days and my plants really need some attention tonight.

Some pictures:
1.jpg
Pic. 1: day 2, In their new home
2.jpg
Pic. 2: day 6, Finally in their new pots (except cherry queen)

5.jpg
Pic. 3: day 8, Growing pains

10.jpg
Pic. 4: day 23/day 1of flower, Powdery White Mildew (PWM).
Spraying the plants with water and vita race helped.

11.jpg
Pic. 5: day 26/day 3 of flower, Happy little plants.

Thank you for the warm welcome on the Forum!
If I left out any Information please let me know.

Looking forward to spending some time on here and learning!
I'll keep you posted.
Welcome friend :welcome: Beautiful garden. What are you feeding them now?:Namaste:

Current Situation:

I read up on correct watering here. Sadly a bit late, but I'll know for next time;).
I think the light was too close and too bright (around 23cm /9" above tallest plant and at 100%). I raised it up to around 40cm /16" and turned it down to 80%.
The residue on some leaves is from vita race spray which I used when PWM returned two days ago. From now on I'll use milk/water (3:1) spray if PWM returns again.

These pictures have been taken yesterday, day 47/day 24 of flower:
15.jpg
Pic. 1: BG is turning a little bit red around the edges of a few leaves. I googled and came up with a Molybdenium(?) deficiency.

19.jpg
Pic. 2: JH looks alright besides hanging leaves, but she has always been doing that.

21.jpg
Pic. 3: CQ looks fine, she's a liitle behind because we transplanted her a few days later than the orthers...

25.jpg
Pic. 4: Yellowing leaves on BD and clawing I believe. I hope lowering the light stress helps with that.

26.jpg
Pic. 5: BD is praying (leaves pointing up and curling slightly). Again, I hope lowering the light intensity helps.

27.jpg
Pic. 6: This one has me worried. The picture is of BG but the same can be found on all plants. Are these calyxes, pollen sacs, seeds or something else? I have no idea:confused: I hope someone can give me some insight here.

I will post the next update probably tomorrow and try to keep regular updates coming!

Thanks and have a great day!:thumb:

Current Situation:

I read up on correct watering here. Sadly a bit late, but I'll know for next time;).
I think the light was too close and too bright (around 23cm /9" above tallest plant and at 100%). I raised it up to around 40cm /16" and turned it down to 80%.
The residue on some leaves is from vita race spray which I used when PWM returned two days ago. From now on I'll use milk/water (3:1) spray if PWM returns again.

15.jpg
Pic. 1: BG is turning a little bit red around the edges of a few leaves. I googled and came up with a Molybdenium(?) deficiency.

19.jpg
Pic. 2: JH looks alright besides hanging leaves, but she has always been doing that.

21.jpg
Pic. 3: CQ looks fine, she's a liitle behind because we transplanted her a few days later than the orthers...

25.jpg
Pic. 4: Yellowing leaves on BD and clawing I believe. I hope lowering the light stress helps with that.

26.jpg
Pic. 5: BD is praying (leaves pointing up and curling slightly). Again, I hope lowering the light intensity helps.

27.jpg
Pic. 6: This one has me worried. The picture is of BG but the same can be found on all plants. Are these calyxes, pollen sacs, seeds or something else? I have no idea:confused: I hope someone can give me some insight here.

I will post the next update probably tomorrow and try to keep regular updates coming!

Its a boy. Remove it asap.

Current Situation:

15.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

Its a boy. Remove it asap
Current Situation:

15.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

What's your rh,grow medium, and feeding schedule.

Welcome friend :welcome: Beautiful garden. What are you feeding them now?:Namaste:
What they're getting tonight:
  • Alga Bloom 3ml/L
  • Green Sensation 1ml/L
  • pH ~6.00
They're currently getting a meal every 2 days. I'll measure soil and run-off pH tonight and maybe flush them. Some plants show signs of deficiencies (Magnesium and Molybdenium I think). I'll post some fresh pictures tonight.

Current Situation:

15.jpg

19.jpg
What they're getting tonight:
  • Alga Bloom 3ml/L
  • Green Sensation 1ml/L
  • pH ~6.00
They're currently getting a meal every 2 days. I'll measure soil and run-off pH tonight and maybe flush them. Some plants show signs of deficiencies (Magnesium and Molybdenium I think). I'll post some fresh pictures tonight.

21.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

They look hungry.

Current Situation:

15.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

It's ok they're swollen calyxes.

Its a boy. Remove it asap

What's your rh,grow medium, and feeding schedule.
But they do have some nice looking and smelling buds. I didn't see any seeds/pollen sacs in the buds, only around the nodes. I've read something about "true hermaphrodite" plants where male and female parts grow on the same plant, but not in the same spots. It also says that you can hold out until harvest if you carefully pluck them off...
I'll take some more pictures tonight:thumb:

Edit because of not reading your whole answer:
grow medium is Plagron Growmix:
28.jpg

Feeding shedule: Usually every two days unless they're really dry or still moist. Nutrients are: Alga Bloom 3ml/L, Green Sensation 1ml/L and pH is around 6.00. As far as I cant tell they contain nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and an organic compound fertiliser.

Temperatur is usually between 19°C (lights out) and 24°C (lights on). Humidity on the low side, between 40% and 50%.

I don't know what you mean by rh...

Hairs in the calix makes it a female. keep that one!
Yes I know my mistake
Rh = relative humidity. Which is fairly low so I don't know why you have pm.
Unless you brought spores in.

Yes I know my mistake
I would have made the same mistake so dont worry!

@leopot . Welcome and Great first grow. You are learning quick my friend. :thumb:I wish my first grow was as successful as yours. I had a plant grave yard.
I had a row of decomposing plants. The little name tags in the pots looked like gravestones :rip: "here lies moby and her sisters"

Looking forward to your progress, I will be tagging along for the ride.

Short Update:

They actually all look pretty good, I trimmed and fed them, measured soil and run-off pH and took pictures. I'll post a couple of pictures right now and some more tomorrow in a full update.
Soil pH tested around 7 (colorscale...) and run-off water was at 6.7.
Pictures were taken on day 48 / day 25 of flower.

IMG_20210207_201424.jpg

Pic. 1: Before

IMG_20210207_205357.jpg
Pic. 2: After

IMG_20210207_212601.jpg

Pic. 3: BD

IMG_20210207_203501.jpg
Pic. 4: JH

IMG_20210207_203149.jpg
Pic. 5: BG

IMG_20210207_204622.jpg
Pic. 6: CQ

IMG_20210207_201303.jpg
Pic. 7: BD, main cola

IMG_20210207_201255.jpg
Pic. 8: BG

Short Update:

They actually all look pretty good, I trimmed and fed them, measured soil and run-off pH and took pictures. I'll post a couple of pictures right now and some more tomorrow in a full update.
Soil pH tested around 7 (colorscale...) and run-off water was at 6.7.
Pictures were taken on day 48 / day 25 of flower.

IMG_20210207_201424.jpg

Pic. 1: Before

IMG_20210207_205357.jpg
Pic. 2: After

IMG_20210207_212601.jpg

Pic. 3: BD

IMG_20210207_203501.jpg
Pic. 4: JH

IMG_20210207_203149.jpg
Pic. 5: BG

IMG_20210207_204622.jpg
Pic. 6: CQ

IMG_20210207_201303.jpg
Pic. 7: BD, main cola

IMG_20210207_201255.jpg
Pic. 8: BG
Excellent pics, is it just me or does she look hungry.

The water was at 730ppm. They do look like there are some slight deficiencies, should I add a magnesium supplement?

I am so relieved! I'll share more pictures tomorrow:smokin:
I think that soil is spent and you should be feeding her proper flowering nutrients. I honestly don't know anything about what you have there for nutrients and soil. So I may not be the person to listen to. But Maby flushing that pot and then feed might help. And yes some sort of calmag.

Day 50 / Day 27 of flower

Soil pH showed around 7 and run-off water pH was at 6.7. I fed them two days in a row now, on the second day I gave them a little bit less.
Should I be keeping them more saturated with water while flowering?

What they're getting right now:
Plagron Alga Bloom 3ml/L
Plagron Green Sensation 1ml/L
Water with all nutrients mixed in is at pH 6.3 and 730ppm.
I think that soil is spent and you should be feeding her proper flowering nutrients. I honestly don't know anything about what you have there for nutrients and soil. So I may not be the person to listen to. But Maby flushing that pot and then feed might help. And yes some sort of calmag.
I'll definitely buy a magnesium supplement. The nutrients I have are specific for flowering, I bought them at a grow shop. What would you consider to be proper flowering nutrients?

IMG_20210208_224032.jpg
Pic. 1: CQ, JH, BD, BG (clockwise from top left)
Still quite a few yellow leaves on BD. Red discoloration on BG seems to have gotten better.

IMG_20210207_202622_edit_15334422831514.jpg
Pic. 2: Some more pictures of the calyxes on BG.

IMG_20210208_210553.jpg
IMG_20210208_210622.jpg
Pic. 3 and 4: Discoloration and cupping on BD.

IMG_20210208_211014.jpg
IMG_20210208_224041.jpg
Pic. 5 and 6: Discoloration and deterioration on JH.

IMG_20210208_210853_edit_22649168773106.jpg
IMG_20210208_210926_edit_22732772836114.jpg
Pic. 7 and 8: PWM on BG. The only two leaves affected, in this case I just carefully removed them.

Moving forward, I will order some calmag and flush with water at pH 6.4. Should I get different nutrients altogether, anyone have any experience with BioBizz products? Or should I just stick with what I got for this grow and supplement with calmag?

I'll leave you with some more nice pictures and I hope you'll have a great day today!:peace:

IMG_20210208_224229.jpg
Pic. 9: BG looking delicious already, about a third into her flower.

IMG_20210208_224207_edit_22874918611092.jpg
Pic. 10: BD is my favourite so far, she smells so amazing already.

Back
Top Bottom