Making Feminized Seeds Of My Own Auto Strain - Lucky 13 - Using Colloidal Silver

Re: Making feminized seeds of my own auto strain "Lucky 13" using colloidal silver.

Happy Skunkday Toker :thumb:

Re: Making feminized seeds of my own auto strain "Lucky 13" using colloidal silver.

Hey toker!
What's your personal method for collecting pollen? I'm looking for easier ways.
Thanks!
I'm ordering some Colloidal silver and some dessicant gel packs today. Getting ready for feminizing seeds and storing some pollen!

Oh, and how many grams are your dessicant packs?

Hey toker!
What's your personal method for collecting pollen? I'm looking for easier ways.
Thanks!
I'm ordering some Colloidal silver and some dessicant gel packs today. Getting ready for feminizing seeds and storing some pollen!

Oh, and how many grams are your dessicant packs?

I got the three gram size of the Dry&dry 100 pack. I waited for the pollen sacs to open naturally. After a bit of practice I could grab the back end of the sac with tweezers, and would tap the open end of the sac on the edge of my paper envelope. Sometimes ramming the sac into the side of the inside of the envelope would set loose a pollen downpour. I think it would crush the thing holding, and producing it. It did kinda stick onto the side of the paper, but all the tapping sent it downward. After a while I could see a tiny visible mound in the bottom I'd fold it close, and start another.

The sac flower still has even more, so I'd gently place them face down on a bud. After removing hours later i'd see a yellow outline of dropped pollen. All of my buds got sacs on them.

I don't recommend drying pollen outside of refrigeration. I place gathered packs in a mason jar with about 25 of my desiccant packs, and put them right into the fridge. Be sure to tweeze out any plant matter. The green stuff, or sacs will hold water, and ruin your stash.

Thanks Toker69! I'm going to try something similar to that tonight with the remainder of the sacs. ;-) I got a LOT of pollen off this plant this time, but I want to get as much as I can. I have a plan....LOL
And I ordered the dessicant gel packs too.
You're awesomely helpful. :thumb:

I edited and wrote more. I hope you read it all. :)

Thanks for updating. I'll get that pollen into the fridge tonight. It's been in a back bathroom that is kind of cold anyway, but I don't want to chance it going bad. Yeah, the green stuff was picked out last night. That's what got me thinking there has to be an easier way than to have to pick out these tiny casings. LOL I'll put some rice pieces into the container wrapped in a piece of TP until I get my dessicant packs in.
:thumb:

After a week, or two of slow refrigerated drying it's time to freeze your samples. I like film canisters, or prescription vials. Paper containers inside them with a desiccant. Maybe just one sample in each might be best. Pulling them out, and back into the freezer could be bad. Let the packet warm up before use. Frozen pollen might shatter if warmed to fast.

Both film canisters, and prescription vials can be found on amazon.

i found a pic of my lazy mans way of pollen collection, the best way is if you know its a male you can lst it to this shape but this works well, you lay out a tray cookie sheet or something lay some waxed paper on it, supercrop the main stalk and couple times a day a light tap with a pencil and every few days swap out the paper, then i run it thru a kitchen strainer to get the petals leaves etc. out and into a storage container, i make envelopes with waxed paper and write the date etc ,i mix my pollen with about 20% diatomaceous earth (food grade) for a great desiccant and it dilutes the pollen so i can get better mileage (only need a tiny bit of pollen for a grip of beans) i have pollen thats 3 yrs old thats still viable because of my insane storage method heres a pic
DSCI13311 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery
DSCI13311.JPG

i found a pic of my lazy mans way of pollen collection, the best way is if you know its a male you can lst it to this shape but this works well, you lay out a tray cookie sheet or something lay some waxed paper on it, supercrop the main stalk and couple times a day a light tap with a pencil and every few days swap out the paper, then i run it thru a kitchen strainer to get the petals leaves etc. out and into a storage container, i make envelopes with waxed paper and write the date etc ,i mix my pollen with about 20% diatomaceous earth (food grade) for a great desiccant and it dilutes the pollen so i can get better mileage (only need a tiny bit of pollen for a grip of beans) i have pollen thats 3 yrs old thats still viable because of my insane storage method heres a pic

:thanks: BID! The kitchen mesh strainer!! Why the heck didn't I think of that last night while I was painstakingly picking out those empty hulls with tweezers and trying shake pollen off them?? :rofl:
Thanks for sharing your method. :thumb:
I like your dilution mix a lot better than the flour that I've been reading of doing.

After a week, or two of slow refrigerated drying it's time to freeze your samples. I like film canisters, or prescription vials. Paper containers inside them with a desiccant. Maybe just one sample in each might be best. Pulling them in, and outta the freezing cold might be bad. Let the packet warm up before use. Frozen pollen might shatter if warmed to fast.

Both film canisters, and prescription vials can be found on amazon.
I have one better Toker, I was given a whole box of small seed vials and plastic pharma bottles from a nursery that went out of biz a few years ago. I knew I would find a use for those someday. ;-) thanks!

I was reading in another forum where someone was using disposable contact lens cases. They are fairly small, and airtight. Just putting that out there also. You never know who might read this stuff. Even years from now. :)

i found a pic of my lazy mans way of pollen collection, the best way is if you know its a male you can lst it to this shape but this works well, you lay out a tray cookie sheet or something lay some waxed paper on it, supercrop the main stalk and couple times a day a light tap with a pencil and every few days swap out the paper, then i run it thru a kitchen strainer to get the petals leaves etc. out and into a storage container, i make envelopes with waxed paper and write the date etc ,i mix my pollen with about 20% diatomaceous earth (food grade) for a great desiccant and it dilutes the pollen so i can get better mileage (only need a tiny bit of pollen for a grip of beans) i have pollen thats 3 yrs old thats still viable because of my insane storage method

Looks good buddie, but I don't like the wax paper. I think the paper should be porous. To allow moisture to leave the pollen, and be absorbed by the desiccant. That diatomaceous earth is made up of sharp edges. That's why it kills bugs like mites. That and drying them out. I'd be afraid of it having a grinding action on the pollen. Also of smoking bud pollinated with it. For me it's kinda scary stuff. How might I be exposed to diatomaceous earth?

Hey hey Toker,
The link you provided, I haven't read it completely through..but is that referring to "food grade"?
I have only ever heard of Diatomaceous earth being used for bug control in the soil, KingJohnC posts about it a lot.
Never knew it was made in a food grade. I'll read further. ;-)

Further reading shows, yes it is used in foods and alcohols as clarifiers...and in skin care products. FDA lists it as "generally safe".
Good reading, thanks Toker!

The yellow dye in mac-n-cheese is food grade here in the US, and banned worldwide. Diatomaceous earth is considered safe as food additive. Smoking it also? Well maybe not. Like it was saying in that article it gave rabbits lung cancer.

Okay Toker69 my friend.....I have a feminized auto seed (DinaFem Fruit automatic) in water this morning in addition to another strain (Dinafem Royal Haze). I'm going to go for the gold and try some seed making again. I'll be referring to this journal often I'm sure. My Silver has been ordered and by the time it gets here, I should have a sprout or two waiting to be drenched. LOL
:thumb:
What do you suppose would happen if I crossed one of these with some Master Kush pollen? LOL I'm just itching for experimenting.

I'd suggest self pollinating each plant. Get pure bred seeds first. After you have hundreds do all the crosses you like. The colloidal silver drips downward. So you have to choose some lower branches to change sex on only part of the plant. Try to change only the top, and you'll change mostly all of it. Mark off what you're spraying with twist ties, or something. You know they are female so a day, or two before flower start spraying your chosen branch nodes. I remember when KingJohnC did his Silver Thiosulfate experiment he reversed sex on a small female clone. The plant was "fully reversed" yet it still produced about 100 seeds. I suggest to keep spraying until sacs start popping open.

I'd suggest self pollinating each plant. Get pure bred seeds first. After you have hundreds do all the crosses you like. The colloidal silver drips downward. So you have to choose some lower branches to change sex on only part of the plant. Try to change only the top, and you'll change mostly all of it. Mark off what you're spraying with twist ties, or something. You know they are female so a day, or two before flower start spraying your chosen branch nodes. I remember when KingJohnC did his Silver Thiosulfate experiment he reversed sex on a small female clone. The plant was "fully reversed" yet it still produced about 100 seeds. I suggest to keep spraying until sacs start popping open.

Okay, you're pulling me into unknown territory now.....LOL
Do you mean by Rhodelisation?

Naw I read about that, and it's not that at all.

You can change each plant to half female, and half male. Spray the lower branches only, and get male type sacs.

Use the pollen they produce to pollinate the top buds of the same plant. It's called self pollinating. :)

Back
Top Bottom