Living Organic Coco - LOC

Can't wait everything looks real cool! Awesome hobby to have!!

Hey pino! It is a great hobby! I don't feel the same when I don't have a grow going! I've been procrastinating on the build. Saturday at the latest!

I'm here!! GSC FTW!

Dude, love the DIY rigs.

Kudos! .

HEY VEX!! welcome in! This is such a great strain! One of my favorites! But this thread will be slow going. Just flipped to 12/12 today in my hloc thread so will be about 2 months before these get put in the tent. Hope you enjoy the show!

IMAG26692.jpg
IMAG26701.jpg
IMAG26712.jpg
IMAG26721.jpg
IMAG26732.jpg
IMAG26743.jpg
IMAG26752.jpg
IMAG26762.jpg

Here they are today. Getting big and quick! Normally this strain has been much slower. Will probably add more coco and lst soon.

Keep going to home depot for my vortex brewer mark 2 but can't find anything there. I ordered a uniseal off Amazon and will continue to look for a good bucket and stand.

Not sure exactly, it depends mostly on funds and a bit more research. I'd like to get two tents running with one 315 in each but I'm not sure that will be doable. So the plan as of now is to add a 315 and use either one led panel and the red ufo or just the red ufo in the tent. Those alone add about 200 watts plus the 315. I'd put a led panel in the closet for these guys and if I didn't need the extra led panel I'd put that one in my Dewey box. Ideally I'd like to add cob lights for side lighting.

It's really hard for me to control temp where I am growing and am really nervous to put it in even if it's only 315 watts. it's not air cooled and I'm not sure if it will be as easy as the leds when it comes to temp. Ive never ran a bare bulb before just a 1k air cooled hps. I had so many problems that I'm scared to put another in even if it's 315 watts. ive seen people having cooling problems with 600 air cooled fixtures. I'm using 800 watts now and it's really working for me. Temps don't go over 85℉. Part of me is saying save up for a full cob fixture and cmh when I have a grow room but I really like the price point compared to cob led.

Im happy with the ps1000 for now but heat will be a problem in another month or so. At least i have a bit of time to figure out how ill manage heat. The CMH sounds awesome but may be a winter light for all practical purposes.

I would have never imagined a heat issue with that light.. it's only running 500w? I'm running just under 800 now and in summer it doesn't really get over 85℉ in the tent with the central air set to 79℉. I see about a 5℉ difference between tent and room temp. This Is why I'm so scared to buy a new light. I'm not happy with the durability of the dorm grow led though. They say if it gets over 90℉ or if it's too humid it will cause problems in the light and lead to premature failure so I need something before the warranty is up. Something that can stand up to growing. Why market a light as a grow light if it can't handle the conditions?!?

I need more ventilation i think, ill work on it. Sounds like the manufacturer of the dorm light never grew before. Im sure that CMH would hold up well.

Pw do you vent your grow outside? If I vented inside it would definitely get too hot. Maybe I'll be ok as long as the hot air gets vented out but im really nervous to get a light for this reason. If you are venting out a window and still having heat problems I'll for sure have to go cob or something as I can't add a window a/c where I Live. Portable a/c is out of the question. Have to make it work with central air.

It's so frustrating to be told it's my fault pretty much due to the conditions but the conditions it's being used in is what I'd expect a grow light to go through. My temps aren't even out of range. They don't get to 90℉ maybe the humidity goes up but that's just false advertising to me for a company to say it's a grow light that won't stand up to growing conditions. It gets replaced either way at least till my warranty is up.

Push it hard until it fails before the warranty is up. I cant vent outside really and any AC besides the central air is out of the question. Once the landlord switches the ac on i may move the tent into another room next to the AC vent. I really want to find a bigger apartment before the summer starts.

That's a good idea. I am hoping it fails just to get a new light before it's up but the warranty doesn't extend or anything.

Oh man I feel you on the venting. In winter I could get away without the exhaust going out the window but can't do it now. I got some plywood and I cut it to fit the window its maybe 8" wide so I can port my 6".duct to it. The window slides up and down so I use the weight of the window to hold the wood and duct in place. I highly doubt my landlord would be ok with it if she saw and it's pretty noticeable on the street. A tree blocks it mostly from cars not sure about people walk. It hasn't been an issue for years though. If anyone asks though I'll just say it's for a portable a/c. I wouldn't be able to grow without that as central air costs more to use then growing bud. Sometimes if it's cool enough I just put the duct to the window ledge and it works fine.

Can you run exhaust to a different room? Good luck on the apt hunt! I hope you find the perfect growing... I mean sleeping spot...

Lol yep the apt hunt is on, ill end up moving the tent to a different room then run duct from the AC vent to the tent down low and exhaust up high. Should help some, i only need to drop about 5 degrees inside the tent.

BF! Your set up is absolutly handsom i clicked when i read gsc extreme, wasnt sure if u were growing it but its been on my mind eversince i grew the gsc x holy grail. Just cause im gonna pop a few

There are many different ways of making AACT. I highly recommend you look at the links to microb mans info. Just make sure you use a big air pump. It should look like a rolling boil. The more air the more microbes. From what I've read most people don't use enough air for the 5 gallon they brew in but a little AACT goes a long way! So I am using a 2 gal bucket with a eco commercial 1. I hear there are better quieter pumps for about the same price but this works great so far.
Hey sorry to back peddle kind showed up late and ive got my phone notes to chime me in whenever. I dont know if it was you or another i talked about the Red Frog tea brewing airstones. For DWC it works like a charm but ive never brewed my own tea. Deffinitly going watch how u do on these beauties and im going to try something similar.

Back
Top Bottom