Making Feminized Seeds Of My Own Auto Strain - Lucky 13 - Using Colloidal Silver

Re: Making feminized seeds of my own auto strain "Lucky 13" using colloidal silver.

My lucky 13 run may be a total bust.

I've been spraying my plant faithfully daily for 25 days, and have yet to see male sacs.

My only explanation is the colloidal silver I'm using has lost it's fizzle.

My colloidal silver is over 9 months old now, and I think it's gone dead.

Lucky for me I've got plenty of regular seeds to start again.

I've upped the number of times I'm spraying to 3 a day, because I might still get something going.

I'm going to order some fresh colloidal silver, and mix a new batch, or maybe rig a colloidal silver generator.

I've got some silver around somewhere I can use, and maybe I can juice this batch up a notch. lol

plants-6.png

Still I'm kinda bummed out tho! :(

BUt the worst thing that could happen is I'll have some seed free bud!

Maybe they'll end up being seeds in the plant I'm spraying.

Re: Making feminized seeds of my own auto strain "Lucky 13" using colloidal silver.

So sorry my friend!

Well, there's always a positive to be found in grow problems....learning is the best one. Let's hope you can still pull it off! And it's good to know that even if the seeding doesn't work you can still gain something from the plants. :thumb:
Do you think refrigerating the silver mix would help, or have you tried that already? Just curious how it would hold up doing that.
I have mine all mixed and ready to go.
Oh, do you shake the stuff up before you spray it on the plants? I don't remember if you mentioned that.

I've read not to refrigerate your colloidal silver, because that actually shortens it's lifetime. I've kept mine in a sock drawer. Don't keep it to hot, or cold, and keep it outta the light. I was wondering if I needed to get some fresh colloidal silver before I did my Pink Salad really. It just worked so well I thought it was still plenty good. I got it a long time ago when I was researching this whole thing, and experimenting with bagseed. It worked well back then, and I started looking at auto strains. After regular seed breeding my pink salad, and months of growing it out I decided it was time to try, and make female seeds. Maybe letting air in the bottle caused what was left of the CS to dissipate? idk. I'm spraying it anyway while I think up my next move.

Here's a close up of the plant I've been spraying.

It's got the tightest bud of all the plants, and is frosty from top to bottom.

frosty13.png

I can see the pistils are withering. Almost looks like a seed in the center.

Nice Happy Tokerday Toker :high-five:

I really don't think so, but thanks for your concern my friend. It's Ok really, because I've got about 800 of these seeds in regular flavor! I just have smoke these buds this time I think. I'll check that colloidal silver sprayed plant out good later. It may have sacs, and seeds inside. It's strange cuz it's bud is really fat, and dense, and all the other plants are not there yet. They still have 20, or so days until I expect them to look like it does. It's just under CFL's tho, and the rest are under HPS.

its late enough for me to say Happy Weednsday :thumb:
Have a good one Toker

Yes I've spotted two pollen sacs!

SACS.png

Two's not much, but it gives me hope. I'm still spraying. :)

Awesome! Two is better than zip and downright encouraging to continue! :cheer:

Yeah and who knows what's hidden inside, or about to pop out! It may only get enough to self pollinate, but I'm definitely going to get some fresh colloidal silver before my next grow. haha

Probably a good idea to recharge your silver with fresh stuff. :thumb:

When I made my seeds I was taking pics through the whole process and by the looks of what was viewable I thought I would only wind up with 20 or so seeds on the branch. It was over 100 because most of them were hidden close to the stem. It's like unwrapping a Christmas present. :xmas:

Happy Weednsday Toker :thumb:

The photoperiod seed, or the auto? The autos I grow are from regular seeds. I have to sex them before spraying. So around day seventeen I started spraying after pistils showed. If you're doing a self pollination you might grow it out even more to get a better size plant to divide. :)

Back
Top Bottom