Mars Hydro - Cookies Kush

green pics

20160526_200852_1_.jpg
20160526_200839_1_.jpg
20160526_200816_1_.jpg

I cannot tell for sure from the picture (poor eyesight), but is that a Mars-Hydro tent? How do you like it? Have you used other grow tents, that you can compare it to? What size is it? How many doors? Does it have windows? If so, how many (and can you use them to reach in and access your garden, or do they have transparent plastic blocking access)? Any light leaks? How "wrinkly" is the reflective surface after putting one together? How reflective does it seem to be? Better than that "insulated duct-wrap" that many seem to use? Do you think it is almost as good (or, perhaps, even better) than a very smooth and properly prepped/primed wall that has been painted with a very bright (such as "titanium white") flat paint?

Dear Tortured Soul, This is a small 6x8 grow room with that foil covered insulation ( not code for commercial grow!) For commercial code you will need 5/8 sheet rock and with the exterior rated white primer to resist humidity (nasty stuff that type primer hard on eyes and lungs) or you could use Mylar over the gypsum (dry wall ) but I think the white paint is just as good for reflecting light. Professional photographers use white paint in their photo boxes. Not even sure that those tents would be code for commercial grow. Never used a tent. That Mars logo in the
pic came off a mars 1200 LED. She said put the Mars logo in the photo for photo contest, yeah?

Did you start them with leds or cfls? I need advice on how high to have my 400w from my seedlings.

Bud if your sprouts or seedlings are growing slow then it may be environmental or ec or ferts . Mars led will grow a denser (not so stretchy) bush but it should be growing fast. I used to use dwc ( very fast growth) but switched to coco/peat mix (still fast with less root issues) mixed with additives and a good organic blend of fertilizar like botnicartanical . Backyard
Dirt that is too wet may cause slow growth as well for young plant. How far away is your light from seedlings?

I used to use dwc ( very fast growth) but switched to coco/peat mix (still fast with less root issues) mixed with additives and a good organic blend of fertilizar like botnicartanical .

You had root issues with DWC? Was it due to poor oxygenation or something to do with using organics?

dear tortured soul, I believe it had to do with water temps as I had no chiller and also my experimenting with adding molasses towards the end of the bud cycle. In the coco/peat mix with additives I never worried about higher temps in the root zone and I add tea made of molasses and compost/alfalfa etc regularly and the plants love it. I may NLB except for making clones I will use DWC.

Did you start them with leds or cfls? I need advice on how high to have my 400w from my seedlings.

if it's the 400w series mars I have the same light I started it at about 65cm (25 inches) from the surface of the soil and let them grow into the light. now that they've gotten a bit bigger my light is around 55cm (21.5ish inches) from the tops of plants running a full spectrum.

that's awesome on the clones man I can't clone worth a shit I managed to keep one once but I've given up on them :goodjob:

They look good. Is that a Milwaukee Instruments pH600 (or Chinese knockoff of same)?

BtW, is this a one-shot deal or are you going to continue this journal? If the latter, you might use the Report Post function on one of your posts to ask a staff member to move your journal out of the "Complete" section and back into the "Current" one.

Back
Top Bottom