Lil Neutrino's 2nd Indoor CFL - Bagseed Planted New Year's Eve During the Blue Moon

Re: Lil Neutrino's 2nd Indoor CFL - Bagseed planted New Year's Eve during the blue mo

:goodjob: nice harvest!!! that would keep me smoking for a long time. I am a small time smoker compared you guys. I smoke a small bowl a day and 18th lasts me two weeks. Any way I have enjoyed your grow and look forwards to your next!

Re: Lil Neutrino's 2nd Indoor CFL - Bagseed planted New Year's Eve during the blue mo

Very nice indeed. :welldone::yummy::rollit:

looking real good,, can't wait to see that water cured bud after it's quick dry..

:bravo::welldone::goodjob:

An odd coincidence, I am listening to "Crosstown Traffic" as I was reading your post and came to the picture of 420 in buds and the movie Traffic....:bong:.

That looks like some tasty bud brother and I am glad you can make 1/4 last for two people for a week...when I first started it as a medicine I was at 1/4 a week...now who knows...I don't count...easier on my poor little brain. :ganjamon: I smoke when I need to usually, only "regular" times is right before my wife goes to bed, so she can have a puff.

And now a more fitting song for me..."Psychobabble"...:Rasta:

I am glad you finally got to harvest Lil. Enjoy the fruits of your labor my friend.

:peace: from my little garden (whole lot less stinky with PE gone BTW, she was the stink beast I guess)

:woohoo::woohoo: That was a damn good haul off the Cola Tree:ganjamon:
Good for you Buddy. Congrats:thumb:
I know you hoped for more, but its still pretty good in my book.:goodjob:

:goodjob: nice harvest!!! that would keep me smoking for a long time. I am a small time smoker compared you guys. I smoke a small bowl a day and 18th lasts me two weeks. Any way I have enjoyed your grow and look forwards to your next!

Wow and I thought I was a light smoker lol...glad you enjoyed the grow, already itching to start another one but I'm stuck for at least 30 days until these seeds are ready to plant. That and I gotta figure out something to keep my temps down...

Very nice indeed. :welldone::yummy::rollit:

looking real good,, can't wait to see that water cured bud after it's quick dry..

Hopefully have those pics late tonight...thanks.

An odd coincidence, I am listening to "Crosstown Traffic" as I was reading your post and came to the picture of 420 in buds and the movie Traffic....:bong:.

lol...what are the odds?

That looks like some tasty bud brother and I am glad you can make 1/4 last for two people for a week...when I first started it as a medicine I was at 1/4 a week...now who knows...I don't count...easier on my poor little brain. :ganjamon: I smoke when I need to usually, only "regular" times is right before my wife goes to bed, so she can have a puff.

And now a more fitting song for me..."Psychobabble"...:Rasta:

I am glad you finally got to harvest Lil. Enjoy the fruits of your labor my friend.

:peace: from my little garden (whole lot less stinky with PE gone BTW, she was the stink beast I guess)

With her main source of migraines now gone (job stress) it's been going a lot further. I smoke mainly to calm my anxiety...which in turn calms my stomach and reduces muscle tightness and so on. "Psychobabble"...sounds fitting :peace:

:woohoo::woohoo: That was a damn good haul off the Cola Tree:ganjamon:
Good for you Buddy. Congrats:thumb:
I know you hoped for more, but its still pretty good in my book.:goodjob:

Always the inspiration! Thanks OMM! All of you have me wanting to get another grow going already but it'll have to wait a bit...:thanks: It's almost like Christmas around here, I had forgotten what it was like to find weed or a glass pipe/bubbler/or bong every time I opened a drawer or a cabinet lol. I should be much more excited about this but to say I'm a bit stressed about my financial/job situation is an understatement and is quite frankly getting quite depressing. Two interviews last week, no calls yet...one was supposed to be Monday afternoon and the other some time after Tuesday (still holding out hope on this one, it pays more anyway lol) but I need money to pay the rent NOW :( Have to see what else I can sell around the place...

Anywho...I'll be back later tonight with water cure pics :bong:

Great grow! And I too am super excited on the water cure!

+Reps!

:nicethread::bravo::bong::peace:

I hear you Lil N:smokin::smokin:

I should be much more excited about this but to say I'm a bit stressed about my financial/job situation is an understatement and is quite frankly getting quite depressing. Two interviews last week, no calls yet...one was supposed to be Monday afternoon and the other some time after Tuesday (still holding out hope on this one, it pays more anyway lol) but I need money to pay the rent NOW :( Have to see what else I can sell around the place...

Half of America is in the same position my friend. That doesn't help you at all to say that. I want even go into all the disappointments that big business and our government has done to us all. I 'm living from check to check too.

I do hope you get something and right now because there is only so much you can sell. Doesn't help you much, but my heart is with you. :peace:

1.6oz... i had much higher aspirations for your plant Lil N!!! this will mess with my numbers for next grow (already started, keeping it under raps for security concerns, but i can tell you it is already 10x as big as my last haha)

Enjoy that smoke Lil N, i loved selling mine and having people critique so i know what they are looking for.

Thank you for the well wishes OMM, I applied for another job literally a minute down the road from where I live this morning. It would be great location-wise as it's almost kitty-corner to where I live, I could walk to work in 10-15 minutes every day. 2nd shift (afternoon to late evening, M-F), not my preferred hours but at this point I just need money...I'll never see my gf really but money is more important right now.

lol, I did too LighTer...I did too...it sure looked like a lot more! haha, we'll see once it finished drying. It's getting close since the RH is so low here it doesn't take long before they dry enough to toss in a jar. I have ideas of where I went wrong so next time should be even better...don't let this affect your numbers, I had some nutrient-related issues that I think reduced my yield quite a bit...and my lighting wasn't quite what I had hoped once those colas all decided to grow to very different heights. If I could have got more lights in to the middle of the plant early on (and didn't lose all of my fan leaves so early) I'm sure I could have made 2oz...just goes to show that even with a lot of abuse these plants can still produce some decent yields :) Always fun to have other people critique your weed...especially if they don't know it's yours!

WATER CURE

Just came out of the water, sopping wet...look the same to me as they did going in

5-25-10_031_rsz.jpg

Dried to a crisp but not crumbly

5-25-10_036_rsz.jpg

I "quick dried" it using a desk fan and a colander...within 2-3 hours it was already pretty dry on the outer edges but the insides were pretty moist. By 5 hours it was still moist and I had to go to bed so I let it dry overnight with the fan resulting in a very dry product this morning.

So I had 5.4g wet going in...the scale in the pic shows 10.8g but the tray itself weighs 9.4-9.5g depending on air pressure or whatever makes it lean towards one or the other. So total dry weight (and I do mean dry but it's holding together very nicely...feels "thick" and strong, can squeeze it and it doesn't break apart) is ~1.3-1.4g giving a total loss of weight of 4.0g meaning 24% weight retention.

The smell of the bud itself is pleasant, it reminds me of a sweet cooking spice...something like cardamom, thyme, or even a nice green tea mix. Sopping wet it still looked like when I put it in but after drying it has taken on a much more cured look. If someone were to hand this to me as a sack to purchase I probably wouldn't really notice any difference as I've seen all kinds of colors before (brown, gold, red, purple, blue, green, etc) and it's definitely not schwag. The smell is the only thing that would throw off bag appeal imho. Trichomes are still visible to the eye, hairs are nice and red, but it does have a relatively drab/dark look overall which I believe siscokid mentioned about his too.

So how does it taste/smoke? Pretty much like everything you've ever read or will read. Initially it had an almost harsh taste but that almost immediately gave way to a semi-sweet/floral flavor that I tried to pinpoint as I slowly exhaled. About 1/4 through the exhale I realized two things...1) this is some extremely smooth smoke (even a decent sized rip and holding it I have no urge to cough) and 2) there is no flavor. I don't know how the smoke smells, gf came home from work early with a migraine and is taking a nap so I can't ask her. Smelling the bowl yields some clues even if it wasn't cleaned prior and still has residue from previous bowls. The burned plant material smells nothing like burned pot...NOTHING! It really just reminds me of the scent of wood smoke or something similar. Smoke color looks the same to me. One small hit and one large hit later I'm feeling quite lifted compared to smoking the same amount of bud I've been smoking that has been air curing (I hope that made sense, I feel like my mind is really wandering easily...really easily lol). Very cerebral high...feeling almost giddy...

Initial results indicate that I think I can attest to the fact that this method produces some well-cured bud in a short amount of time at the expense of taste mostly as my bud still has a nice smell to it. In line with the air cured stuff I have around but it's still early on and has that funky "farm" smell to it lol so hard to really compare right now. I am seriously thinking about taking one of my larger colas and a smaller nug or two and doing this again as a special stash. I'd let other people try it just so they can have some first-hand experience but it's not something I'd bring to a party and expect anyone to get excited over (until they smoked it). Not for weed "snobs" but even for such people it is well-worth trying even with a single nug...think of it in terms of beer types...IPA's, stouts, lagers, pilsners, and so on...some people like the unique flavor of IPA's, some hate it...just as some people are sure to like water cured bud and some are sure to hate it.

OK, enough rambling...I'm high...that's the bottom line...and it only took one good sized hit all in all. *quickly shakes head* Whew...man...baked...but it's all in my head, body feels light as a feather if not somewhat disconnected. Can't wait to put this in the bong...once I have nothing else to do for the rest of the day lol. :allgood:

Pass it to the left my friends :peace:...and if you've forgotten which way left is just ask :passitleft:

Btw...I made a small bit of butter last night with some popcorn buds and trimming. About 10g worth of fresh material and 1 stick of butter (4oz), simmered for 35-40 minutes, strained with a spoon and my hand...just waiting for it to seperate and solidify. :peace:

You have inspired me my friend. I think I shall give this a try my self upon completion of my grow. Not all my product will go this way, but a small sample shall be water cured. Enough to provide me with smoke until the remaining harvest can be fully air cured. You sir are both a gentleman and scholar, I salute you.. then steal your weed and run away laughing.. MUAHAHAHAHA

Typical...sweet talk and then stab me in the back lol (I even said I'd share! ;))

Definitely do it even just a small bit, it's almost idiot-proof and compared to everything else about growing it takes no time at all...one of the quickest and easiest experiences I've gained regarding growing and harvesting weed. Hardest part was trying to figure out how to quick dry it without a heat source.

I'm just fooling, I'd never steal. :ganjamon:

But yeah the quick aspect of it is what appeals to me. Being able to turn out smokable product with in a week of harvest while the rest cures longer traditionally is really neat. I have never tried it my self as this is only the 4th time I have ever grown and 1st time on my own. No one ever wanted to try it in the past.

Lil N... AWESOME!!!! :bravo::thumb::ganjamon::yahoo:

I love the water cure report, pics, and like Chrome said,,, so quick to get cured buds...

the pic of the dried bud does not look bad at all.. maybe a little dark like you said, but not as bad as I was picturing in my mind when I first read about it. You have enlightened me, and I will definately water cure a few buds off of my girl come harvest time (about 4 weeks from now) :thanks:

Now it will be interesting to see one of your air cured buds, after curing, to compare to the pic of the dried water-cured bud...

but,, the fact that you still retained 25% weight,, which is what you could expect from air-curing,, right?
the fact that the weight retention is the same, and the smoke is better... sounds like a winner to me...... :yummy::goodjob:

:bravo:

You did it bro! Even though numbers were off, but when it comes down to it numbers are just numbers.. you live life one day at a time and soon you'll be closer to being content.

I don't even remember or care how much I got off each plant. Just happy that I have my stash under earth and has been for at least a month or two.. been smoking and eating from my "lower grade" pile.

You give a great feel to your journal that keeps my imagination in HD. Your girl is lucky to have a cool dude like yourself, and visa versa..

I'll send ya' a big Yahoo.. as I puff on smoke in 3,2,1 :yahoo:

Whew you say at that review of the smoke in one breath? JK glad ya got ya a taste going from the forbidding tree. I wood think that if ya did see alot of green in the water ya was doing then you are taking out some of the unless weight such as chloroform, THC don't breakdown in water..... Well man I hope you get plenty of bong hits of this trip. AND may the next one, you know you have planed, turns out better. Keep it green

Don't have time to respond...but real quick my dry weight of what I harvested is in (left it out a bit too long in this dry air but I can fix that, it's not too far gone). I weighed some of the larger stems I had cut off and were drying in another bag and figured 1g per stem to help compensate for all the stem left on the buds. Even with that factoring in I still came up with 52g dry, give or take a few grams. That's a 30% weight retention factor AND almost the two ounces I was hoping for :)

Just mixed some of my air curing bud with the water cured...it's a good compromise, smoke a bit less, get just as good of a buzz, and the air cure bud adds flavor. Yum!

Just Great Lil Neutrino:cheer:
Almost your 2 oz goal.:)

First things first.....Hope you get the job!:grinjoint:

Let me say Thanks for being gutty enough to try the water cure. Now you have me wanting to try it:) Sounds like you did a good job of it. The smoke and stone report were very well done and enjoyable too. :cheer:

Over all, a damn good grow. Be proud Buddy! :bravo:

Quick note...I smoked some more of the water cure last night and I swear it's actually got a little flavor to it, in a good way. It was pretty late and I had the munchies really bad (one meal a day lately though) so maybe it was just my mind playing tricks? :popcorn: Have to test again and report back lol

I'm just fooling, I'd never steal. :ganjamon:

But yeah the quick aspect of it is what appeals to me. Being able to turn out smokable product with in a week of harvest while the rest cures longer traditionally is really neat. I have never tried it my self as this is only the 4th time I have ever grown and 1st time on my own. No one ever wanted to try it in the past.

I know, I was just messin' with ya back :) I'm gonna post my water cure as a seperate thread in the "Harvesting/curing" subforum so more people can read it and make it easier to find. It packs quite a wallop and is smooth to boot...I just can't figure out the flavor thing!

Lil N... AWESOME!!!! :bravo::thumb::ganjamon::yahoo:

I love the water cure report, pics, and like Chrome said,,, so quick to get cured buds...

the pic of the dried bud does not look bad at all.. maybe a little dark like you said, but not as bad as I was picturing in my mind when I first read about it. You have enlightened me, and I will definately water cure a few buds off of my girl come harvest time (about 4 weeks from now) :thanks:

Now it will be interesting to see one of your air cured buds, after curing, to compare to the pic of the dried water-cured bud...

but,, the fact that you still retained 25% weight,, which is what you could expect from air-curing,, right?
the fact that the weight retention is the same, and the smoke is better... sounds like a winner to me...... :yummy::goodjob:

Thanks Herb Zen! You won't be disappointed in the water cure so long as you know what to expect. I've let a few other people try it and they did comment on the lack of flavor but agreed that it was pretty strong when it came to effect. One of them also used to grow and he was very impressed with the smoothness of the smoke after only a week. The other person is just a casual smoker and he was done after two hits but was intrigued by the possibility of making his schwag smoke smoother.

Looking forward to your report!

:bravo:

You did it bro! Even though numbers were off, but when it comes down to it numbers are just numbers.. you live life one day at a time and soon you'll be closer to being content.

I don't even remember or care how much I got off each plant. Just happy that I have my stash under earth and has been for at least a month or two.. been smoking and eating from my "lower grade" pile.

You give a great feel to your journal that keeps my imagination in HD. Your girl is lucky to have a cool dude like yourself, and visa versa..

I'll send ya' a big Yahoo.. as I puff on smoke in 3,2,1 :yahoo:

Always appreciated sisco! The HD programming is free of charge unlike the cable and satellite companies! Numbers are just numbers but I have an engineering background so numbers mean a LOT to me :bong: I'm always keeping track of things and trying to make them more efficient...in a way I kind of hate that I'm like that though, it's really hard for me to just relax and enjoy things (even jokes if they're not accurate) sometimes.

Whew you say at that review of the smoke in one breath? JK glad ya got ya a taste going from the forbidding tree. I wood think that if ya did see alot of green in the water ya was doing then you are taking out some of the unless weight such as chloroform, THC don't breakdown in water..... Well man I hope you get plenty of bong hits of this trip. AND may the next one, you know you have planed, turns out better. Keep it green

That's the strange thing, my water barely even turned the lightest shade of green and never really stank much. I'm just going to attribute that to the fact that she was so yellow and low on nutes at the end that there just wasn't much to leach out. All she got the last couple of weeks was water and EJ Catalyst which is pretty much just molasses (there's other stuff)...I was expecting the chlorophyll to break down more but if there wasn't a lot of chlorophyll left because of the nute deficiency issue there's nothing to break down.

Thanks for the comment and well wishes! I'm waiting to see your "shade trees" busting through the roof of that greenhouse lol :popcorn:

Just Great Lil Neutrino:cheer:
Almost your 2 oz goal.:)

First things first.....Hope you get the job!:grinjoint:

Let me say Thanks for being gutty enough to try the water cure. Now you have me wanting to try it:) Sounds like you did a good job of it. The smoke and stone report were very well done and enjoyable too. :cheer:

Over all, a damn good grow. Be proud Buddy! :bravo:

Hoping so too, I got a phone call from the HR manager Friday morning wanting to ask me a bit about my background. The fact they called me the next day as opposed to the 7-10 days the receptionist told me it might be helped boost my optimism. I was told that the position I applied for was being filled that day (internal, which is a good thing, I like companies that promote from within) BUT that I might be a good fit for another, more critical, position that wasn't even listed on the website. So the phone call went well and I have an interview scheduled for Tuesday morning...any and all positive vibes anyone can spare at that time would be MUCHO appreciated! If that interview goes well then I get one more interview the next week and hopefully after that a job offer!

Anyway, gotta go...company showed up. Thanks again everyone!

Back
Top Bottom