Let's grow some Weed!

Yea Joe, Munkis simple cloning set up really worked good for me. I made a minor modification but it rocked. I hope it works for you too. Its getting friggin cold here in CO. Tonight we are going to -2 F and I hope my ladies are safe tonight.

Hay Joe now that Ive found you I can follow your jurnal.....thanks bro

:Rasta::Rasta:

I trimmed a few branches with buds on them from my first grow plant tonight. It's time to harvest a lil bit off of the plant so we can smoke the new buds for Christmas. There's plenty of Buds on her still and a lot of new budding growth on her. weeeeeeee! It's so nice to be harvesting some that we can smoke.

I cloned another stem this evening as well, hopefully I will get one to take root real soon.

Hey bro, hope your cloning attempts treat you better. As for temps, 74 is a great temp if you can hold it at that. We have 3 inches of snow on the ground and it is still snowing. First day of snow and they already closed the schools...wtf?. Hope your clones take bro. Keep em green.

I tried rootech but didn't have any luck it saperated on me ...went bad... switched to clonex and have used it for 4 crops....But Pit is the one who gets roots in 5 days......

Here's today's pics on the clones. The one in the front I cloned yesterday.

IMG_03054.jpg

IMG_03063.jpg

I tried rootech but didn't have any luck it saperated on me ...went bad... switched to clonex and have used it for 4 crops....But Pit is the one who gets roots in 5 days......

I went to the hydroponics shop to buy the clonex but the girl at the shop thought rootech was a better product because the gel was thicker...

If I don't have any success soon I will switch over to the Clonex like you had originally suggested.

Hey Joe..I feel your pain.
There are several factors that come in to play when cloning. Some strains are tougher than other ones. Temp,moisture etc
Some people nail it right but I think the majority fail. I fall into the failing class LOL
Ive cut many clones this past year (hundreds) and tried several methods in an effort to achieve success. Ive tried EVERY product out there and read and reread my books and have seen every thread out there. Cloning has not been easy for me but now that Ive got it down it just works all the time.
By my calculations your clones are aprox 11-12 days old. Ive had them go 2-2.5 weeks so dont be alarmed. Also you need to play the odds. If you throw enough shit on the wall some of it will eventualy stick..Ill repeat this.....cloning has not been easy for me.
I see you have some plants in flower...take some flowering clones off the bottoms. Take as many as you can...they are usually non-productive lower branches.
They are in bloom now so it will double the time because they will have to revert to veg.
but you will end up with this

flowering_clone.jpg

One of my bros here.... Racefan turned me onto flowering clones. I dont normally need them but I want to try everything and if you can make flowering clones you will make regular clones ALL THE TIME.
I looked at your clones and they look great IMO. I would bet they will be rooting in a few days. They arent wilted and nasty. Dont sweat it. Keep at it.
That being said..I do recomend 1 product that has NEVER failed me. Vitagrow. this stuff will make your hair grow..Ive turned alot people on to it.

If your going to be doing alot of cloning I would seriously consider an EZ Cloner or make one like it. No dome, no wilt, no leaf trimming. If your only going to clone occaisionly and only a few then dont spend the money on a cloning machine.

RTU Rooting Compound Details

Vita Grow Ready to Use Rooting Compound is a great product. This product works where others fail. This is the same formula that production nurseries use to clone ten thousand starts at a time. Nurseries don’t have time for gels. They need rooting compounds to be effective, easy and fast or they won’t use it. Simply dip the cutting into the compound for 5 seconds and plant in your favorite medium. Use a covered dome and under-tray heater for best results. ............this is from their website

One other must have is House&Garden RootsExcelurator. Extremely expensive stuff but I use it in everything.

Hey Joe..I feel your pain.
There are several factors that come in to play when cloning. Some strains are tougher than other ones. Temp,moisture etc
Some people nail it right but I think the majority fail. I fall into the failing class LOL
Ive cut many clones this past year (hundreds) and tried several methods in an effort to achieve success. Ive tried EVERY product out there and read and reread my books and have seen every thread out there. Cloning has not been easy for me but now that Ive got it down it just works all the time.
By my calculations your clones are aprox 11-12 days old. Ive had them go 2-2.5 weeks so dont be alarmed. Also you need to play the odds. If you throw enough shit on the wall some of it will eventualy stick..Ill repeat this.....cloning has not been easy for me.
I see you have some plants in flower...take some flowering clones off the bottoms. Take as many as you can...they are usually non-productive lower branches.
They are in bloom now so it will double the time because they will have to revert to veg.
but you will end up with this

One of my bros here.... Racefan turned me onto flowering clones. I dont normally need them but I want to try everything and if you can make flowering clones you will make regular clones ALL THE TIME.
I looked at your clones and they look great IMO. I would bet they will be rooting in a few days. They arent wilted and nasty. Dont sweat it. Keep at it.
That being said..I do recomend 1 product that has NEVER failed me. Vitagrow. this stuff will make your hair grow..Ive turned alot people on to it.

If your going to be doing alot of cloning I would seriously consider an EZ Cloner or make one like it. No dome, no wilt, no leaf trimming. If your only going to clone occaisionly and only a few then dont spend the money on a cloning machine.

When it comes to cloning I do believe in the "throw enough shit on the wall theory" LOL! Sooner or later I will have a success... No doubt in my mind it's all about technique and practice. I will certainly not feel discouraged if I lose a few in the learning process (I'm 0 for 3 so far!).. If I do not have success soon my next course of thought is to try Clonex since I have a trial pack here at the house.

RTU Rooting Compound Details

Vita Grow Ready to Use Rooting Compound is a great product. This product works where others fail. This is the same formula that production nurseries use to clone ten thousand starts at a time. Nurseries don't have time for gels. They need rooting compounds to be effective, easy and fast or they won't use it. Simply dip the cutting into the compound for 5 seconds and plant in your favorite medium. Use a covered dome and under-tray heater for best results. ............this is from their website

One other must have is House&Garden RootsExcelurator. Extremely expensive stuff but I use it in everything.

I will put Vita Grow on the list! I am a small grower so I don't think at this point I will be going with any of the expensive cloning equipment at the moment. My wife and I are growing for personal enjoyment we have found it to be a fun hobby to grow, learn and smoke. It's a good feeling to smoke what you have grown...

Excellent info PitViper +reps bro. Not to derails Joe's thread but do you think its easier to clone a flowering plant vs vegging plant or does it matter? The only reason I ask because I've never had a chance to clone a vegging plant but I had real good results with flowering clones. I got clones at 2 different times 3 weeks into flowering and 5 weeks into flowering and only lost about 3 out of 14. I dont think I would have had that kind of sucess without everybodys help here.

Excellent info PitViper +reps bro. Not to derails Joe's thread but do you think its easier to clone a flowering plant vs vegging plant or does it matter? The only reason I ask because I've never had a chance to clone a vegging plant but I had real good results with flowering clones. I got clones at 2 different times 3 weeks into flowering and 5 weeks into flowering and only lost about 3 out of 14. I dont think I would have had that kind of sucess without everybodys help here.

I never really put any thought about the issue of cloning a flowering plant vs. a veg. plant. My first grow plant has continued to bud and I wanted to take clones from her. No doubt about one thing Ray is that there seems to be many methods to cloning and I need to find a technique and cloning gel/powder that works best for me and my budget.

No problem about derailing this thread! I enjoy the conversations here and hopefully we are all learning to become better growers in this process! I really appreciate all the really great input here so far and hopefully everybody is enjoying this thread! It was really an awesome set of posts PitViper has put together here!!!

IMO Flowering clones are the same difficulty as "normal" clones. They just take twice as long. I only suggested flowering clones because thats what you have to work with.

Back
Top Bottom