Lil Neutrino's 2nd Indoor CFL - Bagseed Planted New Year's Eve During the Blue Moon

Re: Lil Neutrino's 2nd Indoor CFL - Bagseed planted New Year's Eve during the blue mo

5-19-10_023_rsz.jpg

...I lied...

Re: Lil Neutrino's 2nd Indoor CFL - Bagseed planted New Year's Eve during the blue mo

Liar! :grinjoint:

Lil N, you are right I couldn't tell you cut some off of her. Sounds good, hope you don't get any more seeds, since you would prefer more buds. :bravo:

The bluer spectrum bulbs seemed to give a much more accurate depiction of trichome coloration. Something to keep in mind...

thanks, that is good to know.. but if not using led's,,, I assume that looking under a 6500k cfl, or mh would be better than a 2700k cfl or hps?

Not to mention it increases the life of your lighter
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

that was a good laugh to start the day.. thanks.

looks good lil N!!! i am also waiting to see about this water cure thing!!

listening to that song as I check out your colas, I had a brownie for lunch and is really mellow and k33ps me going. I just planted 4 rows of sugar snap peas and 1 of watermelon next to my peppers and tomatoes.

See, I get off subject so easily.. I have a sub so I feel the groove.

Congrats and of course ENJOY your rewards.

I used fresh herb to make butter and oil, I think you should at least dry the herb first if you want to use it in a muffin or in pancake mix. You need at least a quarter oz of bud and shake to bake a 6 muffin pack.

They looking good Lil One. I hear that water removes alot of the no high ables for weed. I had a friend that use to take his 'Mex' soak a lb and come back with 12-13 Oz's of 'better' smoke. THC is fat soluble not water, sooooooo I can't call it, but your plant was looking clear another week? Two? Max. Looks great enjoy your smoke.

First...thank you all for the comments and positive comments!

thanks, that is good to know.. but if not using led's,,, I assume that looking under a 6500k cfl, or mh would be better than a 2700k cfl or hps?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

that was a good laugh to start the day.. thanks.

Glad you got a laugh out of it...great medicine! And yes, a 6500K CFL or MH would be better for examining trichs judging by what I saw in my photos. The 2700K only lighting made almost ALL of the trichs look amber...

I used fresh herb to make butter and oil, I think you should at least dry the herb first if you want to use it in a muffin or in pancake mix. You need at least a quarter oz of bud and shake to bake a 6 muffin pack.

Thanks buddy! I'm collecting a waste/trim bag as I harvest...

They looking good Lil One. I hear that water removes alot of the no high ables for weed. I had a friend that use to take his 'Mex' soak a lb and come back with 12-13 Oz's of 'better' smoke. THC is fat soluble not water, sooooooo I can't call it, but your plant was looking clear another week? Two? Max. Looks great enjoy your smoke.

Hiya norcali! I'm hoping to make the final harvest this weekend or early next week (week 11) if the trichs cooperate...I'm anxious to get this grow overwith to tell the truth lol. I'm doing the water cure mainly for curiosity's sake and the fact that I'm broke and "need" some weed to smoke. I am very intrigued by the fact that it changes the smell of the smoke to something that can't be recognized as pot smoke. I'd like to have a little bit of such a stash around for when I want to catch a buzz in places where there are other people around like concerts and hiking. Thanks for stopping by!

Harvested some more last night...partially due to seed paranoia (kind of late I guess lol) and partially because I wanted to let the plant focus on the larger colas for its final days. So I wound up harvesting all of the smaller colas that were in the middle of the plant as well as most of the smaller ones growing off the ends of the larger branches that hold the larger colas.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate using a flash? Shots never seem to focus well when I do but at least the color looks extremely accurate! Btw, those are the same seeds from the last photos with a few more added in...not all new seeds!

5-20-10_005_rsz.jpg

Here's where it gets "interesting"...at least in my book...total wet weight after trimming was 26.5g including all of the popcorn buds that you see in the pile on the left. Figuring dry weight as approximately 25% of wet that means that I should wind up with a whole 1/4oz dry (ok, ~6g lol). Looking back at that pic and using the dollar bill for size reference...is it just me or does that look like a pretty fat 1/4? I know weight is weight is weight and the buds will shrink a bit but if I was ever handed a 1/4oz with that much bud in it I'd have to double-check the weight to be sure someone wasn't screwing themselves. Or am I the only one? lol Seriously though, I'd like opinions.

The only rational explanation that I can come up with from my viewpoint is that it's been a few days since I last watered which was days and days and days ago, maybe even closer to a week! :O I saw where I was planning to water on the 18th but I know I didn't that day because I was still debating harvesting some and didn't want her to be full of water. Anyway, getting back to my rational explanation (shhh...I've been "bong" since I began this paragraph. Two medium sized hits and I'm BAKED) lol...I think that because she had been so long without a drink that she was already quite dry and I may not have as much "shrinkage" with these particular buds. I will definitely report back on the dried weight although it won't be perfectly accurate as I'm using those popcorn buds to get me by. However I think their combined weight was around 3-3.5g when I was weighing it all out last night so I can pretty much factor that in.

Last night she did finally get her water though...usual amount of distilled water, EJ Catalyst, and pH Up although this time she got some concentrated lemon juice as I raised the pH a tad too much (10.3 lol). Got it balanced back down to 6.8 iirc before giving it to her...good thing too as it ran pretty hot in the cab by this morning, 89F an hour before lights off and that wasn't even at the top of the colas (a few inches down). Ah well, whatever...what's she gonna do this close to harvest?

Even freshly harvested this stuff packs a punch and not just because they're harsh (bong helps immensely)...definitely creeper but when it hits it makes you stupid lol. Gives me a serious case of red eyes too. With a proper cure these buds will be as good or better than the last plant's :roorrip:

WATER CURE

Quick update. The water had barely changed color at the end of the first 24 hours, so little that I was almost tempted to be lazy and keep it for another 24. I poured it out and added more tap water (pH 7.0 iirc), almost 24 hours later again and still very little change in the water color or smell. I'm pretty confident with using the tap water as our water where I live is supposed to be very good, one of the best in the country but I have not verified that particular claim. I do know it tastes good and is never discolored, it doesn't feel harsh when showering (no itching afterwards), and there's minimal signs of mineral deposits if at all. We'll see what the next 24 hours brings.

Hi Lil N:grinjoint:

I think and hope your right. That looks like a 1/4 to me. A fat one too! Maybe she was about dry. :popcorn:

Seems like you should have more color than you have in the water cure, but who knows, it's something you haven't tried before. Maybe it's working as it should be.:bravo:

I recall reading one person's experience with it and I want to say that they had clear water until the 3rd or 4th day and then it started changing. We shall see...I was hoping that more of the cholorophyll would have begun leaching out by now though. Going on 60 hours now...

Hey is that a real Scorpion! Freaking huge!! :whoa:

Senor, you have a quarter fo' sure. By the way your having fun is CONTAGEOUSE!
I want to have fun toooooo.

Sparking up a stinky joint since my wife is sleeping :joint: now some music..

No, you won't see any green or color in the water at all.. just a light film of haze at the top of the water.. It smelled a little like bong water but not strong at all, I didn't see a difference in the bud either untill after the quick dry.

Remember.. "Don't drink the water.. there's blood in the water" I'm listening to my music and it just happened to be the song playing DMB~!

I guess one way I can guess is to see how long it takes to smoke it...given a choice I usually go through a 1/4 a week between myself and my gf. Wet, dry, moist, whatever...1/4 always seems to last 7 days lol.

Sisco, nah, a rubber one...but would be nice if it were real ;) My tarantula is about that size though...

Today is day 77, week 11, of fllower...took some pics tonight and have made the decision to put her in to 24 hours of darkness tonight and harvest tomorrow. She got about 1.5 hours of light this evening, no biggie. I'll be happy to chop her down especially now that I have some seeds! Trichs are definitely cloudy and have begun to go amber...25% amber I'd say, depending on which particular bud.

Been smoking on that stuff I harvested in my previous post...took two days of drying on a screen before moving them to a glass jar. It's dry enough it will burn without having to hold the lighter to it and is starting to develop a flowery taste but it still smells a bit like hay/fresh cut plant material. Potent...a couple hits off my pipe and my mind is floating, nice buzz throughout my arms and head. Others who have tried it have also enjoyed the mental high, very social buzz...and noticed it's potency.

So yeah...roughly 24 hours and I'll be posting harvest pics! :roorrip:

I guess one way I can guess is to see how long it takes to smoke it...given a choice I usually go through a 1/4 a week between myself and my gf. Wet, dry, moist, whatever...1/4 always seems to last 7 days lol.

I wish I could make a 1/4 last a week.. :bong: I'm lucky if I can make a 1/2 last a week.. :ganjamon:

So yeah...roughly 24 hours and I'll be posting harvest pics!

can't wait... :popcorn::popcorn::yahoo::yahoo::yummy::rollit:

Hey Lil, 'bout time I came over to say hello! At the right time also. It's like the relative that you've never seen since you were a kid and all of a sudden he shows up after you won the lottery! LOL.

I've never seen a water cure in action, I'll be watching yours! Nice plant and from what I gather you just took 'part' of that beautiful plant from the pic on the other page, correct? Looks like a 1/4 to me and if it was 'very' dry before you chopped those buds, it should make a difference in the wet/dry weight, but not much. I've grown stuff that pretty much dried on the vine so to speak and it still shrunk some after I chopped her, but not as much as normal.

Great job Lil sorry I've missed so much! In this trade we're in it's possible to get slightly behind....:Rasta:

I wish I could make a 1/4 last a week.. :bong: I'm lucky if I can make a 1/2 last a week.. :ganjamon:

That's 1/4 between two people too...:surf:

Hey Lil, 'bout time I came over to say hello! At the right time also. It's like the relative that you've never seen since you were a kid and all of a sudden he shows up after you won the lottery! LOL.

lol, at least you're not the drunk uncle that nobody wants around! :yahoo:

I've never seen a water cure in action, I'll be watching yours!

I was hoping to do more of a photo report on it but really there hasn't been ANYTHING really worth taking a picture of. Here's a pic I took last night before changing the water one last time (today it gets quick dried)...the water looks blue because my tv was behind it but it also helps show that there is minimal if any real discoloration.

5-25-10_028_rsz.jpg

Nice plant and from what I gather you just took 'part' of that beautiful plant from the pic on the other page, correct?

Yes, I've been harvesting more and more as the harvest date approached...I've done three harvests so far actually, the first was mostly a bunch of lower popcorn bud as a taste test and to help get me by as I have no money to buy any weed. The second which is where I got the bud to water cure as well as the "1/4" that I posted pics of. And finally yesterday's harvest which was the final chop. My idea of having two equal harvests to try and catch two kinds of buzzes didn't really work out as I've almost smoked that other 1/4 lol...that and it wasn't nearly as much as I wanted but I decided to hold off for a few days and just let her fatten up while waiting for some amber trichs to show.

Great job Lil sorry I've missed so much! In this trade we're in it's possible to get slightly behind....:Rasta:

I forgive :ganjamon:

HARVEST REPORT

Pretrim weight: 176.2g

Post-trim weight: 136.2g

Total wet weight including previous mini-harvests: 136.2g + 26.5g + 15g +~3g (unweighed small test buds) = 180.7g => 181g

Calculated dry weight @ 25% weight retention: 45.25g ==> 1.6oz

Not included is the weight for the trimmings and teeny-tiny buds that will maybe go in to a batch of brownies or probably a better idea is to make some hash (last longer than eating). Probably about 15-20g of wet trimmings...

Not quite the even 2oz minimum I was hoping for and she does have seeds but that's not all bad in my book right now since I'm out of seeds and these may be feminized. I can not help but wonder how much yield I lost due to my pH/nute problem at the end of veg and throughout flower that caused all of my fan leaves to fall off over a month before harvest. :( I am somewhat disappointed of course but hey, the timing couldn't have been better as this should supply us for 6-7 weeks...more if we stretch it or get a small bit of hash. I'm gonna look at the gumby method as I don't have any bags and no money to get any...any other methods I should consider if I don't have the strainer bags?

Post-chop...since I've easily got 15-20 seeds from her and probably a few more I haven't found yet I'm not really feeling the need to attempt to reveg plus I have other plans for the cabinet for the next few months (legal plants actually).

5-25-10_012_rsz.jpg

She's protective of her weed...:yahoo:

5-25-10_007_rsz.jpg

:yummy::rollit::thanks:

5-25-10_030_rsz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom