LKV 420 Outdoor Grow Journal 2022

I thought the De would help keep the critters down. My girls are getting sticky with buds I didn't know you were supposed to dilute it. Thanks
I mix it in the soil and top dress with it. ( D.E. )
Deadly to bugs.
Like tiny sharp swords.
Potassium Silicate as soon as my girls have roots.
Right to harvest.
Helps with heat and cold resistance as well.
Tons of benefits.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

DE only works on bugs when it's completely dry, so a layer on top of the soil is only effective for a short period of time between waterings. Also, most of the bug stuff happens above the soil on the leaves and stems which aren't dealt with by putting DE on the soil.

It can work for fungus gnats which move above and below the soil's surface, but mosquito bits dissolved in water for 24 hours is much more effective for that.

DE only works on bugs when it's completely dry, so a layer on top of the soil is only effective for a short period of time between waterings. Also, most of the bug stuff happens above the soil on the leaves and stems which aren't dealt with by putting DE on the soil.

It can work for fungus gnats which move above and below the soil's surface, but mosquito bits dissolved in water for 24 hours is much more effective for that.
Thank you Shed!

So I gave some of my seedlings away (had too many) the person i gave some to just sent me this pic and asked what the cause could be. at first i thought perhaps bud rot or worm infestation.. any thoughts? Dont want to give them the wrong advice.

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 2.07.50 PM.png

Looks like bud rot from that one pic. Oddly, the same thing happened to someone I gave a plant to this summer.

I would advise they cut that off along with an in below of clean flower. Have them open the rotten bud and see if there is a caterpillar or caterpillar poop in it. Then toss it, wash their hands, and disinfect the scissors.
Hey Shed :ciao: hope you are having a nice weekend.
Just a thought.
Does that look like foxtails that have been left too long into flower.
Just go brown and rot sometimes.
@LKV How does the rest of her look?
If it is mold or bud rot would you recommend he spray her with H202 real quick incase of spores?
Talk soon.

Stay safe

Just a thought.
If it is mold or bud rot would you recommend he spray her with H202 real quick incase of spores?
Talk soon.

Stay safe
I was thinking that it was flowering outside so it was still early.

Also, I tried H2O2 for bud rot and it didn't do a thing for me. :(

Just a thought.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Yep cut it off and found a hungry little worm in there! I knew it!
The rest look great a few yellow leaves at the bottom of the plant that don't get much sun.

Just a thought.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Yep cut it off and found a hungry little worm in there! I knew it!
The rest look great a few yellow leaves at the bottom of the plant that don't get much sun.

Shed, also I have seen a few instances of tiny bits of white powder on occasion a few of my plants i though it might have been bird droppings but they were very faint , took a wet paper towel and removed them immediately along with the leaf. Is that what spores are and how powdery mildew starts it? Also seen several white moths in my yard just waiting for me to leave so they can visit.😤😤 I was going to spray with BT for the bud rot protection but would that work for any sign of powdery mildew? Was wondering if i should spray something that might take care of both instead?

The PM you can handle with a 1% citric acid spray, but BT would be thing for yours and your friend's caterpillar issue.

Here is the citric acid recipe, and you can scale it up or down based on how much you need:
5g food grade citric acid (available in the baking or canning aisle)
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap*
Mix well and spray, preferably first thing in the morning before the sun will be on the plant. If not, late in the day so it can evaporate before nightfall but not burn in the heat of the day.
Make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide places you can't see.

*just under 1ml soap for 1500ml of water

Wow we are still in August for a few more days. I absolutely love September when my plans start looking really healthy and getting all kinds of trichomes on them, but they’re already pretty loaded! My ladies are looking just fine they are incredibly sticky and flowering all over the place I hope They make it till October for harvest (since these were already about five weeks old when I got them in April) I’m thinking they might be a late September harvest but I’m gonna wait it out to make sure ! what do you think? I also found a little fly sitting on my plant I’ve been seeing lots of flies coming around here and just sitting on my plants I know they are eating because I saw a dead one which means he tried to eat part of it but the BT spray killed him! ! yay dead flies yay! Lol

DD7F659C-9316-415B-BA40-495C9BDF5F1E.jpeg

FBB2CD38-D2CA-4D5A-93D6-EF569D87A2F8.jpeg

777CEAFB-9D42-45EE-8DD5-28E36A75C0C0.jpeg

E55FB2AF-F3D2-4438-8A35-0D019F0C49A3.jpeg

958BBEBB-5776-4E36-84C0-C6D89AEB0457.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom