Male?

Hey everyone, first time growing regular seeds, I'm growing DJ Shorts flo f5, its roughly about 4 to 5 weeks in veg and topped and its showing white hairs. Talking to some guys at work male will show white hairs real early in grow, any thoughts? I personally think (pray) its a female.

20220312_191127.jpg

20220312_190507.jpg

20220312_190456.jpg

Talking to some guys at work male will show white hairs real early in grow, any thoughts?

Don't ask them for advice on this stuff? ;) :rofl: if I male shows pistils it's not a male as it would be a Hermie as the pistils a female part.

Thanks all, thats what I thought, getting some purple stems but it is a purple plant?? Leaves not showing much except a yellowing on new growth, but it is growing fast.
Your plant looks quite nice, purple stems can be (and often are) genetic. Now, on the second picture, at the right side of the picture just above where the leaf (?) was removed and directly across the picture from the pistil there's an odd looking structure, could very well be a unopened caylx, but it also looks a little like a "ball", just keep an eye on it. Everything else is definitely female.

Your plant looks quite nice, purple stems can be (and often are) genetic. Now, on the second picture, at the right side of the picture just above where the leaf (?) was removed and directly across the picture from the pistil there's an odd looking structure, could very well be a unopened caylx, but it also looks a little like a "ball", just keep an eye on it. Everything else is definitely female.
I noticed that too after,I don't think that's a ball will definitely watch it... thanks!!

Thanks all, thats what I thought, getting some purple stems but it is a purple plant?? Leaves not showing much except a yellowing on new growth, but it is growing fast.
Its a female and dont worry about color of stems unless your plant is showing some growth issues and its not so the purple stem is genetic and nothing to do with nutrient deficit.

Tip: Kelp meal has every micro and macro nutrient a plant needs to live and thrive. Along with EWC is about as good as it gets (next to leaf mold) for a soil amendment. Will solve all your conceived issues true or otherwise.

Talking to some guys at work male will show white hairs real early in grow, any thoughts?
You should place a wager with your advisors. A male plant will never show pistils.
Don't ask them for advice on this stuff? ;) :rofl: if I male shows pistils it's not a male as it would be a Hermie as the pistils a female part.

Cannabis is a remarkable plant with many unique adaptations usually only rarely seen presented in higher species.

A genetically male plant should not produce female pre flowers white pistils.

If due to light stress induced, temperature stress induced, humidity stress induced or nutrient induced stress a genetically female plant may either express the cannabis plants gender preference to switch gender expression and produce female pollen sacks or present as intersex expressing a preference of both female pre flower white pistils and stress induced female pollen sacks.

In the photographs the cannabis plan is displaying female pre flower white pistils

Please see this photograph which show the defined areas of the early female cannabis pref flower.

full

When your cannabis plant is sexually mature and ready to flower the plant shall display these at the upper new growth areas adjacent to the nodes on the plants branches and stem.

If a immature plant is forced to flower both the the growth and harvested quantity are stunted.

Back
Top Bottom