Living Organic Coco - LOC

How to make a vortex brewer... This is going to be hard since I didn't take any pics but I'll try to make it happen.-

So first I'd like to credit microbman. He put out a lot of great information on AACT teas and vortex brewers. There are a lot of different teas but I keep mine simple with just earth worm castings and unsolphered black strap molasses, just added humic acid too it.-

Microbe Organics

So first you need a giant air pump! I have the eco 1 commercial. This is the smallest pump you can use for this style brewer. I started with 1 1/2" pvc but later found out that the largest size this pump will push through is 1" max! So I had to redo it with 3/4" pvc. Also keep in mind that you'll want the drain to extend at least 1' (one foot) down before it makes any turns in order to get a better vortex. My vortex is good but I'll have to mount it higher for a longer drain and better in vortex.-

After you get your choice of commercial air pump you'll need a container. A bucket works but easier is a 5 gal water jug without handles. Then you can just use a rubber coupling but I Didn't want something so big.-

It would look something like this.-
-
user2312_pic892898_1338523580.jpg
-

This is pretty much what mine looks like except the connection to the bucket-
-
VortexBuildLabeled_grande.png
-

So after you pick your container bucket or jug you can put together the bottom. I used a 3/4 ball valve as a drain, a 3/4. T that goes to bucket and then to another T that extends past the buckets. I put 3/4" pvc tube in that T so it goes up to the opening of the bucket. On the back side of the last T I put in a threaded slip and put a nipple for the air tube. Has to be as low as possible to push water up. -

For the bucket drain I drill a hole with a hole saw and bought electrical pvc. It's the same thing but threaded different and will lock down tight!-

-
MaleFemaleAdapters.png
3730629.JPG
-

Here is what the part looks like also need a make your own gasket kit. Cut the gasket so it goes over the thread. You'll have to cut down the part that goes inside the bucket for a more flush drain. Put the gasket on the outside. Twist tight and put everything else together.-

Is this detailed enough for you. Let me know if you have Any questions.-

Sweet looking brewer BF

Hey thanks pw but the one above is not mine. All pics are from the internet. I do have to upgrade my brewer though. I need to sit it on a longer base so I can get at least a foot drop in the drain.

How does it work? You put organic stuff in water and pump air into it so microbes can multiply?

Microb man explains it best.
Microbe Organics

"Very simply stated Compost Tea is a water-based environment wherein beneficial microorganisms are extracted from compost or vermicompost (worm compost) and multiplied by the millions and billions. Some form of agitation breaks the microbes free from the compost and they multiply because food, like black strap molasses, fish hydrolysate, kelp meal, etc. has been added to the water, which at least one type of microbe digests..."

"The end result is a functional feeding cycle or microbial nutrient cycle. I refer to this as a functional microbial consortia. This develops over a period of 12 to 72 hours or more and is then applied to the soil and plants. In the soil there are a number of organisms which function in basically the same nutrient cycle and zone. Once again, simply stated, there are substances released from the roots of plants which feed bacteria (& archaea), again the bacteria/archaea become prey to the protozoa and the protozoa excrete substances which are available to the roots as nutrients (e.g. nitrogen) thus creating a feeding cycle."

"If one is using quality compost or vermicompost (hereinafter referred to as [vermi]compost), an efficient ACT maker with sufficient aeration and the correct amount of foodstock, like black strap molasses, it is all about timing and to an extent temperature.

One must, of course use water which is free of chlorine/chloramines. This is easily done by putting a bit of molasses, ascorbic acid or a bit of [vermi]compost in ahead of time, which neutralizes these oxidizers.

The first microbes to begin dividing and growing in ACT are bacteria/archaea and fungi (if present in the [vermi]compost). The fungi grows out rapidly as fungal hyphae..."

When I take my brewer apart I will take lots of pics. It will be the final product so I'd rather post that anyways

I thought about adding an airpump to a bucket in which i place some compost and worm castings in an old sock (teabag) plus molasses

Water, microbes + sugars, oxygen... Hope this works out

I thought about adding an airpump to a bucket in which i place some compost and worm castings in an old sock (teabag) plus molasses

Water, microbes + sugars, oxygen... Hope this works out

There are many different ways of making AACT. I highly recommend you look at the links to microb mans info. Just make sure you use a big air pump. It should look like a rolling boil. The more air the more microbes. From what I've read most people don't use enough air for the 5 gallon they brew in but a little AACT goes a long way! So I am using a 2 gal bucket with a eco commercial 1. I hear there are better quieter pumps for about the same price but this works great so far.

I have nothing so far. I only would need 5L at a time because i decrease plant count. Only mono or stereo grows in the future. 2 bigger plants is a good number for my needs. Less work and less worries when the door gets kicked in

Its a big post but informative:

Hi Pennywise,

Awesome, that sounds great and we'll look forward to hearing about your results! See info about Mammoth P below. Have you had a chance to check out our website Mammothmicrobes.com? There is a lot of great information on there as well. Hope this helps!

All the best,

Maureen

Problem we identified

When fertilizer is added to soils or hydroponic systems less than 50% is utilized by plants. Unutilized fertilizer represents wasted money to the farmer and maximized yield enhancement is not achieved.

Solution
Our natural supplements unlock nutrients that are chemically-bound in soils or hydroponic systems and convert them into soluble forms that plants can easily take up through their roots. Our supplements contain a consortia of live microbes that function as self-replicating bioreactors, and are 30X better at liberating nutrients than the average microbial community. Our beneficial bacteria act like micro bioreactors, continually producing enzymes that release nutrients. Our current product naturally accelerates the nutrient supply to plants to increase plant health, quality and yield.

Mammoth P.: The underlying technology and how it works:

Mammoth P. is the first organically derived microbial inoculant that was specifically designed to unlock P and micronutrients to maximize bud growth. Mammoth P is a liquid formula of beneficial bacterial that can be applied directly to soil, coco or recirculating hydroponic systems. Our beneficial bacteria act like micro bioreactors, continually producing enzymes that release nutrients. Increased levels of P keep internodes shorter and focus energy on bud production. Mammoth P naturally accelerates the nutrient supply to plants to increase plant health, bud / flower size and quality and yield. Many cannabis growers across the US have demonstrated that our product increases plant yield by an average of 16%. In Tomatoes our P technology product has seen similar yield increase and 2 weeks faster to fruit, strawberries have shown yield enhancements in excess of 30%.

MAMMOTH P was developed by Growcentia's founders at Colorado State University using next-generation technology. Extensively tested by Colorado growers and proven to increase growth by independent labs. We are a Colorado company based in Fort Collins. All production is done in-house for quality control. This beneficial bacterial formula runs clean in hydroponic systems and is an excellent way to derive organic benefits (OMRI listed) without sacrificing water quality. MAMMOTH P was engineered to supplement any fertilizer program.

MAMMOTH P was developed by screening billions of soil microorganisms to identify those that most-efficiently release bound soil P, making it available to plants. We then selected for further enhanced microbial efficiency, ultimately resulting in a consortium of soil bacteria that are thirty times more effective at releasing bound soil P.

MAMMOTH P is differentiated from other products in the marketplace in several ways. First, our development platform focuses on nutrient cycling processes to release soil P and micronutrients from bound forms, thus improving nutrient availability to plants. Second, our high throughput platform allows us to select soil microorganisms at the community level in hydroponic environments- which enables these bacteria to work equally well in soil, soilless, and recirculating hydroponic systems. Third, our directed microbial phenotyping platform coupled with cutting-edge high-throughput molecular techniques is highly effective. Many competitor products use a non-directed approach by simply mixing microbes, which results in a microbial concoction of unknown provenance or functionality.

Maureen Phenix | Community Outreach
mo@growcentia.com

Greener plants for a greener world
Mammoth Microbes – Grow Mammoth Buds

Facebook Twitter Linkedin

Its a big post but informative:

Hey pw! Thank you so much for the informative post! Pretty much everything mammoth p is doing I learned about while researching AACT. Microb man says compost tea is a misleading name as there is no boiling or anything. He prefers to call his vortex brewer an airlift bioreactor or vortex bioreactor as it is breeding bacteria and fungi. Very cool! I still call it AACT just for simplicity but you gave me an idea and I went to mammoths website for more info.

"MAMMOTH P is already a very concentrated microbial formulation — and will grow more concentrated than needed if inoculated at the beginning of a compost tea. When using compost teas, we recommend adding MAMMOTH P to the final (end) brew product before watering plants to incorporate the target functionality of MAMMOTH P into your teas!
MAMMOTH P is designed to be mixed with other fertilizers and will work well with other microbial drench solutions. There is no need to apply MAMMOTH P using RO water, etc."

So I will add MP to my aero buckets and for my LOC girls MP will be added to my AACT right before I water it in! Thanks pw!

Back
Top Bottom