Mars 2 LED Beginners Grow - FFOF - DWC

and the weekly vid, there are some good shots of the male flowers as well

To chop or not to chop?

Nanners!

You could try to pick them out, but they'll start appearing in groves from this point out. Had a couple show on my Papayas late in the game - Ms. Road is making one last ditch effort to have some babies. Worst case is that you get a bunch of feminized/Hermie seeds. Breeders use collodial silver to get female plants to produce males parts and pollinate themselves. If you used femanized seed, then those same genetics could still be around. Personally, I'd chop, but do what feels best.

Re: To chop or not to chop?

*nanners, phone word replace lol

lol i hate my phone for that!! and thanx for the input

Gotta chop em homie...male flowers for sure.... I've seen it really often with those really late stage growth bursts...I've had it happen to me when I'm still giving near full strength nute doses in very late bloom...

ya i had heard that alot after doing some research lol im going to take some time off work and pull her tomorrow!! haha im stoked my work is being way cool about it

QUOTE=MysterySeeds;2606112]Nanners!

You could try to pick them out, but they'll start appearing in groves from this point out. Had a couple show on my Papayas late in the game - Ms. Road is making one last ditch effort to have some babies. Worst case is that you get a bunch of feminized/Hermie seeds. Breeders use collodial silver to get female plants to produce males parts and pollinate themselves. If you used femanized seed, then those same genetics could still be around. Personally, I'd chop, but do what feels best.[/QUOTE]

ya im going to pull her tomorrow man, i dont need anymore seeds right now and the quality looks like it probably wont get to much better so im going to pull and hope for 2+ OZ's lol but we'll see

So i decided to pull Roslyn today so the male flowers dont pollenate any plants but i feel she was ready. i looked through my microscope and there were spots where i couldnt see any amber trichs and other where there were almost 50% amber so im sure it'll be some nice smoke but it's weird to see such a big variety on the same bud even. here are a few shots of her as i was pulling her.

IMG_039345.JPG
IMG_039433.JPG
IMG_039536.JPG
IMG_039732.JPG
IMG_039928.JPG
IMG_040235.JPG

the golden goat is really starting to fade as well but i want to try to give her another week if possible but if she doenst look like she'll make it that far ill probably pull her in the next 2-3 days we'll see

I spy a Walmart bucket lol I got the same ones nice harvest bro I still have some time before I can get my next crop best of luck with your other plant

haha ya man walmart is really the cheapest! and thank you man i actually pulled her a few days ago and forgot to take pics. ill post my last vid but im sorry for missing the final cut for the journal

She was a beautiful plant! Buds are gonna look tasty......... :drool:

thank you man i think she was a great plant and cant wait to see the final product!

Ok everyone today will be the final post related to the actual grow! i pulled the golden goat plant 3 days ago at day 66 as i spotted some bud rot on one the branches. the LED light really makes the white strands really stand out so im glad i caught it fast and nothing else seems to be affected. im thinking that i should pull about 2 OZ from each plant so right around 1/2 a gram per watt again on this grow which is not bad with only 2 plants in the grow and growing them with minimal training.

i did make a vid for the harvest so ill post that up for anyone that is interested. i would like to thank anyone that has stuck though the grow. i konw that this hasnt been a perfect grow and i've changed too many things to count from the begining of the grow and learned so much. i hope everyone enjoyed the ride and experiance that this grow provided. i will be started my next journal in the next few days as i have already germ'd my auto flowers and they are all in there final pots just waiting for there first little leaves to pop up ill post pics and a link once i start the journal

Don't be shy about putting your next journal link up on my journal arellanobrian I'll be along to sub. Shame to hear about the powdery mildew but luckily you caught that in time. Good luck on the quarter pound target :thumb:

ok every one getting close to ending this journal!! hope you guys got a chance to check out the auto grow. i have dyed and trimmed both the golden goat and roslyn road, i did find several more buds on the golden goat that had some powdery mildew so far i would say i have had to toss at lease 7 grams dried and im afraid to find my golden goat jars covered in that nasty white fibrous stuff!! but in a few days ill have some final weights.

here are some picks of the roslyn road trim, buds and jarring
IMG_044331.JPG
IMG_044431.JPG
IMG_044528.JPG
IMG_045229.JPG
IMG_045130.JPG
IMG_046534.JPG
IMG_046642.JPG
IMG_046232.JPG

Sorry to hear about the mildew problems man. That blows!

Sorry to hear about the mildew problems man. That blows!

it happens man, im not going to do a final weight on the plants as ive started smoking some of the roslyn road and i've lost at least a 1/4 of the golden goat to teh mildew. if i had to guess i would say i got at least 5 OZ so about 1/2 gram per watt this time around too but i think i got bigger buds and less fluffy nugs with the SCROG. i will be making a final smoke report vid ill post here and some final nug shots hopefully

and i went to a friends house today and got a few pics of his outdoor garden
IMG_050136.JPG
IMG_050226.JPG
IMG_050325.JPG
IMG_050426.JPG
IMG_050526.JPG
IMG_050624.JPG
IMG_050731.JPG
IMG_050828.JPG
IMG_051030.JPG
IMG_051139.JPG
IMG_051228.JPG
IMG_051327.JPG
IMG_051434.JPG
IMG_051535.JPG
IMG_051634.JPG
IMG_051732.JPG
IMG_051832.JPG
lolo_s_garden_end.JPG

Congrats with harvest, 0.5gr/w is still good result :thumb:

I would try LST training, and defol only for scrog, not top,fim ect.
Kept bending this grow the top below so she grows more horizontal, and lower branches get stronger faster, some become same thick. :high-five:

----------------

And nice garden-plants there at your friends place. :bravo:

Ok everyone this will my last post for the official journal, like i said i lost quite a bit of buds to mildew and smoked some of roslyn already so i wont be giving any weights but i would say 5-6 oz after the everything is what it looks like in the jars and the quality looks amazing like always. thanx for anyone thats joined me on this grow and i hope i helped someone out there with there own grow or with info on the mars led lights! :Namaste:

Roslyn Road buds

road_buds_5.JPG
road_buds_4.JPG
road_buds_3.JPG
road_buds_2.JPG
road_buds.JPG

Golden Goat Buds
golden_goat_buds.JPG
goat_buds_4.JPG
goat_buds_3.JPG
goat_buds_2.JPG

Back