Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

i purchased 1 light
i received it in about 8 days to USA, even though i messed up and tried to use a post office box at first and had to start anew
have not grown much with it yet
i am currently working with it and so far i am very happy with it
it is well built and in good working condition
time will tell as i learn to use it correctly as i was used to cfl
having the light so far away is so different
i started it too close to begin i think,around 16 inches
i have now moved it to about 26 inches and i think its reacting much better
i am confident it will do what is required and only longevity remains to be seen
thank you all
take care and good luck

Hello all,

First time poster here. Great site - you all have so much good info about all things growing. After reading through much of this thread I decided to take the plunge and buy a Mars II 900. So far it seems like a great led array. However, I've got a question about the four leds circled in my picture. After contacting Sara, she assured me that these are in fact IR lights that are not seen by our eyes. So I decided to whip out my camera phone, test it with my TV remote and found that my phone can "see" IR light. When I tried with the Mars 900, my camera wasn't able to pick up the light.

So I wanted to ask the experts thoughts on this. First, are these IR lights? Should they be detected by my camera phone (again it can detect the IR from my TV remote), and better yet if you own the 900, can you confirm that these particular LEDs are working for you? I searched through this thread and couldn't find much related to this. Thanks a bunch in advance. :peace:

i-Lf4z2qr-M.png

Hello all,

First time poster here. Great site - you all have so much good info about all things growing. After reading through much of this thread I decided to take the plunge and buy a Mars II 900. So far it seems like a great led array. However, I've got a question about the four leds circled in my picture. After contacting Sara, she assured me that these are in fact IR lights that are not seen by our eyes. So I decided to whip out my camera phone, test it with my TV remote and found that my phone can "see" IR light. When I tried with the Mars 900, my camera wasn't able to pick up the light.

So I wanted to ask the experts thoughts on this. First, are these IR lights? Should they be detected by my camera phone (again it can detect the IR from my TV remote), and better yet if you own the 900, can you confirm that these particular LEDs are working for you? I searched through this thread and couldn't find much related to this. Thanks a bunch in advance. :peace:

i-Lf4z2qr-M.png

My 240x4 (1200) mars ll has same 4 IR lights..

Hey all you TOP lighters! I got a few boxes in the mail this week. Great product and great service. Check it out!
TOPLEDOpenBoxExp1.JPG

SeedlingHouse1.JPG

Good construction, cool to the touch, nice packaging and quiet (for a high volume fan), thanks TOPLED and Sara!

:thumb:

Come by my journal and see me get the full flower room setup with all 3 units this week. Stop in a say "Howdy!".

I think the question is whether camera phones can pick up the IR light from grow lamps the same way they do remote controls.

Thanks to you both for the response. I should note that I also checked with my Sony NEX6 with the same result. It looks like 700+ nanometers is considered IR. TV remotes emit around 940nm. So anyone have any ideas what wavelength these IR LEDs emit?

Of course I assume that these are working, but it would be great to verify somehow...

Thanks to you both for the response. I should note that I also checked with my Sony NEX6 with the same result. It looks like 700+ nanometers is considered IR. TV remotes emit around 940nm. So anyone have any ideas what wavelength these IR LEDs emit?

Of course I assume that these are working, but it would be great to verify somehow...

I believe they are either 730nm or 740nm....

Usrname,

My IR lights are the same as yours. Mine too i cant see but they are on..they are warm, and not from the surrounding leds heat

thank you Bob, happy growing
Hey all you TOP lighters! I got a few boxes in the mail this week. Great product and great service. Check it out!
TOPLEDOpenBoxExp1.JPG

SeedlingHouse1.JPG

Good construction, cool to the touch, nice packaging and quiet (for a high volume fan), thanks TOPLED and Sara!

:thumb:

Come by my journal and see me get the full flower room setup with all 3 units this week. Stop in a say "Howdy!".

As I said, TV remotes, there has only one IR there, while our light has a lot very bright red beside it. so if you can not see that one is working, that is normal. but the truth is they are working. there is no situation four same corner led do not work at the same time:) please believe me, I did not lie to you. happy growing.

hi yuyo, :welcome: to join us.
i purchased 1 light
i received it in about 8 days to USA, even though i messed up and tried to use a post office box at first and had to start anew
have not grown much with it yet
i am currently working with it and so far i am very happy with it
it is well built and in good working condition
time will tell as i learn to use it correctly as i was used to cfl
having the light so far away is so different
i started it too close to begin i think,around 16 inches
i have now moved it to about 26 inches and i think its reacting much better
i am confident it will do what is required and only longevity remains to be seen
thank you all
take care and good luck

As I said, TV remotes, there has only one IR there, while our light has a lot very bright red beside it. so if you can not see that one is working, that is normal. but the truth is they are working. there is no situation four same corner led do not work at the same time:) please believe me, I did not lie to you. happy growing.

Sara, I didn't mean to imply that you were somehow being dishonest. I believe you that the LEDs are working. I agree that they are definitely IR emitters. Though I'm not sure that the reason they are undetectable is a result of the proximity to the neighboring red emitters. Also, I like the Russian Proverb, doveryai no proveryai - trust but verify. :)

I'm simply interested in finding out if there is a way to detect the light using what I have on hand (or if a fellow member has a means to view this wavelength). I plan to experiment with my camera a little but it seems that many have IR filters on them. We'll "see." :peace:

:cheer:
"My Beans arrived today"

First time trying these guys,
10 pack of Regular Marion Davies
And 4 free Super Delux seeds arrived in 3 days!!

Anyone in oz that doesn't already know about it,
PM me if you want to know more :)
image8722.jpg

Hi GoogleGenie, thanks for your sharing with us. very pretty plants.
Morning guys, I thought i would share some pics of my NLB and FCJ. Day 23 of flowering under my Mars II 900w

IMG_49783.JPG
IMG_50083.JPG
IMG_50365.JPG
IMG_50263.JPG
IMG_50332.JPG

Back
Top Bottom