Lost In The Fog

Goood Moooorning Saturday!

Ordered some fittings, hose and coolant yesterday. Found a coolant that's nearly non electric conductive and UV-green, hope that's going to look cool in the blocks and hoses. I have made up my mind to try these push-in hoses this first time running before I start using regular pipes and fittings.

I'm going up to my parents today and bringing back a small peltier element I got there, for a test run with it. So stay tuned for that!

What beans you going to run first with this super swanky set up?
Are you sure that's the reason?
:laugh:

Haha, yeah I'm NOT going to kill them shed.... I know u are suspicious of that. :)

Hmmmm I thought you Swedes loved patricide, or maybe I've confused it with mullets :volcano-smiley:

I recently found out you once had a french guy as king who had a tattoo that said ''Death to kings'' :D
And now you have prawn salad on hot dogs, I might be high on medibles and vape, but I see a direct line here :rofl:

It's a Danish/Swedish thing :passitleft:

So back from the woods with hi-tech semiconductors. :)

Put together a test peltier cooler. Took amps on the peltier and it runs 12V @ 4,2 A. Gives it a power of roughly 50W.

Use an cpu cooler block to transfer the cold to the water and a simpel aluminum cooler with fan for the heat side of the peltier.

This is the heat reading of the hot side.

Frost starting to form on the cooling block. :)

Cold side temp. It should be lower, but the reader is no high end stuff.

It gives an idea of the cooling power of this kit. If a 50W element can give ice, I can only imagine what 240W of this can do...

Going to hook up everything now and do a test run with water. Maybe mount an 6040 A1 chip on the block just to give it some heat to work with.

Hmmmm I thought you Swedes loved patricide, or maybe I've confused it with mullets :volcano-smiley:

I recently found out you once had a french guy as king who had a tattoo that said ''Death to kings'' :D
And now you have prawn salad on hot dogs, I might be high on medibles and vape, but I see a direct line here :rofl:

It's a Danish/Swedish thing :passitleft:

Haha... Yeah the mullets was a big fashion back in the days. Never had one but you still see people with it... Those people arn't the sharpest tools in the shed. :D

Love the king, he is the only patriot we got left in this country. Politicians suck, they sell out this country.

Prawn sallad on hot dogs is quite ok. Better that than the old goldie surströmming... can't stand that shit.

Have a green one... :passitleft::passitleft:

What beans you going to run first with this super swanky set up?
:laugh:

Think I'm running a few autos to start with. Got a hole bunch left since the last time I ran autos. If I have WW I will definitely run that. Hindu Kush was quite good too. Then I'm going to try some other strain photo and start up the cloner again. Haven't got to finding out what strain to run those with yet. Going to order some more Candida too, incredible pain relief with that one.

Is your harvest starting to dry yet? Happy with the results?

Haha... Yeah the mullets was a big fashion back in the days. Never had one but you still see people with it... Those people arn't the sharpest tools in the shed. :D

Love the king, he is the only patriot we got left in this country. Politicians suck, they sell out this country.

Prawn sallad on hot dogs is quite ok. Better that than the old goldie surströmming... can't stand that shit.

Have a green one... :passitleft::passitleft:

The situation you have is depressing, and you have no idea who many people here actually ''wish'' that we could be more like Sweden... I really feel for you guys, it's crazy over there, but I'm sure Skåne, Halland and Blekinge can come back where they belong :p

I happen to know the origin of surströmming :)
It was some Swedish fishers who didn't have enough salt to properly cure the fish they caught, only about half of what is needed, but they did it anywa, so the fish fermented and they wouldn't eat the stinky fish.
So they sold it off to some gullable Finnish settlers on some remote island, and legged it.
About a year later they came back to the island and the Fins asked if they had more of the ''delicious'' fish they brought last time, so the Swedes tried it themselves and now it's a tradition so many Swedes are forced to eat or at least smell this today, now that's what I call back fire :D

Then I'm going to try some other strain photo and start up the cloner again. Haven't got to finding out what strain to run those with yet

Swing by the free world and pick up some Crystal Cookies clones ;) Or I could try sending one with post nord :rofl:

The situation you have is depressing, and you have no idea who many people here actually ''wish'' that we could be more like Sweden... I really feel for you guys, it's crazy over there, but I'm sure Skåne, Halland and Blekinge can come back where they belong :p

I thought you guys laughed your ass off every day at our expense... Well there you see, it's never like you think it is. Yeah, you can take back those landscapes. I'ts easier to understand you guys than people living in Skåne. :)

Swing by the free world and pick up some Crystal Cookies clones ;) Or I could try sending one with post nord :rofl:

Haha, that would be the day. They would be delivered to my neighbor Agda, 87 years old. It would definitely be awesome to run them. :) But I doubt my setup will be ready before they would arrive, even with PN's standard.... :D

That's a lot of heat transfer Crazy! Nice work re-purposing the CPU block. I always toss them but I can ship them to you from now on...keep you out of the dumpster for a day ;).

Yeah, I got high hopes on this heat transfer... :)

You throw away aluminium?! That's like the most hardest metals to purify. Shame on you shed... Yes send them over please. :D

Can we see a pic of your parents holding up today's paper so we know they were alive when you left?

Haha. They are very much alive and well. They are so lit on their new opticfiber Internet they got installed this week, so they wanted me to see if it was working all ready... it's pretty hard to get it working without a internet provider. :)

That's your job as their son! By the way, if they are young enough to be hyped up about a fiber internet connection, you'll be waiting a long time to move in there.

Yeah I know and I can guarantee u that if something isn't working they do hunt me down... And they are very helpful towards me too so I can happily say that we have a very good relationship. The most people I know have a very hard time with getting along with their parents and siblings.

Ran a little test of the rig last night. With good success, everything seems to be holding. But I wish I had better measuring instruments. But one this is sure, I'm going to need a bigger pump. When hocking up the peltier to it the flow went down significantly. And that's just with one cooling block, so with all three in line it most definitely won't be enough. Hope I get the couplings this week so I can test all in line to see if I need to order a bigger pump. This one I got is suppose to give 700L/h so 1500-2000L/h would most certain be enough for this rig. But time will tell. Going to do some more tests today.

Ran a little test of the rig last night. With good success, everything seems to be holding. But I wish I had better measuring instruments. But one this is sure, I'm going to need a bigger pump. When hocking up the peltier to it the flow went down significantly. And that's just with one cooling block, so with all three in line it most definitely won't be enough. Hope I get the couplings this week so I can test all in line to see if I need to order a bigger pump. This one I got is suppose to give 700L/h so 1500-2000L/h would most certain be enough for this rig. But time will tell. Going to do some more tests today.

Your a mad scientist
Or find a bigger dumpster.
:rofl:

Remember to calculate pressure loss, some pumps are not meant to be used with resistance.
You can measure the flow by taking time on how long it takes to fill a 10L bucket, or 5L if the flow rate is low, measure this after the lamps so you know how the pump performs under pressure :)
When you have the liter per second, multiply by 3,6 to get m3/h.

Even 0,7 m3/h sounds like A LOT for this application, and you might want to look into the pressure instead of the flow rate.

1,5 m3/h sounds crazy high, a Grundfos SP1 could do that easily, but try to look it up, seems like overkill squared, it's usually used with a 1 or 1,5 inch tube/pipe.

Flow can be regulated by a valve, but make sure you also have an overpressure valve on the system, preferably with some kind of alarm if it's activated.

A Whale pump (9-12v) is a small cheap pump with decent pressure and 0,3-0,4 m3/h.
These are often left sitting in 63mm wells and then you just pop by with a 9V battery when you need a water sample.
10 or 12 mm tube.

I only know of one high pressure pump that does 1-2 m3/h, it's called MP-1 and it's hella expensive and can't run on a circuit with HPFI because it's controlled by a frequency transformer, so it runs on like 350 Hz on max.
On a small generator it's brilliant and can push the water up +50m and go a little above 2 m3/h.
3/4 inch tube.

Remember to calculate pressure loss, some pumps are not meant to be used with resistance.
You can measure the flow by taking time on how long it takes to fill a 10L bucket, or 5L if the flow rate is low, measure this after the lamps so you know how the pump performs under pressure :)
When you have the liter per second, multiply by 3,6 to get m3/h.

Even 0,7 m3/h sounds like A LOT for this application, and you might want to look into the pressure instead of the flow rate.

1,5 m3/h sounds crazy high, a Grundfos SP1 could do that easily, but try to look it up, seems like overkill squared, it's usually used with a 1 or 1,5 inch tube/pipe.

Flow can be regulated by a valve, but make sure you also have an overpressure valve on the system, preferably with some kind of alarm if it's activated.

A Whale pump (9-12v) is a small cheap pump with decent pressure and 0,3-0,4 m3/h.
These are often left sitting in 63mm wells and then you just pop by with a 9V battery when you need a water sample.
10 or 12 mm tube.

I only know of one high pressure pump that does 1-2 m3/h, it's called MP-1 and it's hella expensive and can't run on a circuit with HPFI because it's controlled by a frequency transformer, so it runs on like 350 Hz on max.
On a small generator it's brilliant and can push the water up +50m and go a little above 2 m3/h.
3/4 inch tube.

Great to get some input on pumps PGR! Of course it's the pressure that's the problem. All these pumps are driven with magnetic impellers so that's why they are having issues with keeping any pressure what so ever... The experience I got from flows and pressure is if you pipe down U get lower flow and higher pressure but you also have to take in mind the bends and length of the pipes. Don't have the brains or the patience for that.

I'm not surprised you recommended Grundfos. They are Danish if I remember right? :)

Going to measure up the system to se what it gives!

Tested out the pc air cooler yesterday and found out it was leaking in one of the pipes... But I got another one, some bigger but it doesn't win any beauty contest but that's not the point either. Think it's more than twice as big and the best is it's held for 6,5 bar pressure. Going to let the heat cool of in this first before it hits the peltier coolers to hopefully it gets the water even cooler when it leaves the peltiers. Going to hook up two 120mm fans with temp controllers on it. Think it comes from a motorcykel or dirt bike.

Back
Top Bottom