Mars 2 LED Beginners Grow - FFOF - DWC

Week 21 update

So the plants are looking nice and the buds are starting to fill in. Golden goat has the bigger buds so far but is still yellowing just like her mother so im thinking i need to give both strains there own feeding amounts. the Roslyn Road is looking amazing still but the buds dont seem to be filling in as much as expected but with at least 4 more weeks to go i expect that the tight inter nodes with meet and make some really nice colas. the frost is looking nice on both and you can see it better in the vids which i think is a little weird.

i gave both a gallon of water with florakleen PH'd at 5.5 and the golden goat runoff was at 5.8 so that seems pretty normal but the Roslyn road came out at 5.3 so im going to make sure the res im using is PH'd at 5.8 everyday and give them i nice feeding tomorrow.

Both under the mars 144x5

IMG_013339.JPG
IMG_013534.JPG
IMG_015643.JPG
IMG_015545.JPG

Roslyn Road
IMG_013742.JPG
IMG_013837.JPG
IMG_013939.JPG
IMG_014036.JPG
IMG_014140.JPG
IMG_014236.JPG
IMG_014339.JPG

Golden Goat

IMG_014436.JPG
IMG_014537.JPG
IMG_014851.JPG
IMG_014947.JPG
IMG_015036.JPG
IMG_014643.JPG
IMG_015149.JPG
IMG_015235.JPG

Yellow Leaves
IMG_014739.JPG

The pump that im using the the 2 plants is way to powerful and i will be using it for 4 plants next grow in a 4x4 and i believe that it would work best with 8 plants with drippers that will drip water around your entire pot if possible to make sure water gets everywhere in the pot.

Res water PH: 5.6-5.8

Gen Hydro Perf Pack nutes at full strenth with 1 Tablespoon Epsom Salts added

:circle-of-love: thanks for the updation. Is the yellow leaves normal?

hello Sara, thanx for stopping in! And the yellowing is not normal at all, I did check the runoff PH and it was a little off so I did a light flush with some florakleen and so far it seems to be yellowing less so we'll see what happens.

I always seem to have problems about half way through flower hopefully this time it won't progress to badly. I'll keep you posted on how the light flush and PH adjustment goes

ok conferred with someone on the temps to press
you can from 265 to 320
if you press on 320 no longer than 3 seconds
but you can press it more than once to get it all out
just move it to a new spot on the parchment
I have even folded the chip in half before the second press
and I do use a quik grip bar clamp
ive pressed on 280 and the smell is nicer on the cooler temp so im gonna assume your saving more terpenes and flavor with the lower temps
these are all In f not c

Congrats!!!

Thanx man :thanks:

ok conferred with someone on the temps to press
you can from 265 to 320
if you press on 320 no longer than 3 seconds
but you can press it more than once to get it all out
just move it to a new spot on the parchment
I have even folded the chip in half before the second press
and I do use a quik grip bar clamp
ive pressed on 280 and the smell is nicer on the cooler temp so im gonna assume your saving more terpenes and flavor with the lower temps
these are all In f not c

thanx for the info man im not getting the best results right now with the rosin tech but im going tho get an IR thermomiter and try to perfect it, right now im just messing around with some temps to see if im maybe pressing to long or too hot but ill get it down :Namaste:

so how much longer do you think you have in flower? my scrog is still in veg and I also just started a new grow journal for the autos I will be growing in my veg tent

im going to keep these plants in flower for another 2 1/5 weeks maybe 4 weeks for the golden goat as it looks more sativa like. and i actually just ordered some autoflower seeds from genofarms and will post when i get them in :high-five: i think you should be fine with your auto's just remember to keep them in 18/6 until they are done and i would pull them when you get almost no noticable clear trichs and mostly cloudy IMO

Week 22 update with a smoke report on the Kosher Kush, i will be uploading pics as soon as the site stops kicking me off every time i try to upload a pic

Week 22 update: week 6 flower

so i think i found out what is causing the yellowing in both plants. yesterday while watering my plants i tested my Kosher Kush's runoff which came back at 5.8 so no issue there but both the golden goat and roslyn road gave readings of 4.7-4.8 so the PH is WAY to low. i flushed today with 8 gallons of water PH'd at 6 and then gave a 1/2 strength feeding. not a whole lot happening, the buds are filling in but slowly and i think that is def due to PH. Rolsyn is foxtailing like crazy and is not bulking up as much as i would like, the hairs are starint to turn a bright neon orange that is beautiful and the leaves are starting to fade into a nice purple/red color but i hope the stay good with the flush for another 3-4 weeks.

Both plants

IMG_024344.JPG
IMG_024447.JPG
IMG_024549.JPG

Roslyn's Road

IMG_024640.JPG
IMG_024742.JPG
IMG_024847.JPG
IMG_024935.JPG
IMG_025041.JPG
IMG_025142.JPG
IMG_025241.JPG
IMG_025345.JPG
IMG_025444.JPG
IMG_025541.JPG

Golden Goat

IMG_025642.JPG
IMG_025745.JPG
IMG_025848.JPG
IMG_025945.JPG
IMG_026043.JPG
IMG_026145.JPG
IMG_026245.JPG
IMG_026339.JPG

and finally something ive been meaning to do for a while now. after talking with hockybry on :420: he was kind enough to send me some seeds that he has been messing around with. the strains are northern lightsxHaze and MalawixHaze, i will be growing the Malawi hybrid as his grow looked outstanding and he says he got some 10 gram buds from the strain so i hope i get a phyno that gives some nice big frosty nugs

he shipped them very nicely as the first time he sent them they were crushed, i HATE USPS they have ruined multiple nutrients ive ordered but hockybry was nice enough to send some more seeds. thanx man.

WP_000729.jpg
WP_000730.jpg
WP_0007312.jpg
WP_0007322.jpg
WP_0007351.jpg

and finally ive ordered some seeds from a seedbank so i am very excited to be adding my first real genetics to my growing and will be making a separate journal for that grow. the seeds are going to be Purple Haze Auto and Thunder Haze Auto from sonorra seeds. i chose autos as they are a quick grow that i can keep under 18/6 without having to worry to much of light leaks. i really want to get a perfect grow under my belt and feel that a beginner auto would be the way to go. ill update once i get the seeds though :Namaste:

so how much longer do you think you have in flower? my scrog is still in veg and I also just started a new grow journal for the autos I will be growing in my veg tent

i would say i am going to give roslyn 3 more weeks at least as she looks more indica and 4-5 weeks for the golden goat as she is more on the sativa side and i made my way over and your plants are looking good man :goodjob:

They are beautiful!!! :thumb:

thank you sir :Namaste:

You making good videos, excellent work. :bongrip:

I value good taste of ganja very high(do like old school strains alot)

After watching must read more about curing though,didn't know can take that long, after 10 days dry hanging in box cut the nugs today.
(Already smoking and loving it but a little bit harsh)

--------------------

And plants looking great. :thumb:

Nice collection of chosen seeds , looking forward to progress.

:popcorn:

You making good videos, excellent work. :bongrip:

I value good taste of ganja very high(do like old school strains alot)

After watching must read more about curing though,didn't know can take that long, after 10 days dry hanging in box cut the nugs today.
(Already smoking and loving it but a little bit harsh)

--------------------

And plants looking great. :thumb:

Nice collection of chosen seeds , looking forward to progress.

:popcorn:

Thank you very much, i enjoy making the videos and it helps me show the plants better i feel. i hope to be on more often but work is more and more demanding but i did get a promotion so hopefully i will be able to invest a little more in my setup for temp and humidity control then maybe one really big grow tent for my room.. lol im medicated and rambling sorry, :Namaste: thank you for stopping bye and ill have to look at your garden tomorrow morning

:circle-of-love: great to know the yellow problem has solved. The flower are very beautiful!:cheer:

yes the yellowing was slowing and with this flush it should be getting much better i feel, i really like the way the flowers are looking too!! growing with your lights has been amazing :thanks:

Week 23 update

Welcome back everyone, i hope everyones garden is looking good and thank you for stopping by today :thanks:. I have some good news, it seems the PH issue has been resolved. i have only had to pull abut 2-3 leaves since doing the flush and i was pulling that amount a day before dong the flush so i think that has finally been fixed. but the damage has been done the yellow leaves are not going to come back and because its so far in flower its not going to grow any more leaves just bud development and that also has been affected due to the PH issue. i am now getting runoff at 5.8 when i have the water PH'd at 6 so maybe still a little low but the plants seem happier. the golden goat has the bigger buds but is also looking the most affected by the PH problem i had, the majority of the leaves are yellowing and have brown spots but the buds still seem to be growing the buds are actually flopping over and i had to post them up with pipe cleaners. roslyns road is looking beautiful still but not bulking up in the buds as much as i thought it would and is foxtailing like crazy. the hairs are an awesome neon orange with good trich coverage. im now giving these plants 1/2 strength nutes still from the gen hydro perf pack with epsom salts added.

here are both plants before i put supports on the golden goat to hold it up.

IMG_027233.JPG
IMG_027438.JPG

Roslyn Road
IMG_027643.JPG
IMG_027746.JPG
IMG_027940.JPG
IMG_028035.JPG
IMG_028240.JPG
IMG_028342.JPG
IMG_028436.JPG
IMG_028535.JPG

golden goat before support
IMG_028738.JPG
IMG_029230.JPG

after support
IMG_030035.JPG
IMG_029329.JPG
IMG_029424.JPG
IMG_029531.JPG
IMG_029636.JPG
IMG_029738.JPG
IMG_029836.JPG
IMG_029933.JPG
IMG_030140.JPG

i should be getting my seeds this week so ill hopefully have them going by the time im chopping roslyn down, im going to give her another week and a half (9 weeks) along with the seeds i got from hockybry. and the golden goat i will give about 11-12 weeks as see still has some clear trichs and no amber and roslyn has no visible clear and a few amber trichs already. hope you all like the pics and the grow :Namaste: i will hpoefully be able to be on more often once work lightens up a little

Back
Top Bottom