Lost In The Fog

So this is what it boils down to ;)

This is the result of 12h slow cooking in temps between 80-97C. Time for filtering and I don't have any ultra fine µm mesh so this stainless tea colander with like 500µm meshing will due wont press it too hard through.

I'm guessing that the lower phase in the first jar to the left is acces water from the boiling process. Used a pipette to suck the oil laying on top up in the other jars. Smells a lot less Coconut than I anticipated so I might be giving this oil taste infusions in the future. I was looking forward to that Coconut smell and taste, will try it out later this evening when its solidified.

@KCCO 77

So this is what it boils down to ;)

This is the result of 12h slow cooking in temps between 80-97C. Time for filtering and I don't have any ultra fine µm mesh so this stainless tea colander with like 500µm meshing will due wont press it too hard through.

I'm guessing that the lower phase in the first jar to the left is acces water from the boiling process. Used a pipette to suck the oil laying on top up in the other jars. Smells a lot less Coconut than I anticipated so I might be giving this oil taste infusions in the future. I was looking forward to that Coconut smell and taste, will try it out later this evening when its solidified.

@KCCO 77
Thanks man looks easy enough and will make a nice little addition to my coffees in the morning. Great job on the walk through Crazy. Enjoy thanks again

Tested this snakeoil out now, three hours in and this is amazing! It's the first time I can really say I manage to do a perfect infusion! Was a little skeptic after an hour or so but after 2h it smacked me in the face. Lol :yahoo:

There are no excuses left now in not saving the trim and the tiniest popcorn buds there are in to making this oil! Fantastic product and I wish I let in on it earlier but as I always say, it's never too late!

:hippy:

Situation in VEG is looking much better today. I had GG out on rehab during a day and sprayed her with just RO water and let her out my balcony a grey Sunday in October in Sweden.... -99999 LUX. Want to get HP out of the way soon for GG, but I will top her first and maybe let her get another week before I move her in and HP out.

So this is how bloom looks now after HP got down. Spliff Berry and Cheese are looking great and growing good. Spliff Berry smells her fresh sweet citric smell
:yummy:

Thinned out Cheese some tonight hope she stays manageable like this and don't runaway like Hp did but that one got a lot more veg time. I think I'm close to 4 weeks with veg now on these and that seems perfect for running 8 plants in a 2x4.

Gg is moving in Hp's tray for blooming. Cut away the lower fans due to trips activity again, but now I have the most powerful weapon known to mankind in my arsenal and that's DR.Doolittle - Castile Soap! -Soap is in the air!

I don't know if to laugh or cry over how Orinoco has taken the +2C degrees in heat since I shut down Greta reactor... I don't even dare to move her out of the tent, she is so burnt by the lights... but the buds are still swelling great, and she is smelling wounder full so I'm excited over her getting more mature for each day she is sitting there.
:yummy:

Coco butter and harvest...nice work all 'round Crazy!

Thx Shed! I'm so happy for all good right now. I traded in my Volvo for a Prius as well now, very satisfied with that switch also. The black hole in my wallet has vanished for the moment :rofl:

For next oil batch I bought Coco syrup for flavoring to try to boost the coco flavoring with, also organic and vegan I might add so NO animals have been abused in the squeezing process. Lol.

Though have my nerves taken a downfall since I started with the shots once a week now, can't feel my right hand anymore and the sense in my skin on the arm is gone as well. Very practical when making oils and infusions I might add. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Old familiar frosty is here again, time when natures own rock hard concrete take over lawns and ground. Now everything is in lock down until spring. Crazy is off to get his shots again and this afternoon a hippie wellness course to get in touch with my inner self. Should make them a space cake and bring to that meeting, could turn out all right... ;)

Old familiar frosty is here again, time when natures own rock hard concrete take over lawns and ground. Now everything is in lock down until spring. Crazy is off to get his shots again and this afternoon a hippie wellness course to get in touch with my inner self. Should make them a space cake and bring to that meeting, could turn out all right... ;)
Hey Crazy I hope all is going good. That frost sucks and is not the frost I like to c. We too r going through a serious transition from summer to winter and it’s a fucking emotional roller coaster with my head. I hate winter and working outside all my life has ruined winter for me. My only saving grace is my grows as I’m in there morning and night with my sunglasses and flip flops on soaking in the fake sun lmao. Hopefully things go good for you and more space cakes can only make it better.

Hey Crazy I hope all is going good. That frost sucks and is not the frost I like to c. We too r going through a serious transition from summer to winter and it’s a fucking emotional roller coaster with my head. I hate winter and working outside all my life has ruined winter for me. My only saving grace is my grows as I’m in there morning and night with my sunglasses and flip flops on soaking in the fake sun lmao. Hopefully things go good for you and more space cakes can only make it better.

Lol KCCO. You made me laugh and that feels great, when I was working in the forest I loved cold winter and hated the wet mild winters. Nothing beets going out full strapped with equipment and starting the day with wet cold snow falling down the shirt down the neck. :rofl:

Over all everything is going great, it's just that transitioning time you talked about before our bodies have adapted to the cold some. But I can't hold in on that the time frame for me working outside this time of year is almost over now, take my 30min 39C hot tub baths everyday and it keeps me going for a few hours. Thank god we got this nice hobby of ours to keep us warm in winter time and thx for stopping by KCCO!

Any oil cooking yet? :)
:passitleft:

One thing led to another... Had planed to take the girls out tonight, being Saturday and all. But when I got Orinoco out of the tent I thought to my self, I'm not getting her in again without damaging her beyond her best. So I took a decision to take her down, had planned to use most of her for oil cooking so I don't care so much for smokeables from her. But I'm more than happy what she gave me. Top colas was very dense and ready for harvest. Lower parts of her could have gone some longer way but I need to do something drastic against the heat situation again. Having the Chilleds blasting away with 300W they generate the most of the heat in there so I'm thinking of building a encasement for the lights. I done this before with other projects so I know its an effective way to get rid of radiation heat. Will loose some light but I don't care, will choose a thin glass and build the encasement in MDF board.

Back to business...

Not much going to waste here any more since I discovered oil cooking.

Will let it dry in the drybox 3 days and then weigh it up. RH in drybox ~30% and 27C.

Why Did you shut down GretA? No more CO2 needed for now, or...?

She is down for some upgrades they way I was pushing the process made it very unstable. The vessel overflowed a few times and hit the plants with citric acid and the sodium. So I need to make this reaction more stable with the higher output of Co2 I want to make. First I need a magnetic stirrer to keep the sodium suspended in the liquid to be able to use the stronger mix of citric acid, the last try with it made the sodium crystallize instead of evaporating to Co2. So it needs some tinkering before I bring it online again, I used up in total 3kg of both Cictric acid and Sodium Bicarbonate within a month so its quite expensive to run. I need to be able to get the most out of this if its to be profitable to run, I want to get a stable output of at least 700-1000ppm. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thx for asking Cosmos, if you have any ideas of modification please tell me! I would like to find more reactive chemicals to put in the process but on the other hand it needs to be safe both for my plants (first) and me (second)... :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom