Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hey sara or gang here

Anyone know what my mars hydro reflector 144 is like is it 3000 k , 3500k or 4000 k ?

I’m trying to figure out lux to ppfd since I can’t afford a umol reader .

I’m currently hitting aroud 22 lux under reflector and 31 with my new light .

So umol readers are more accurate then .

But I still think I can utilize this meter then knwo what I can getting for par everywhere .

Any help here would be greatly appreciated
Hi Kingjoe, here is a spectrum test report for the reflector 144, hope it helps! And the par data also.
1545181461719.png

1545181504823.png

1545181530794.png

Hi Kingjoe, here is a spectrum test report for the reflector 144, hope it helps! And the par data also.
1545181461719.png

1545181504823.png

1545181530794.png
Sorry so am I getting 1230 umols at the top of the plant when it’s @inches ?

I wish I knew how much lux that would be in order to hit 1230 umols .

Now at 18” I get directly in the centre of the “light “ not necessarily in the middle of tent if using multiple lights ? But in the middle of the light itself ?

So does that mean at 18” I get at my top of plant 740 umols?

I get as I go in width I lose light power as well . It makes sense the light has to cover more area I always say it like this ?

Measure the lux at the top of your plant times it by ( x ) the par- which is coverage correct ? I can word my thoughts here truly I am terrible I truly think I understand the concept and knowledge to it but I feel I need confirmation or help to understand my lights better to maximize them best.

So bare with me please.

I think I get... but par is coverage correct ?

Lux they say the sun gets 200 lux at full day time peaks however I am in a small space so that amount of lux would Fry plants correct ?

So there is another theory here don’t laugh at me all just trying to figure this game out z and well math never a great topic

:cool:

I dunno how far off am I?

Sorry so am I getting 1230 umols at the top of the plant when it’s @inches ?

I wish I knew how much lux that would be in order to hit 1230 umols .

Now at 18” I get directly in the centre of the “light “ not necessarily in the middle of tent if using multiple lights ? But in the middle of the light itself ?

So does that mean at 18” I get at my top of plant 740 umols?

I get as I go in width I lose light power as well . It makes sense the light has to cover more area I always say it like this ?

Measure the lux at the top of your plant times it by ( x ) the par- which is coverage correct ? I can word my thoughts here truly I am terrible I truly think I understand the concept and knowledge to it but I feel I need confirmation or help to understand my lights better to maximize them best.

So bare with me please.

I think I get... but par is coverage correct ?

Lux they say the sun gets 200 lux at full day time peaks however I am in a small space so that amount of lux would Fry plants correct ?

So there is another theory here don’t laugh at me all just trying to figure this game out z and well math never a great topic

:cool:

I dunno how far off am I?
Sorry for my late reply, too busy in the morning and the network not stable so I did not check in time. The first par is for light hanging at 18'' above the plants, and the second is for 12''; When you growing veg, you don't need that much strong light and need to hang the light higher, and the data is lower and the coverage is bigger. The coverage is based on the par data, make a circle on the useful par data and then it will be the light coverage. Usually plants will grow well at the par data around 280~350umol, so inside the green circle you can grow well for veg. And the same for flowering. Just flowering needs bigger umol (at least 500umol ~ 800umol is best), and the light needs to hang lower and coverage will be smaller., so for flowering, inside the yellow circle will be best coverage. Hope I explain clear. :Namaste:

Sorry for my late reply, too busy in the morning and the network not stable so I did not check in time. The first par is for light hanging at 18'' above the plants, and the second is for 12''; When you growing veg, you don't need that much strong light and need to hang the light higher, and the data is lower and the coverage is bigger. The coverage is based on the par data, make a circle on the useful par data and then it will be the light coverage. Usually plants will grow well at the par data around 280~350umol, so inside the green circle you can grow well for veg. And the same for flowering. Just flowering needs bigger umol (at least 500umol ~ 800umol is best), and the light needs to hang lower and coverage will be smaller., so for flowering, inside the yellow circle will be best coverage. Hope I explain clear. :Namaste:
No no I get that part thanks Sara for replying . I’ll figure it out im
Sure appreciate your input

Here is update about our Canada stock: due to legalization of Canada , our sales increases a lot beyond our imagination.
Our new stock is available in Canada , but we need send parcels to our customer and agents who made the payment before. Thanks for all customers' support and patience. :thanks:

After we send those products out, only few pcs Mars tent 4x8, 2x4 and MarsII1600led left
If you have any new demands, welcome to ordering: www.mars-hydro.com

Next high level stock will be available in Canada 7--10 days later :cheer:

They look amazing Sara would love to b a tester lol
Hi Jack, thanks! glad you like it, have you post in that thread? I will check out and anounce the winner within 24 hours!

Back
Top Bottom