Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love:Hello gudyul, thanks for these questions, very good questions.:Namaste: every month we will sell out a lot led grow lights. We have tested the broken drivers sent back from customers. Most of them are caused by inapporiate usage. There are about thirty thousand drivers in use every month and the ratio of the broken drivers is very small. Regardless of that, we are keeping upgrading the quality. :Namaste:
The big size Mars Pro has 8pcs drivers and the small size has 4pcs drivers. :high-five:
And yes, the drivers of the new series use better quality. :circle-of-love:
No need for sorry, gudyul, the more questions, the better. I love to solve quesitons. :cheer:

That's an interesting theory. Can you give us some examples of "inappropriate usage" so we can all avoid future problems? :)

So don't use lights in the swimming pool right? :lot-o-toke: Or while surfing. :surf: Also, don't spill bong water on your light. :bong: And definitely don't drool on your light :drool: no matter how much you love it or want it. :peace:

Better go pull mine outta the pool.... bummer. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

hey is anyone else having problems with the severs on this website every time I try to upload pics I get kicked out and when I try to reload the site it wont come back on for like 20 minutes and I still am having problems uploading pics it really has been a problem for me I need to update my grows and I cant some one please help or tell me its not just me

ive been having that issue for a while now actually, its been so annoying i almost dont upload anymore

This is the first we are hearing of this, 3 reports in one thread. Nobody has reported this yet, so we are now looking into it.

Please send screenshots of what you are seeing and all steps you are going through, so we can try to duplicate the errors.

Also include whether you are on a phone, tablet, PC or Mac, operating system and browser versions.

Send them to support@420magazine.com not here, thank you.

hey is anyone else having problems with the severs on this website every time I try to upload pics I get kicked out and when I try to reload the site it wont come back on for like 20 minutes and I still am having problems uploading pics it really has been a problem for me I need to update my grows and I cant some one please help or tell me its not just me

Same same here, but mostly works again within an hour

Hey I'm new here on this Forum and just want to say hi to all led / Mars hydro lovers in this Thread.

i did some research on led Lights and would like to convert my actual setup into led. I saw many good grow reports here using both Lights from Mars hydro.

I Started at page 1 with reading, but stopped after i recognized that there are 1064 Pages =D

I'm really unsure which Light to get because there are so Many different Models from Mars hydro.
i would love to hear some opinions from People who already used Mars II or/and reflector Series and maybe the difference between the two. i know that Mars II seems to have better Penetration but they use the Same 5w Chips and Same spectrum as new reflector Series. So why is penetration better? I saw that many of you use the Mars II only for Flowering.

My Plan is to perform the grow in 1 tent with about 1.5ftx1.5ft, maybe i'll get a second tent for veg only later.

i already know that i should have 25-50w per sqft. Does it affect anything when i have much more power?

my Plan was to get one of the new 192x5w reflector Series because it fits exactly in my tent (it is Square) and i have veg and Bloom Switches but before placing an Order i would love to hear what you are thinking.

i'm sorry if this question was already asked many times before

i'm looking forward to read all your Comments

thanks in advance

ganjaz9r

We're can you buy the piggy back cables? To join lights together without extra power supplies? If I'm to buy more mars2 lights il need one or two of the cables
oh, good q

Yes, they're actually *growing* now. They really didn't grow and just got white for 5 weeks or so.

* I changed soil to "Canna Terra Pro"
* We added CalMag (Cal-Max)
* Added small fan
* Changed how we water
* Be more careful with seedlings. Even the 300W can be very strong for small seedlings so I put them to the side in the first days.

Be very careful with the Canna Terra Pro. It is great soil, however, I find it needs some perlite added to it to help me avoid overwatering issues. I have been using it for a while and add as much as 50% perlite into the mix. Remember, Canna Terra Pro is mostly peat and has nowhere near the amount of perlite as something like Pro-Mix HP (from what I can tell visually anyway, as Pro-Mix is not available in my country). If you look at Mr Tight's Youtube videos you will see what I am talking about, there is a big difference.

Also make sure you feed - water - water because it will trap nutrients in it and if you are using inorganic nutrients you will get some serious nutrient burn when those salts build up. Trust me, I speak from experience.

For those asking about height from seedlings. I have a Mars II 1200w and find it needs to be raised well in excess of the recommendations on the Mars Hydro website for germination. If you look at the website you will see that whether the model is the 400w or the 1600w, the recommended height is the same, which doesn't seem quite right to me considering there is a massive difference in power between the models.

So I have my 1200w light no closer than 1.5m from freshly popped seedlings and they seem to thrive. Short node distances, nice squat plants. I suspect it could be raised to the top of the tent and they still would grow fine.

Another tip - if you have a small humidity dome with a couple of peat pellets / rockwool cubes in it, you can sit it on top of the light and this will aid in germination - just make sure you don't cover up any of the fans and the dome is air (and water) tight. I did this recently and the temperature of the light was perfect at approx 30 degrees celcius. For a humidity dome I used one of those empty food containers like what you get when you buy a bakery treat such as a croissant or apple danish etc as they are extremely light and used a couple of small peat pellets and they germinated twice as fast as any other method I've used.

Back
Top Bottom