Mars Hydro is looking for product reviewer

:cheer:I got tagged.:thanks:
LMAO! Up until the beginning of this year, I'd have offered to flip a coin for the chance to be the one who posted that. Up until recently, I'd have wholeheartedly agreed. But now... Santa Claus might leave an autoflowering seed under my tree this year. I was just thinking that if I won a 4'x4' grow tent AND a light hefty enough to cover the entire area in light... that I might park the auto in a corner during the regular phototropic plants' vegetative growth period. Unless, well, I could resist the urge until Spring and then go stick the seed down at the big planter in front of the entrance to city hall ;) .

You are both very kind. And thanks to everyone who mentioned me.

@SmokeSara

Tag, you're it!

That wouldn't work for me, because THIS is my (virtual) home. Besides, "cheating" on 420 Magazine would be like cheating on a spouse - and I never did that.

:circle-of-love:That light is awesome.:cheer:
I would love the chance to review the light and tent!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm sure you are with good experience with autos.:bravo:
Well a real grower can control the height of there plants no need for autos . Waste of money and effort . If u want a small plant flip 12/12 from seed . Not hard at all

From Balls deep in buds

:thumb:You like experiment,that is great.We only get the accurate result on countless experiments.:bravo:
Yes - and a real grower (err... what?) can also flower a plant in the midst of the vegetative room, and outside in the late Spring (and into early Summer). I know, because I've done both. But managing to be there every twelve hours on the dot to stick the upside-down 30-gallon aluminum trash can over the one in the vegetative area was a PitA, and doing the same thing outside kind of blew "stealth" right out of the water.

So there are situations where having a plant flower under ~16 hours light on its own could be handy.

But I'm still a phototropic kind of guy. There's nothing wrong with trying - and learning - something new, though. And I figure if people are going to ask me about the things (which they do from time to time), I should probably get at least one and grow it so I can do more than just speculate.

:circle-of-love:
I've grown a few and there alright but not worth the money . If u do it right get 2 or 3 oz per plant . If u break it down electricity , nutes , time break it down per oz costs to much . If u scrog one photo plant give 6 weeks of veg and get 12 to 14 oz . You do the maths

From Balls deep in buds

Magic bean will do magic...:volcano-smiley:
I was thinking that this winter I want to grow some of the f-1 seeds out that I crossed trying find that Magic bean

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Mars Hydro
I would love to try this. I just purchased one of your lights and getting set to run a new batch of clones and some from seed. Your awesome tent and light would really set my new project off!

hum...watermelon is delicious...i like strawberry more.:cheer:
I can grow anything you would like in it.. Heck i can grow some watermelons if you need :high-five: I have some Headband on the way :volcano-smiley: @ Thebeast27 @Tarheelgrower

:welcome:welcome to Mars family.:cheer:
Hey Mars Hydro
I would love to try this. I just purchased one of your lights and getting set to run a new batch of clones and some from seed. Your awesome tent and light would really set my new project off!

I recently placed an order from Mars for an Old Mars300 from amazon, came in in great shape, would love to add the tent to it and definitely the bigger light ahahh.. but all in all haven't set up the new stuff but looks great and can't wait to set it all up...

I just completed a breeding project with a photo to Auto.

How many generations did it take you to "fix" the a-f gene so that you get consistent 99.whatever% auto-flowering, five or six, or...?

Auto-flowering varieties are useful for midsummer harvests - when started in the springtime in temperate climates - and allow for outdoor flowering in areas with a short growing season. This auto-flowering trait traces its roots back to Cannabis ruderalis.

For every simple Mendelian trait, there are two genes. Each gene comes in a dominant and a recessive form; an important thing to note is that the auto-flowering trait is recessive. If the auto-flowering trait is labeled with 'As', the dominant form is expressed by the capital 'A', and a lower-cased 'a' is used to represent the recessive form.

For a given plant, these genes will be in one of four combinations:

AA: 'True-bred' not to auto-flower (homozygous for photo-dependence)
Aa: Heterogeneous for auto-flowering, and since the dominant form is not to auto-flower, the plant will be photo-dependent
aA: Heterogeneous for auto-flowering, and since the dominant form is not to auto-flower, the plant will be photo-dependent
aa: 'True-bred' for auto-flowering (homozygous against photo-dependence)

Cannabis will breed 'true' for the auto-flowering trait if both parents show the trait.
Since auto-flowering traits will only appear in the plant if it was 'true-bred' for auto-flowering, any two auto-flowering plants that are crossed will have auto-flowering offspring. This is because for the mother and father to both show the trait, they must both be 'aa' for that trait. There are four combinations possible (aa, aa, aa or aa), but in each case, each parent contributes the recessive form of the gene, since that is all they have to give. No matter which parent contributes which gene, it will be an 'a'.

The reverse is true for two 'true-bred' photo-dependent plants ('AA'). If the only form of the gene available from the parents is the dominant form, then all the offspring will have the dominant form and be reliant upon lighting schedules to determine when to flower.

When a Cannabis plant that is 'true-bred' for auto-flowering is crossed with a plant that is 'true-bred' for photo-dependence are crossed, the offspring will not auto-flower. This is because if one parent has both genes for photo-dependence ('AA'), and the other for auto-flowering ('aa'), then the offspring will all be 'Aa'. No matter which of the four combinations are used (Aa, Aa, Aa or Aa), the offspring will receive a dominant 'A' from the first parent, and a recessive 'a' from the second.

With these 'Aa' seeds, there are two alternatives when the goal is to breed for auto-flowering: they can either be crossed with an auto-flowering plant (aa), or with one of their siblings (Aa).

If they are crossed with an auto-flowering plant, then fifty percent of the seeds will auto-flower. This is because with the parents 'Aa' and 'aa', the four possible combinations are: 'Aa' and 'Aa', which will not auto-flower, and 'aa' and 'aa', which will.

If instead the siblings are crossed - which is often done if traits from the non auto-flowering plant are desired - then both parents will be 'Aa' for the auto-flowering trait. The four combinations will be: 'AA', 'Aa', 'aA' and 'aa'. Since auto-flowering is recessive (loses ties), only the 'aa' (twenty-five percent of the offspring) will auto-flower.

Auto-flowering is a nice trait with which to work, as it is a simple one and easy to observe. With a little planning and observation, it can even be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

:goodjob:I'm also looking forward to the smoke test.:volcano-smiley:
I just completed a breeding project with a photo to Auto. So far I am loving how the plant is doing, it's outside. I am really looking forward to the smoke test. It has been a fun experiment thus far.

:battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom