Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

I think that was the most polite "please stop trolling me" I've ever seen on any forum whatsoever. Hat's off to you. I love your threads, and thank you for all i've learned reading the various ones. Been waiting, and waiting for you to do another grow and FINALLY was able to subscribe near the beginning instead of pestering w/questions which would be months old to you. Congrats on the property & good luck on this one as we're all waiting to follow in your footsteps.

Cheers,
John

I'm glad you're here John. It's the differing opinions on here that make for interesting debates and discussion. I appreciate your kind words and I hope that you'll continue to visit my journal.

The more the merrier!

Good growing.

Man your grow is amazing. Looking at your set up and reading your words of wisdom has helped me see growing in a whole new light. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work.

Wow, what a great read so far.

You do a really nice job of explaining the little things that make a big difference. Another thing I appreciate is that you often say things like "I don't find it necessary for this strain" or "the strain I run seems to prefer this". Wisely spoken, as absolutes are difficult with so many variations to our plant. Just when I think I have something figured out, I find a plant/strain/pheno that breaks the rule or behaves differently it seems. Nice journal, great pics, and great detail. 5 stars/ + rep

So glad you are journaling again!

:reading420magazine:

Thanks bro. I know that every strain reacts a bit differently so I try to emphasize the "with the strain I'm growing" aspect as much as I can.

In my journals I convey my experiences but I know that they vary from grower to grower.

My thoughts are just one man's take on growing.

:peace:

Man your grow is amazing. Looking at your set up and reading your words of wisdom has helped me see growing in a whole new light. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work.

Reading posts like yours always make me smile. Playing it forward makes me feel good. I hope that you take what you've read here and create something bigger and better than I have.

I hope you'll visit again.

:thanks:

Exellent journal 420fied +reps.I had a very simillar set-up in the early 90's on a bigger scale but it was hydro.8 flood and drain tables in the flower room all staggered 1 week apart with an 8 week strain(northern lights #5) I loved that set-up but since the governement hear in Canada decided to pass a 6 month mandatory sentence per plant ive modified my current set-up to get simillar results with alot less plants.Im running 4 600w led's on rails with 6 foot extensions over a 6x12 screen come have a look sometime if you get a chance.im still working out the timing to minimize veg time but now that I have my main strain(exelent purple Kush pheno) its only a matter of time until I really get it dialed in:)

Whoa, nice setup man. I dig your way. It's not really my cup of tea, since i have different space, but kudos to you.
I am curios about your watering system. Do you do it by hand? Do you drip? Can you please elaborate a bit about this?
Thank you.

Here to stay. Really enjoying the show!

Thank you for the kind words. I hand water. If you read my journals I elaborate on why, several times.

Exellent journal 420fied +reps.I had a very simillar set-up in the early 90's on a bigger scale but it was hydro.8 flood and drain tables in the flower room all staggered 1 week apart with an 8 week strain(northern lights #5) I loved that set-up but since the governement hear in Canada decided to pass a 6 month mandatory sentence per plant ive modified my current set-up to get simillar results with alot less plants.Im running 4 600w led's on rails with 6 foot extensions over a 6x12 screen come have a look sometime if you get a chance.im still working out the timing to minimize veg time but now that I have my main strain(exelent purple Kush pheno) its only a matter of time until I really get it dialed in:)

Thank you. Your set sounds like a great setup. I'll definitely check it out. Best of luck.

Last night I had an intruder!!! Somehow, this super stealthy criminal was able to breach all of my security measures and make it into my Flower room.

Luckily, I happened upon the perpetrator and caught them in the act.

ladybug_jan13.JPG

Here's the uneven canopy of table 1. I call this my "getting settled in" group. There are 90 plants of various ages (days 19-45) on this table. Most of the plants in the front are in the 11-13 inch range. The ones on the back end are in the 14-16 inch range.

uneven_small.JPG
dy45top_jan13.JPG

ahh, your intruder is too cute to kick out of the garden :( !! lol

Your pheno is looking great as usual, perfect for your sogs. I see cinderella (or was it snow white? :laughtwo: lol! I remember it's a princess for sure) has a perfect pheno for colas stacked side by side. Out of curiosity, have you experimented with any other strains on the side? I mean experimented for the same purpose of SOG'ing, of course.

ahh, your intruder is too cute to kick out of the garden :( !! lol

Your pheno is looking great as usual, perfect for your sogs. I see cinderella (or was it snow white? :laughtwo: lol! I remember it's a princess for sure) has a perfect pheno for colas stacked side by side. Out of curiosity, have you experimented with any other strains on the side? I mean experimented for the same purpose of SOG'ing, of course.

Agree on the intruder. She's so cute that I gave her a pass. If she robs me, so be it. ;)

I've grown a couple of bag seeds but ended up killing them because they didn't structure themselves like Snow White does. I haven't ordered anything of quality and given it a legitimate try, though. I do plan on trying to mix in a different strain in the future for variety.

I want to find a strain that produces a giant, single cola.

I have 4 Lucy momas (Skunk#1xMazar). Two of those are really heavy on the mazar pheno and the other 2 are very indica skunky. I'm planning to take around 40 cuttings and 2L-sog under a 600. Hopefully I'll find at least one plant to keep :thumb:

For future grows, I have a 1x1x3 mother tent and a 2x2 tent for running a micro-sog. Hopefully I'll find a keeper from my current grow. This will minimize space requirements while still providing some nice frosty nugs. Your style of growing is really great from micro to massive scales.

Just cought up.I started growing SOG after following your other grows.Not hempy though.I did lighten up my media alot.I use half gallon grow bags,so no res.40 plants under 400w in a 2x4+.Yeilds are great.24in. avg. plants and no problems with being root bound.Thanks for all the inspiration and great info.:thanks::thumb:

Dear 420fied,

this is the first post I've ever dared among fellow gardening enthusiasts of particular exotic flowers I just adore the powerful scent of a robust flower, quite heady, actually. I salaam before you in abject awe of your mighty cannabis juju. The photos of the roots from your pvc aero grow were freaking brilliant.

I am making small magic in a room that's 5 x 7ft. The flower box is 2ft x 4ft, have a 2 tier 2ft x 4ft bench and that is it, aside from a bench outside the room. It's a tight little operation, like working in a ship's galley, but I am currently maintaining 7 varieties.

I have recently changed from soil to hempy, 2L's inspired by guess who. If I can make it work, it should be more productive and allow me room for more mothers. I do love variety. My first tub of plants that went from the cloner straight to flower are starting to ripen now. Interesting to observe my familiar strains growing in radically different conditions, mainly being me having to feed them.. They are 6 weeks in, smaller (which I expected) but not as frosty as I'm used to, fragrant, but not as strong. I have a lot to learn obviously, which is why I've overcome my reticence *cough*paranoia. in search of wisdom. I hope to get the ferts sorted in time, but my immediate concern is the cloner. The first batch was 100% yay, so I thought it was a sure thing, but then only got like 33% on the second, have my fingers crossed for this batch. How fussy is a proper cleaning between runs? And how long can you go without changing water, if you're rotating clones in and out? PH is kept near 6.0, water temp is high70's. The first batch was perfect with no fuss at all and now I'm fretting over everything.

And I wonder what you know about hps bulbs such as when they should be replaced and whether the pricey bulbs are worth the cost.

Thank you so much for sharing what you've learned and I very much appreciate your factual, ego free reporting. I love growing my own and learned everything from the internet, which was a huge ordeal given the extraordinary amount of bs and opinions posing as facts. You and 420magazine rock. I'll be talking to Mr Planet soon.

Peace & Love, MJ13

I want to find a strain that produces a giant, single cola.

This is Grand Daddy Purple. Have seen 4 phenotypes, most grow dense bud clusters all the way up. Amazing grape aroma and flavor. Strong indica effect. From Ken Estes seeds.
GDP44.jpg

This is Acapulco Gold from Barney's. Still working on getting her best. Pure sativa, not much scent, grows like a vine, dense clusters but the buds tend to be more airy than dense. Very nice, clear head.

AG4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom