NobleWeed's AK47 in Soil

Hello everyone at 420MAGAZINE. I have spent many hours looking at all of your grows and learning as much as possible. Its much better then sitting in class ALL day or being at work.
This is my first grow since i got my green card. My good friend gave me some clones of his AK 47 plant that was dying so that i could become self sufficient.

Here is a pic of the Clones. I have them under a 100W CFL
AK_47_clone.JPG

They are in small 3" pots and are only 1 week old. I just put them in soil before i took this picture.
Here is a picture of the mother that i cut them off of.:rip:
Poor_mother.JPG

My friends room mate left town and didn't water it for several weeks and had the light off the whole time that's why it is in such horrible shape.
After taking all the usable clones we could we salvaged the stem dried Bud.
Bad_Bud1.JPG

Such a horrible sight i know. After watering and a few 100W CFLs she perked right up again and i am now going to take the last 2 stems and grow them. I have wated a whole week to see if the last stems were even alive or not.
alive_mother.JPG

I built a grow tent for the clones 4X4X6 and will put them in as soon as i have them on a once a day watering schedule. I am using 8 35W 3500K vertical lights because i don't want to prune the leaves to give the bud sights more light. I also have a 400W HPS bulb i will use for the flowing stage but not going to hook it up just yet as i don't have proper ventilation in the tent. I left the light on over night too see what the temp will rise up to.
Here is a pic.
Grow_tent_3_.JPG
Grow_Tent_4_.JPG

I went with the tent vice hydroponic because it is much less $$$ and also i don't want to loose power this spring and loos my whole crop. I will invest in a hydro system as soon as i am more comfortable growing and i know more.
As you can see the grow tent doesn't have a top as of yet because i don't know what else i will be hooking up. if you have some ideas let me know. like should i run ventilation top to bottom or bottom to top. As it stands now it cost less then 100$ total to build but i don't have the receipt right now. I will give a parts breakdown and more pics if you want me to post them.

I have FOX FARM GROW BIG and they are planted in Miracle Grow potting soil because i hear it dose wonders for them in root forming. It only has trace amounts of nutrients and will probably be gone before harvesting.

Well that's all the information i have at the moment i will be back tomarow to post some more.

I have 96 square feet of grow room with a 6' ceiling.
Q: Will this be enough room for 5 AK 47?
Q: How should i hook up my ventilation?
Q: How long should i veg them for?
Q: What Nutrient PPM should i use?

That should be enough for my first post.
Thank you for looking.:thanks:

too bad, I like ak47, maybe ak48 next time.

too bad, I like ak47, maybe ak48 next time.
I saved them read the whole thing
Very nice, do you know how much co2 this system will introduce??

I'm not sure. There is at least 25LBS of ferment-able sugar. I have done 15LBS batches at home and it makes my whole apartment stink of CO2.:cough:

It will take a few days to get the yeast culture large enough to make a usable amount of CO2. Hopefully the yeast will give a constant output over the next few months.

people have told me not 2 use miracle grow soil because its time released nutrients if they release too much then the plant gets burned or it starves

i bought some fox farm happy frog soil its organic like 25 bucks for a big bag just letting u know:peace:

I re-rigged my tent so now i have the 400W mh light 6' from the plants so they will hopefully stretch some. I also added 2 heat lamps to keep the temp in the upper 70's and a cpu fan on the CO2 exhaust. My 2 clones have nice white roots sprouting into the peat moss pellets but they havnt reached to the outside of it. Should i take them out of there humidity dome? I put them in the tent with the other plants to get them acclimated to the light but i am keeping there dome on them for now.

i bought some fox farm happy frog soil its organic like 25 bucks for a big bag just letting u know

Where did you buy it at? I have the liquid FF fertilizer not the soil.

Man you get like an A+ for effort! And +reps besides for doing the CPR on the Mom. I'm no expert on cloning but your last question about whether to pot them because you see some roots is a good one. Somebody here will surely let you know. I will be checking in with ya NobleWeed to see how your doing. I'm sure your girls will make it, if only because of your dedication!

That CO2 recepie is awesome!

On a side note - if your apartments smells from it - its not the CO2 - its odorless and tasteless.

Hang in there with the plants. First ones are always tough and you had some major curve balls thrown. I predict you will start to see rewards from your efforts soon.

Repot the clones when you see good roots. Or when you see solid new growth. I always have trouble spotting the growth, bt the roots are easy. Basically you should be able to pick up the plant by the stem. Then they're ready.

+reps for motivation

Repot the clones when you see good roots. Or when you see solid new growth. I always have trouble spotting the growth, bt the roots are easy. Basically you should be able to pick up the plant by the stem. Then they're ready.

Good advice eh but that is not such a good way to test whether its ready: let it be knownst. Its good to use clear keg cups for starting so you can see the root growth through the cup eh mon good luck ya!

Man you get like an A+ for effort! And +reps besides for doing the CPR on the Mom. I'm no expert on cloning but your last question about whether to pot them because you see some roots is a good one. Somebody here will surely let you know. I will be checking in with ya NobleWeed to see how your doing. I'm sure your girls will make it, if only because of your dedication!

Thank you Woodsman.

That CO2 recepie is awesome!

On a side note - if your apartments smells from it - its not the CO2 - its odorless and tasteless.
Have you ever brewed wine? Fermenting grapes has a very sour smell hehe.

Hang in there with the plants. First ones are always tough and you had some major curve balls thrown. I predict you will start to see rewards from your efforts soon.
I hope so :grinjoint:

+reps for motivation

Well i guess there are ready now. I can pick them up and i see PHAT roots on them right below the soul line.
I have some new photos but my laptop is being a huge 8-> face and not letting me start it up. Im on my PC.
Ill give you guys more when i can get my laptop to work properly. Thank you for all your support.

whoever wrote it is probably bored of chinese food.

I like to think it was printed by a computer like in Last Dragon!

There is definite new growth and roots on the small clones and the other clones are 3 weeks old so i decided to re pot the plants all 5 of them. I went to the local hydro store for some perlite and found they had some FF soil as well. WOOT.

The girls don't look that big but they are 3 weeks old now and the ones not in soil are 2 weeks old. (shows what stress on a plant can do to the clones)
The fermenting bucket is cranking out 5cc every 3-4 seconds.

The clones weren't putting on much new leafs but they had substantial root mass holding all the soil together in the small pots i had them in so i hope they will start putting on some more leafs now that they are planted into a bugger bucket. I didn't get pics of the roots because i forgot. :oops:

Here are the pics i uploaded on my barley working laptop.
RUNT
DSC008542.JPG

The two sisters
DSC008432.JPG

DSC008423.JPG

Just over 1" tall and 3 weeks old.:hmmmm:
Here are the soils i used i didn't use the one on the right. Mite use it later on.
DSC008602.JPG

DSC008612.JPG

I went with 3part FF 2part perlite because i already got the one episode of over watering and i don't want another.
The 7gal fermenting bucket is making my grow tent a little crowded i think I'm going to rig a hose to its output to put it outside.
DSC008495.JPG
DSC008504.JPG

Back
Top Bottom