Lost In The Fog

Now that I'm using hoses instead of pipes for this first test I won't be able to use the ball valves I was thinking about. I think it will be difficult to set even flow over the cooling blocks. If I use this configuration the flow and pressure would be more even distributed over the blocks, right?

Screenshot_20180903-074755_Chrome.jpg

I'm not surprised you recommended Grundfos. They are Danish if I remember right?

Oh no, I don't recommend them, they're way too expensive and way too big for such an application, I just wanted you to look at a pump made to move 1,5 m3/h perpetually, so you can see that it's about presure.

I think the flow might be different to each light, and I would not have the outlet in series like that.
If the last inlet has a low flow, the the outlet from the other two lamps might hold back the water that should come out the outlet on lamp 3 and the water could end up sitingt more less statically in that lamp

Ball valves are a PITA when trying to dial in a set flow, spade valves are better, but I don't think they come in tthat small sizes...

You might be able to hook a small DC pump (like the Whale) up to a dimmable driver and regulate the flow electrically, I don't know if it works in real life though :D

I'm right on u @PurpleGunRack and @Preston9mm

Well I was into these ballofix ball valves they are quite small but then when you start to add upp everything it gets expensive rather quick. Found these for around 9$ each but then you need adapters too.

I ordered these Y push in connections cause I could just complement the push in types I got.
They will fit in to the ball valves if I order them later on, just need an male adapter in the valve to fit the cooling block.

Feels like it got pancaked as usually when I try to do something. But this is still just the trail versions, I'm not starting a grow right of with this. I got to prove for my self it works first. I sure appreciate all your input. :)

Try making a company, so you have a vat number, some of these parts fall +70% in price when you're ordering from a company :)
Check out the danish AO (håndværkerbutik), I have a company account there and can have them ship stuff to you if like ;)
If you see something you like, I can log on my company profile and see the price.
Fittings and such are certainly cheaper than what you can get from hardware stores that sell to the public.

Try making a company, so you have a vat number, some of these parts fall +70% in price when you're ordering from a company :)
Check out the danish AO (håndværkerbutik), I have a company account there and can have them ship stuff to you if like ;)
If you see something you like, I can log on my company profile and see the price.
Fittings and such are certainly cheaper than what you can get from hardware stores that sell to the public.

That would be great PGR! I have our company discount at Swedens big sale store for craftsmen, Ahlsell. But their prices are mostly more expensive than ordering online from some eu store. But if you would do this favor for me it would be awesome. :) Got to rack up some money again first.

Done some testing with one of my 6040 A1 cobs, that's notorious for being hot! The on board driver makes it cook well. ;)

Her's some pics. @Killerbudz hers your proof of me being a true mad scientist. :)

Mounted the cooler and the peltier heat exchange on a laboratory stand. Got 10m hose coming on Thursday.

Everything is hocked up and running for the first time.

This reading is taken at the center of the cob in the led cluster. After 10min running.

You can easily touch the cob, it's not even lukewarm.

Powered everything down after this test, going for another longer run soon.

So the conclusion of this test is that roughly 50W Peltier effect takes away 50W heat from a cob unit. It's going to be interesting to see what the air cooler makes up for with that mounted before the peltier.

Stay tuned!

Go easy on the neck there Crazy!

When I'm doing this stuff and writing to u guys I get away from all the crap going on with both my neck and all other shit that's on right now.

My health is not on top right now. I started to walk to work a few weeks ago, main reason was the fuel pump on the car is busted. So I figured that's god for my body walking to work everyday, live real close by like 2-3km. Felt my legs was geting stronger after my last ischias. Now the last days I don't feel my legs 100% anymore. When I walk it feels like I'm floating and it's been like this for days. I have had these symptoms before and they go away after some time, feels like every nerv is burnt away...

The positiv side of all is that my insurance maybe can give me some sort of redemption(? don't know if that's the word) :) Having a meet with my employer and some other guy from staff relations tomorrow. Feel very discomforting at work feeling like this but I got an own office and lots of new tasks to do. So I do my best. :)

Done some testing with one of my 6040 A1 cobs, that's notorious for being hot! The on board driver makes it cook well. ;)

Her's some pics. @Killerbudz hers your proof of me being a true mad scientist. :)

Mounted the cooler and the peltier heat exchange on a laboratory stand. Got 10m hose coming on Thursday.

Everything is hocked up and running for the first time.

This reading is taken at the center of the cob in the led cluster. After 10min running.

You can easily touch the cob, it's not even lukewarm.

Powered everything down after this test, going for another longer run soon.

So the conclusion of this test is that roughly 50W Peltier effect takes away 50W heat from a cob unit. It's going to be interesting to see what the air cooler makes up for with that mounted before the peltier.

Stay tuned!
I just wonder where this crazy contraption will go??? Inside tent or will you mount externally and run hoses into tent.

This journal needs to be renamed CRAZYSWEED DUMPSTER DIVE!

Looks like mad scientist stuff in here:D

I hope you start feeling better CW!
Thx newt. I hope so too but after this meeting today I don't know.

Feels like I'm better off just staying home with my projects. This part time work thing is taking more energy than it's giving me. Think I just need to focus on my self than fighting others all the time and I understand that other can't take in how I feel. This condition that I'm in right now is like another world than I was used to before.

God, I can't wait for my parts that should arrive tomorrow. Going to check in your journal today and see how you are doing with your Autumn setup. :)

I just wonder where this crazy contraption will go??? Inside tent or will you mount externally and run hoses into tent.

This journal needs to be renamed CRAZYSWEED DUMPSTER DIVE!

Haha, that crazy contraption thing is just a test rig of the functionality. The blocks with the lights will be mounted on some sort of frame, the hoses will go outside the tent to the heat exchange and back inside the tent. The result of this is that the heat from the led pucks will be transported with water outside of the tent. While the air inte tent remains cool/ambient, and not in any larger scale affected by the heat generated by the pucks. :)

Thx newt. I hope so too but after this meeting today I don't know.

Feels like I'm better off just staying home with my projects. This part time work thing is taking more energy than it's giving me. Think I just need to focus on my self than fighting others all the time and I understand that other can't take in how I feel. This condition that I'm in right now is like another world than I was used to before.

God, I can't wait for my parts that should arrive tomorrow. Going to check in your journal today and see how you are doing with your Autumn setup. :)
You should look into Forex trading. It's a way for you to earn income and avoid people. It's not hard to learn and really no requirements to start trading besides your initial investment which can be minimal.

Back
Top Bottom