Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

Still packing in the babies.

I have 93 plants on table 1 which range in age from 18 days to 44 days. I have 97 plants on table 2 that have all been buried within the last 5 days. Table 2 will be full (154) within 5 days and this group will comprise my first full table harvest which will come in Mid March.

Past that, all my harvests should be full table pulls of 154 plants at a time. Once I get to that point, I'll be able to find my baseline as far as production and then fine tune from there.

I have decided that going forward, wilt or not, all clones will be lightly scraped and dipped in clonex gel. They recover fully within 36 hours and it definitely makes a difference in both the size and numbers of roots thrown.

clonex_nice2.JPG
clonex_nice.JPG

It's my opinion that I won't really know what this setup can/will produce on it's top end until I am pulling full table harvests of clones that were dipped in clonex. By April, I'll be doing just that. The vigorous root systems that they throw definitely translate to a better end product.

Freshly planted babies on table 2 which will comprise my first full table harvest in Mid March.

jan16_table2.JPG

Good growing everyone

Also, to clarify what I'm shooting for:

I'm running 2 tables, side by side, each holding 154 plants. Beginning in March, I'll start pulling full table harvests. That means that every month, I will harvest a table.

If I average-- 4 grams per pant: 22 ounces per table (1GPW)
8 grams per plant: 44 ounces per table (2GPW)

In the end, I'll be able to cut clones, harvest, etc all on the same day, each and every month. My mothers will eventually have a full month to veg between clone runs where I will take 200 cuts at a time and take the very best 154 for the next run.

It's going to be an exciting ride.

Hey FIED quick question, I follow your feed schedule I water or nute eveey other day which brings me to my ? Since our days dont add to a solid week and it will be 9 days between first nute and and your 3rd water feeding how do you count your days do you 6 or 7 weeks at 9 day a week intervals or how many full days do you run? From day 1 in chamber to finished?

Hey FIED quick question, I follow your feed schedule I water or nute eveey other day which brings me to my ? Since our days dont add to a solid week and it will be 9 days between first nute and and your 3rd water feeding how do you count your days do you 6 or 7 weeks at 9 day a week intervals or how many full days do you run? From day 1 in chamber to finished?

Good question. I really don't look at my weeks in terms of numbers of days because on the Blue Planet, it never stops.

I simply mix the new babies into the ongoing feeding schedule of feed, skip, feed, skip, etc. If I bury the babies on a night when the entire Flower room gets fed, I go ahead and feed them. If I happen to bury them on a skip night, I still seat them with plain water and then begin feeding them on the 2nd night. This is the easiest way to introduce new plants into the rotation.

I run my SOG plants to 70 days. I feed them from day 1 or 2, to day 64. I flush them with plain water on days 65, 66, and 67. Then, I let them dry out (no nutes/water) on days 68, 69, and 70... when I chop them.

I hope this makes sense.

Yes it does and as far as how you up your nutes do you start at full transition or 75% and do you start with booster in your first feeding? And do you find any need to flush mid grow say day 35-40 instead of just a watering or do you ever "flush" 3x as much water as container will hold? To get everything out of them?

I really like your system 420fied. :goodjob:

So many appealing things about it, and you've got it down. Probably about the same amount of work as a hydro setup with similar results, but in many ways much simpler. Your GPW numbers are making a strong case for light movers. When I used them in the past, I felt like it "spread out" the light too much. Kinda like spreading the peanut butter too thin on the bread. I didn't think the buds were as dense, but it was not a SOG grow. Do you think the pursuit of maximum efficiency might impact quality a little? Not in any way criticizing btw. :Namaste:

I'll have to go back and see which light mover you're using. I'm curious if it's a model that pauses at the ends to even out the light. I think you also said you reuse your media too. While not critical, that's something I much prefer. I know it's more work to recover and reuse grow media, but disposal is riskier work IMHO.

I won't start building it for at least 6-9 months, but I will be building a second flowering room later this year. I think I could fit 2 of these tables in there. You are certainly making me consider other styles. :thanks:

Yes it does and as far as how you up your nutes do you start at full transition or 75% and do you start with booster in your first feeding? And do you find any need to flush mid grow say day 35-40 instead of just a watering or do you ever "flush" 3x as much water as container will hold? To get everything out of them?

My feeding schedule varies. I base what I feed my plants off of their size and what they're telling me.

Here's a rough outline of the way I do it.

Week 1(days 1-7): 450PPM
Week 2(days 8-14): 700PPM (I start adding Liquid Blue on day 10)
Week 3(days 15-21): 900PPM
Week 4-9(days 22-64): 1100-1200PPM depending on what the plants are telling me
3 day flush(days 65-67): Plain water
Let pots dry(days 68-70): No nutes/water

Chop on day 70.

I find it unnecessary to do a mid run flush. Hell, with the strain I grow, I find it unnecessary to flush at all.

I really like your system 420fied. :goodjob:

So many appealing things about it, and you've got it down. Probably about the same amount of work as a hydro setup with similar results, but in many ways much simpler. Your GPW numbers are making a strong case for light movers. When I used them in the past, I felt like it "spread out" the light too much. Kinda like spreading the peanut butter too thin on the bread. I didn't think the buds were as dense, but it was not a SOG grow. Do you think the pursuit of maximum efficiency might impact quality a little? Not in any way criticizing btw. :Namaste:

I'll have to go back and see which light mover you're using. I'm curious if it's a model that pauses at the ends to even out the light. I think you also said you reuse your media too. While not critical, that's something I much prefer. I know it's more work to recover and reuse grow media, but disposal is riskier work IMHO.

I won't start building it for at least 6-9 months, but I will be building a second flowering room later this year. I think I could fit 2 of these tables in there. You are certainly making me consider other styles. :thanks:

Thank you for the kind words. Since I've just started using the movers, I don't have any real hard data to go off of yet but like you, I am noticing a decrease in both overall size and dried weight of the plants. This is to be expected as they're receiving much less "direct" light. The quality is still the same, I'm just not seeing the 20-22 inch plants like before. Now, it seems as though my top end plants are finishing in the 14-16 inch range. The plus is, the movers allow my 2 lights to cover an area that I'd normally need 6 lights to cover and the plants are still respectable. Inching the lights down as close to the tops without causing heat stress is key to bud density when using movers. Right now, my 600 watt bulb is within 7 inches of the tops.

I run the intellitrac 3.5 -- 6' rail. The motor is 9 rpm and the mover has an adjustable delay from 0-60 seconds as the light hits the end of the rail.

We'll learn as we go.

Thank you for the kind words. Since I've just started using the movers, I don't have any real hard data to go off of yet but like you, I am noticing a decrease in both overall size and dried weight of the plants. This is to be expected as they're receiving much less "direct" light. The quality is still the same, I'm just not seeing the 20-22 inch plants like before. Now, it seems as though my top end plants are finishing in the 14-16 inch range. The plus is, the movers allow my 2 lights to cover an area that I'd normally need 6 lights to cover and the plants are still respectable. Inching the lights down as close to the tops without causing heat stress is key to bud density when using movers. Right now, my 600 watt bulb is within 7 inches of the tops.

I run the intellitrac 3.5 -- 6' rail. The motor is 9 rpm and the mover has an adjustable delay from 0-60 seconds as the light hits the end of the rail.

We'll learn as we go.

Hey 420, I rechecked my tap water it's 110ppm n when I add nutes ph comes down from 7.5 to 6.5 do I think my tap water will be ok..also upon reading ur other journals I thought u keep ur lights 21-22 inches above your plants?
I'm gearing up now got mothers with about 10 clone spots each, gonna be building aero cloner like yours. Want to thank u so much , your journals are like the ultimate tutorial

This is beautiful !!
I'm glad I caught on. Found the new link in your sig after you posted on your cloner thread :). I'm actually planning to start a small hempy sog very soon, it's all after I read your journals a few months ago :blushsmile:

We'll learn as we go.

So you think the bud density is the same, you just get less penetration with the mover? The one room I was involved with that used a light mover produced buds that, while not 'airy', were not as dense as the ones we grew in other grow ops (same strains). I always felt it was due to the mover, but there were several things we were experimenting with on that grow.

Thanks for sharing our experiment with us. I agree with you. The light mover will probably give a better gpw number even if the plants themselves produce less each, you will have more plants than you could have harvested without moving the light. I'll be watching closely. :high-five:

So you think the bud density is the same, you just get less penetration with the mover? The one room I was involved with that used a light mover produced buds that, while not 'airy', were not as dense as the ones we grew in other grow ops (same strains). I always felt it was due to the mover, but there were several things we were experimenting with on that grow.

Thanks for sharing our experiment with us. I agree with you. The light mover will probably give a better gpw number even if the plants themselves produce less each, you will have more plants than you could have harvested without moving the light. I'll be watching closely. :high-five:

No. I didn't say the density was the same. I said the quality of the smoke is the same. The buds, while still hard/dense definitely lose a little beef when compared to plants under stationary lights so your thinking is correct.

You're also right about the movers giving me a better grow number even though I'm losing a bit of density.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hey 420, I rechecked my tap water it's 110ppm n when I add nutes ph comes down from 7.5 to 6.5 do I think my tap water will be ok..also upon reading ur other journals I thought u keep ur lights 21-22 inches above your plants?
I'm gearing up now got mothers with about 10 clone spots each, gonna be building aero cloner like yours. Want to thank u so much , your journals are like the ultimate tutorial

That's great news on your water. That should work for you! I keep my lights 20-22 inches above freshly planted babies for the first night or two but after that I inch the lights down close. My movers keep the bulb 7 inches from the tops of the mature plants.

That's great news on your water. That should work for you! I keep my lights 20-22 inches above freshly planted babies for the first night or two but after that I inch the lights down close. My movers keep the bulb 7 inches from the tops of the mature plants.

I know with movers it's probably different, but is it same principle put light as close as u can until it's hot if u put your hand there?

My feeding schedule varies. I base what I feed my plants off of their size and what they're telling me.

Here's a rough outline of the way I do it.

Week 1(days 1-7): 450PPM
Week 2(days 8-14): 700PPM (I start adding Liquid Blue on day 10)
Week 3(days 15-21): 900PPM
Week 4-9(days 22-64): 1100-1200PPM depending on what the plants are telling me
3 day flush(days 65-67): Plain water
Let pots dry(days 68-70): No nutes/water

Chop on day 70.

I find it unnecessary to do a mid run flush. Hell, with the strain I grow, I find it unnecessary to flush at all.

Hey there 420fied. I have a quick question for ya. When do you actually start this feeding schedule? Is it from the day you cut clones or the day you start flowering cycle?

My bad, let me first introduce myself. 420ramrod here. I'm on my way to doing for a SOG set up myself. I'm still working out some of the kinks so to speak. I have had one successful grow and learned alot. Now I have decided to tackle full Hydro, going for "SOG" for sure with my set up and equipment its perfect. I have (2) turbo ebb and flow botanicare systems, holds 14 Square pots in each. I want to be able to Harvest 14 plants every 30 days. maybe more if I use different pots like the 2 Liters 420fied is using. Also Im currently using an "Areogarden" as a cloner, its awesome roots in 5 to 7 days. I'm sure I can get that down now that I have better cloning tips from everyone.

Back
Top Bottom