Magnus' Summer Outdoor - Soil 15 AK47, Crit Mass, Ice Bomb, NL, Big Bud, Pin Express

Re: Magnus' Summer Outdoor - Soil 15 AK47, Crit Mass, Ice Bomb, NL, Big Bud, Pin Expr

I would have never identified it as such, but I've been inattentive over here. Forgive me. :hug:

I like the illustrations you chose, particularly the way the first and last have an eerie, slightly threatening feel to them. Number three doesn't work for me at all, but I think it's the monotone greens overwhelming the message. Try a different color font with it.

The second one feels a little delicious, with the luscious sunflowers and the font backlit by the white. The backlighting works really well to catch your eye and translate a bit of discomfort to the psyche. That's the effect you were going for, wasn't it? Well done. :high-five:

The fourth one might pop more if you play with the color of the font in the closing line. Something that brings an ominous feel to it.

Keep trying other quotes. In my opinion, four of your five photos are keepers. Good eye. The meadow lacks something. As to the quotes, the only one that really rang big bells for me is the last one, and it hits powerfully. Definately keep that one, but the others I'd rework.

Having fun with that? :cheesygrinsmiley: It'll keep you busy, bringing your dreams into manifestation. Thanks for asking for my input. I love doing this type of stuff.

Re: Magnus' Summer Outdoor - Soil 15 AK47, Crit Mass, Ice Bomb, NL, Big Bud, Pin Expr

You know I am laughing with you Magnus! Pfoto 2 was a 420 moment I will always remember. Happens on 420 sites a lot! We grow the good stuff! :thumb: I think you are free here on 420 to discuss your plants AND book, you own this journal. No one here will complain and I rather enjoy following your posts. :nomo: Peace Bud and feel free with the camera, just watch for license plates, addresses and such! We have you covered though if we spot any.:nomo::blushsmile::laugh::rollingeyes::popcorn: Thanks to HashGirl again. :circle-of-love::420:

Thanks, Walleye.

You're a good egg, no two ways about it.

Best,
Magnus.

Okay, so we had some difficulty here at Camp 420 in the outbacks of Alberta these past 2 days. A winter storm hit, and destroyed some of the flimsy boundaries we had holding up the tarps, and some of the tarps ripped themselves. So, without wanting to, I had to make a split moment decision. See if the plants could weather the storm uncovered or cut them out and salvage what I could. I decided to salvage what I could which would mean cutting down four of my plants. The other four were going to be okay. Their tarps were secure. So there we were, 2:00 a.m., car lights shining on my grow so that we could see what we were somewhat doing, cutting down my beautiful plants to save them. If that makes any sense.

We just dumped the branches in the porch overnight and then the next morning (yesterday) got busy trimming up the tiny buds that were there. So sad. But at least they didnt wind up frozen.

Of the other four, one of them got the worst of it and doesnèt look so hot, but we hope she will survive. And all the little plants in the potsÉ My keyboard is fucked. It keeps giving me these e with accents whenvever I want to punctuate. So bear with me, please. Well, the plants in the pots all got moved into the porch the night of the storm so theyàre okay (there goes that punctuation again).

So, I have some pics.

But before we get to the pics, because theyre not finished uploading yet..., I just wanted to say how heartbreaking it was to have to cut these plants down early to save their butts. We werenèt supposed to have a winter storm so early yet, and it is disturbing how quickly it came this year. But ùIve been walking around all day as though Ièm lost, completely lost, broken kind of. As thought I had put all this energy into growing these plants, and I mean, I put a shitload of energy into making this grow work this year, backbreaking work, too. And it was over, so quickly. Actually, its not over until the last bud is smoked, as far as I am concerned. But Ièm afraid that time will come way too soon given how early the plants had to be cut down. They are 3 weeks early. The part during their flowering where they put on massive weight to their buds and the buds grow exponentially in size. Not these ones... Oh well. Beggars cannot be choosers. But hey! I am not a beggar here. I worked my ass off for this grow...

Okay, so Ièll just head on over and see if those little babies are uploaded yet. Yep. All done. Here we go.

So this is the trimming area that we set up kind of spur of the moment in the living room. The wife-bot on one side, me on the other.

DSC_9772.JPG

And this is Dobby, sitting amidst the mess made from trimming. Get to work, house elf! Clean up this mess!

DSC_97731.JPG

This is one complete plant, my largest one, the Pineapple Express that I had entered into the plant of the month contest this last month. Well, this is all she gave.

DSC_9774.JPG

This is another plant, where we dumped it the other night on the porch floor. When I hold a bud in my fist you can see how small they are still. how disappointing.

DSC_97751.JPG

DSC_9776.JPG

These next two shots are of other plants we had to cut down and where we left them until we can get to trimming them.

DSC_9777.JPG

DSC_9778.JPG

This next pic shows six of my potted plants, in either pots or planters. They seem to be wethering the storm - pun intended.

DSC_9779.JPG

The next four pics show the stumps of the plants that I cut down the other night. Donèt know why youèd want to see them, but hey, its your scopophilic life, not mine.

DSC_9780.JPG

DSC_9781.JPG

DSC_9782.JPG

DSC_9783.JPG

These next 2 shots show 3 more of my potted plants (there are 9 altogether, I think).

DSC_9786.JPG

DSC_9787.JPG

And the next 4 pics show the 4 remaining plants who remain standing, growing, living, alive. Not in pieces on my porch floor. ÙUnfortunately. Oh well. Beggars cannot be choosers, but we had already ascertained that I was NOT the beggar here!

DSC_9785.JPG

DSC_9784.JPG

DSC_9788.JPG

DSC_9789.JPG

Well, thereès the update on my pics and the updates on my grow. Or, NO-GROW, as it were.

But weàre keeping our fingers crossed for these others. Yessiree we are sure do man, like, right on.

Until then, my best,
Magnus.

Damn sorry for your loss. That's heart breaking, I've been there with different circumstances, and I know the blow it can be. The rest of your plants look gorgeous. At least you've got that. My sister lives in Lethbridge, I couldn't believe when she sent me the snow shots.

I just went out and did another check. The plant that got the worst of it is one where the fan leaves mostly died off. Gotta lot of plucking to do.

My AK-47 is doing quite nicely, though. And some of the Big Buds in the pots are doing grand. 2 of them in particular, in fact.

I'm looking forward to weighing this load (minus the buds I've been "tastingz" these past couple of days. It is a seriously smaller load of weed than I had anticipated.

I think I know a big part of the problem. Because I couldn't afford to purchase the tarps until mid August, we couldn't put them into 12 & 12 until quite late in the season. Because it was so late and already getting cool outside, most plant had slowed down their growth rates. Therefore, when put under 12 & 12 lighting, it was too cool outside for them to grow big. No, well here they are, struggling to bloom but without the heat required to grow big, fat buds.

Bummer.

So, that is my update for the day. Weather is warming over the next week. Hopefully warm enough to keep those buds growing!

Best,
Magnus.

I've got some more marketing pieces for the book ready. These are more of the same pics with quotes culled from the first chapter of Finding Max (which is no more than Amazon gives away because they allow you to download the first chapter of almost any book as a sample of the book to try. And since all these quotes come from the first chapter, well, I don't feel like I'm giving too much away.

So here are the new ones, for your perusal and comments.

(pause)

Gawd damn bloody tablet. Can't ever use it to upload pics to this site because it just doesn't work. The wife-bot just borrowed a friends laptop to get some work done with. But she is napping right now so I think I'll sneak on over to that laptop in a second posting.

Sound like a plan, Stan?

Does to me...

I really like the colors in the pfotos. Are you going to use all 6 seasons ? Spring, summer, fall, winter, winter, winter, or just 4 ?! Kidding. You take great photos Magnus8, a lot to work with up there.

Walleye,

Thanks for the compliment. I used to have a huge selection of all kinds of scenes and weather and everything until my computer died earlier this year (the period I disappeared from this site). Now I am working to develop a new collection of shots. I usually do a calendar for my wife each year for christmas as a gift, but I donèt know that Ièll have the shots for it this year. Really bums me out because I used to go all out on these calendars. Some of them have been really beautiful.

But anyway, weèll see what happens.

Oh, and this stupid thing is happening on this borrowed computer. Whenever I hit different punctuation marks it gives me something completely different. Weird keyboard setting. So thatàs whatàs happenening every time I try to punch in a quote mark or anything. Ièm not completely stupid by not knowing how to spell. So forgive me. Please.

So I have two pics for you today. Theyàre kind of fun. The first is the haul from 2 plants so far that weève been able to dry up enough to go in the pails to cure. If you can see the little dials on the humidity readers, they arenèt the right numbers. The pails have been sitting open for a bit before taking the shots. The second shot just shows the two pails next to my coffee cup so you can see the size of the pails. Ièm psyched. Getting some good stuff here I hope. Ive tried a bit and it isnèt terribly strong, but it was cut down 4 weeks early, mind you. But I hope you appreciate the pics, anyway. Illl have a count of weight when itès all ready to be weighed!

DSC_9797.JPG

DSC_97991.JPG

So there you have it. This is the kind of yield Ièm getting so far. It is a bit disappointing considering how much work I put into the grow, but mind you, it is more weed than I have ever seen in real life in person. So who am I to complain.

I was thinking that all my Pineapple Expresses just didnèt produce that much. And it is true, they donèt . But they arenèt meant to be big producers, I remember that now. The big buds are producing bigger buds than any of the other plants.

Today weère going out and chopping down the rest of the plants and hanging them in the porch until I can get to them all. Ièm working at it, but it is a lot of work. And coming at this moment is just terrible because Im so busy with the book that it isnèt funny. I donèt know where Ill ever find the time to do it all. But hey, these are the complaints of the privileged. I shouldnèt complain, right (canèt type a question mark even!).

Anyway, happy thanksgiving to everyone this weekend. Hope you had a nice dinner yesterday. Weère going to try to get our butts in gear today and get our meal made one day late. Oh well. Better late than never.

Peace out.
Magnus.

Hey Mag,

Looks good.

Stay on top of the curing process.

Talk to you soon.

Peace. :peace:

Hey Mag,

Looks good.

Stay on top of the curing process.

Talk to you soon.

Hey FELONIOUS!!!

How the hell are you, man? Been missing you, or does it just feels that long.

Hey, trying to keep up, and so far have benough ahead of the curve.
Hope you're doing well, my friend. Hope you're doing extremery well these days, my friend. Looking forward to that phone call...

Best,
Magnus.

Hey All,

With the weather getting colder and my plants taking a turn for the worse because of it, and in the wake of an impending snowstorm tonight, we cut down all my plants this afternoon. I have pics of them all hanging in the porch for you to see.

DSC_9800.JPG

DSC_9801.JPG

DSC_9802.JPG

DSC_9803.JPG

DSC_9804.JPG

So there you have it. It is obvously going to take me quite a while before I can get them all cured and weighed, but will eventually do so and post a final tally up here.

Thanks for sticking around, those of you who did, despite my computer troubles this summer. I appreciate it very much.

Keep an eye out for the book, especially as an ebook, 22 May 2018. Finding Max.

Cheers everybody.

Hey Magnus,

Looking good!

Sorry the end of season arrived before peak harvest time.

Is there air circulation on the porch? If not you might want to add a fan. Set it up so it doesn't blow on the plants. Also some of the plants look like they are touching the walls. If you can hang them away from the walls it would improve air circulation. If not, be sure to flip the plants around so they dry evenly. After all this, you don't want mold.

You and She should be proud of the crop. I know you both worked really hard, and it shows!

Hey Magnus,

Looking good!

Sorry the end of season arrived before peak harvest time.

Is there air circulation on the porch? If not you might want to add a fan. Set it up so it doesn't blow on the plants. Also some of the plants look like they are touching the walls. If you can hang them away from the walls it would improve air circulation. If not, be sure to flip the plants around so they dry evenly. After all this, you don't want mold.

You and She should be proud of the crop. I know you both worked really hard, and it shows!

Thanks, Felonious.

You are right. We both worked very, very hard for this crop and looking forward to the fruits of our labour . Thanks for the good wishes.

Best,
Magnus.

Well done team! :high-five: Looks like it should serve you well for the winter.

Well done team! :high-five: Looks like it should serve you well for the winter.

Hi Sue,

I think you're right. This should be enough to last me through the winter. Hey, and thanks for the congratulations. I really appreciate it.

Done clipping and removing all leaves, separating sugar leaves from those boring old fan leaves, drying and removing all buds off four of the large plants now (the first four that were originally cut down due to weather concerns). I don't have a weight on it because I'm going to weigh them altogether at one time. Easier to keep track of what you're doing rather than having all these slips of paper hanging around with differing weights on them and having to add them up. But I can tell you how many three gallon pails I have of dried now curing weed. So, I've got 4.5 pails of beautiful Marijuana buds that I am proud to say I grew myself. No need to constantly worry about where I'm going to get the money for my next medication dose. No need to worry about how much of my food money is going to medication. No need to worry about where my next "fix" is coming from. Sounds like a good place to be after so much struggling these past three years. I'm very proud of myself. Growing that much weed wasn't easy for someone with my limitations. I don't like to think of myself as having limitations, but this summer growing this much weed I came face to face with numerous of my practical limitations that I don't like to admit I carry around with me. Just suffice it to say that I've got more limitations than I realized.

So there's still a freakin' ton of weed to clean up and process. I figure, given our schedules and a host of commitments that we won't finish until well into the two month mark has passed. Seriously. It's going to take me that long to process all this weed.

I'll keep you updated.

So, until there's further news, I remain,
Your faithful servant, Magnus.

Hey Magnus,

I told you it was a lot of work... Wish I were nearby to offer my help.:sorry:

Stay on top of the drying and curing. Don't want a nasty mold attack. :rip:

Oh, you forgot to mention the asset you have that outweighs your limitations, She.

Congrats to you both, now you just have to figure out how to stay on top of your ongoing supply. :woohoo:

Congrats on the haul, Magnus! You definitely deserve to finally have some good luck with your medication but mind Felonious' advice. He knows from where he speaks.

Also, you might want to look at Sue's thread on making fresh harvest oil. She swears it's the most potent oil she's ever made. Here's a link to the thread (if you're interested):

Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom