Magnus' Summer Outdoor - Soil 15 AK47, Crit Mass, Ice Bomb, NL, Big Bud, Pin Express

Re: Magnus' Summer Outdoor - Soil 15 AK47, Crit Mass, Ice Bomb, NL, Big Bud, Pin Expr

Hey PufPufPass,

How nice to see you here again! Don't worry about rushing out there and grabbing the book because it isn't even out yet. It doesn't come out until 22 May 2018, next spring. But thanks for showing such enthusiasm, I certainly appreciate it.

Plants are fine. Nothing broken since I lost half of my CBD Critical Mass in a windstorm. That really pissed me off. I was planning on entering her in the plant of the month contest. But I still have another one up my sleeve. Or rather, planted in the yard. It's too big to fit up my sleeve!!! It's a Pineapple Express and she's looking mighty huge lately. I turned them over to flower about a week ago so they're all showing pistils now.

I've been very busy working on the marketing of the book and trying to figure out a way to raise money for this big marketing plan that I've got worked out. The marketing plan includes a trip down east and out west for book tours, online meetings with potential consumers, owners and managers of independent bookstores, and various other groups if I can swing it, and making up of some still media (posters, photos) and some video. Oh, and it includes making TWO websites, not one but two frigging websites!!!

Now you see why I need money now, eh?

I can do all the work myself, I can make the websites, the videos, I can even get them up online. But I need money to do it all.

I'm thinking about making a kickstarter.Com campaign and trying to raise about $25,000 that way, but I have to be very careful or they will take away my disability cheque and my health coverage. I'm checking into a few things now trying to work it out.

It is so frustrating. You want to get off of disability and you've got a chance at it but if you go for it they penalize so harshly that you can't get ahead. It's so damned frustrating.

Anyway, enough of that. Good night's to all of you out there getting ready for a trip through dreamland. Ciao, everyone.
Magnus

Re: Magnus' Summer Outdoor - Soil 15 AK47, Crit Mass, Ice Bomb, NL, Big Bud, Pin Expr

Hey all,

Got some pics here, but not what you'd think.

Thought I'd show what the plants look like in the morning when they are still covered in plastic and bathed in early morning light. Beautiful, isn't it?

just thought you'd like to see... The land out here sure is pretty.

here they are z (don't the look just like icebergs in the sea of grass and weeds? thought you would see it my way:

DSC_9697.JPG

DSC_9698.JPG

DSC_9699.JPG

DSC_9700.JPG

DSC_9701.JPG

DSC_9702.JPG

DSC_9703.JPG

DSC_9704.JPG

DSC_9705.JPG

There you go. Don't they look grand all covered up in the early morning sunshine. I hope you enjoy the pics. \i thought they had a certain beauty in their own right.

That sounds exactly like my country only if I did what you do so openly, I would be put in prison for years

:)

It is so frustrating. You want to get off of disability and you've got a chance at it but if you go for it they penalize so harshly that you can't get ahead. It's so damned frustrating.

You land sure looks pretty - Feel I should show you my land too :)

I don't have a time machine, still I can show you how my property most likely will look like in exactly one and a half month from now :)
vinter004.jpg

You got no Ying on us, Demille. Well look like that in two months time, too.

So what country do you live in where it is so much more repressive than here? To have you know I don't grow my weed out in the open. Far from it. These pics are taken of a hidden section of our land and if I got caught I'd be thrown in prison for years too. So maybe you don't have it any worse than the rest of us...

Hey, I've decided to enter one of my plants into the Plant of the Month competition. The plant I'm entering is a Pineapple Express and is one of my big beauties, pictured below:

DSC_9706.JPG

And here's a closeup of her flowers as they stand up tonight.

DSC_9707.JPG

So do you think I might win? I hope so. She's a beauty of a plant, big and green and healthy as can be. I think I've got a fighting chance!

Best,
Magnus

Good evening Everyone!

Hope everyone is doing fine. All is well on this end. I've got some pics to show you tonight. All my plants are growing so damned big it is amazing. Seriously. These are some huge plants. I can't even get at the undersides of some of them to clean them out they are so damned overgrown and tangled.

The first pic of the first plant may seem a little "thin". This is because one half the plant broke off with a windstorm we had earlier this year and I wasn't able to repair the plant and so half of it died off. This happened to two more plants, too. Half of the plant just ripped away due to high winds. We have a lot of high winds where I live and they've been wreaking havoc on my plants. So my yield will actually be about 1.5 plants less weed that I should be getting from them, if 1.5 of the plants hadn't been ripped away by the winds.

Okay, so here goes!

This first one (the broken one) is a CBD Critical Mass.

DSC_9708.JPG

This second one is a Pineapple Express (my biggest and most beautiful plant now that my other one got torn in half).

DSC_9709.JPG

DSC_9710.JPG

DSC_9711.JPG

DSC_9712.JPG

DSC_9713.JPG

DSC_9714.JPG

DSC_97161.JPG

The blue plastic curving things stuck on the ends of bamboo lengths are to hold the plastic up and off the plants. Works okay, but we need something better for next year.

These next two pics are of the little plants, the ones that never got planted into anything but pots and bags. They're doing okay, about as good as if they were being grown indoors under electric lights. This last pic is an overview of my "garden" that I've got set up out to the side of my home. Nice, huh?

DSC_97171.JPG

DSC_97181.JPG

DSC_97191.JPG

So there you have 'em, my pics for the night. Hope you enjoyed them!

Best,
Magnus.

And hey, All, don't forget to vote in this month's 420Magazine contests, especially that Plant of the Month contest, eh?

Sure Magnus, I'll head over there now. One of those, PE? , really filled out didn't it! I am going to use an idea from Shiggity Flips and use a turkey bag inside a 5 gallon buckets to store some cured outdoor in. Air tight lid at local home depot was about 10 dollars US. I think they were invented just for us !!

Hey, I love your idea of using the turkey bag inside a 5 gallon pail. I think it will work brilliantly! I'm heading to Home Depot as soon as the end of the month comes. I figure I've got until about the 15th or 17th of next month should be our chopping days, so I might yet have time to get a harvest in before the snow flies. Long range forecasts say we'll not get snow until the week of the 20th. Cutting it close, mind you, eh?

We will see if we make it. We're a little behind schedule because we couldn't afford to purchase the tarps until late and we couldn't put them into flower without those tarps. Hence why were late with flowering this year. I hope they make it. I really do. I've spent some backbreaking work this year to get this grow up and running. Both the wife-bot and I both have.

But I have confidence. Or is it just stupid bravado that I've got...? We will see in the end, now won't we?

Best,
Magnus.

Yeah, weather will move in but I have enjoyed early chopped buds many times for outdoor grows! Sometimes the outdoor never looks ripe but is very potent! Shiggity Flips idea about the 5 gallon lid seals. Look around the paint or bucket section at Lowes or Home Depot...? It has a plastic fitting that snaps onto 5 gall bucket and a o-ring'd lid screws into it- sealed !! It couldn't cost more than $10-15 US or I wouldn't have bought one ! I'm cheap! One large turkey bag lines the whole bucket. Shiggity also said he waits months and manicures the buds as he needs them. He says it improved the cure. I'm trying that with some cured but not trimmed bud, will see this fall/winter/winter/winter!! This harvest I manicured after the 7 day dry and no sticky fingers and easier IMO. Cheers Bud

Hey, that's a great idea about not manicuring your buds right away. I've got over 20 plants, some òf them huge outdoor plants, that will all come ready to harvest within three days of each other. Now knowing that I won't have to manicure it all at the same time seems a great relief.

Thanks for that!

Magnus.

Hi All,

Hey Magnus, I was wondering how you are going to use the crop.

If you are going to process it into oils or other forms, a cursory trim would probably work fine. The buds don't have to be eye candy, just need to dry out without moulding. I don't have experience with big crops, so this is just a thought.

Anybody have thoughts on this?

Peace. :peace:

Hey, that's a great idea about not manicuring your buds right away. I've got over 20 plants, some òf them huge outdoor plants, that will all come ready to harvest within three days of each other. Now knowing that I won't have to manicure it all at the same time seems a great relief.

Thanks for that!

Magnus.

You know, FP, that's totally on the ball right there. Some of it I will undoubtedly use for edibles. Usually I decide after everything is done what portion to send to the proverbial magic butter machine in the sky and what leftovers will be packed into my bong bowl. But why not make that choice before manicuring them and tat would really cut down on your labour when it comes to manicuring those buds that will meet their great butter machine in the sky.

Seems like a no brained to me, FP, Thanks for that.
Magnus.

I've been doctoring some pics in my continued efforts to market Finding Max.

I've taken my own pics and added text from the first chapter of the novel, kinda like the do those pics with inspirational quotes on them.

I'm hoping that the pics will draw people into reading the quotes from the book and those quotes will interest them into purchasing the book. Just quotes from the first chapter. Don't give too much away!

I'm posting them here to see what you all think about the pics, the quotes I've chosen and whether or not you think it will work.

Best,
Magnus

Thanks GreenThunder,

I appreciate your liking my post, rather than flaming me about posting something that has nothing to do with my outdoor grow.

But whoever said that grow journals had only to do with growing weed?

Best,
Magnus.

Hey Magnus! Long time no chat.

Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to show one of your cannabis plants in the background of the second photo; I assume it is​ a cannabis plant?

Hey Magnus! Long time no chat.

Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to show one of your cannabis plants in the background of the second photo; I assume it is​ a cannabis plant?

That's hysterical, actually. This spring, when deciding where to put my potato boxes, we decided not to have these huge boxes all over the yard so we put them near the weed plants. What you're looking at, my dear (if I may call you that on this singular occassion) is the dying vestiges (this pic was taken a few weeks ago) of my potato plants as they were growing from within. Fat lot of good all that growing gave. We were lucky to get one feed of red and yellow potatoes combined. So the wife-bot and I had a good chuckle over the potato boxes mistaken identity.

On a closer look it does look like one of my weed plants because we started getting frosts really early this year and since the potato boxes were so close to the weed we decided to cover them at night, too. Wasn't very hard to build another structure over top of the boxes to keep the tarp from touching the leaves since we were building so many for the weed plants. What were two more structures. You can't see it in this pic but there are actually two potato boxes out to the side of the house, one for red potatoes and one for yellow. Oh, and there's also a plethora of crabgrass and a bunch of those dark green plastic planting pots that I never got around to moving after transplanting all the plants outside. I know that's what they are because they're still damn well sitting there, on the edge of where the potato box sat this summer. At least, one of them.

Alas, all good things must come to an end and so it is with ceiling wax, cockles shells and Potato boxes both in a row. Yes, I'm sad to say that the potato plants finally flowered and so it was time to dismantle the things. They're quite ingenious contraptions, really. You build a base of two by fours but then keep adding on successive borders up only as your plants grow and you need them.

Anyway, mine have been dismantled for the winter and they'll live to see another summer's day. As for me? I hope to live another day too, especially when I tell you all that I've been pulling you leg this whole time.

That is a very fine looking Big Bud specimen growing in the background. I didn't even catch it! Kudos to HashGirl for catching my error. On the other hand, ain't nobody but us chickens here who would be able to figure that out. Wouldn't you agree? And I bet the big clue this was one of my weed plants was because of the blue structure up top that you've seen in my pics before. Was that what gave it away?

Oh, and we did build potato boxes and we DID put them beside the weed plants, but they are at the other end of the garden, not this end.

Hope I've made your night!

Best,
Magnus.

That is a very fine looking Big Bud specimen growing in the background. I didn't even catch it! Kudos to HashGirl for catching my error. On the other hand, ain't nobody but us chickens here who would be able to figure that out. Wouldn't you agree? And I bet the big clue this was one of my weed plants was because of the blue structure up top that you've seen in my pics before. Was that what gave it away?

Oh, and we did build potato boxes and we DID put them beside the weed plants, but they are at the other end of the garden, not this end.

Hope I've made your night!

Best,
Magnus.

That's exactly why I thought it was a cannabis plant because of the blue things. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:rofl::popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom