McBudz Perpetual Journal

Thank you SW

Yup my setup is about once every 4 weeks give or take. I average 1 pound + a month Looking to optimize to get closer to 1.5 lb per month. That would be ideal for me. Need to find that one strain and genetic that will veg for 3-4 weeks from clone not be too bushy as they are tight packed in there. I'd like to see 2-2.5oz single colas :)

SO far the Blue Widow is promising. The 1 BW from the last harvest had a 2oz yield and was not very bushy. 12 plants like that and I'm looking at 1.5 pounds for the 1 side. Time will tell.

Hey brother, if you are only looking for smaller plants with decent yields, why not try autoflowers? Seed to weed in ~9-10 weeks, no light shcedules, and plants with yeilds up to 4 ozs. Not as large of a selection, but still some damn nice genetics about. I would recomend the AK47 or the Blueberry from experience. Just a thought.

Hey brother, if you are only looking for smaller plants with decent yields, why not try autoflowers? Seed to weed in ~9-10 weeks, no light shcedules, and plants with yeilds up to 4 ozs. Not as large of a selection, but still some damn nice genetics about. I would recomend the AK47 or the Blueberry from experience. Just a thought.

Yeah my understanding though was 18/6 or so was best for AF plants and thats a 50% increase on big light power consumption I'm not really cool about doing. Its really the only thing that has ever kept me from growing AF in mysetup. That and I'd need beens every time around and I like to make 1 bean last indefinitely through cloning. Am interested in non auto AK or maybe WHite Siberian or WHite Russian which are both AK/WW crosses. Thanks for the suggestion.

Listen budz, this is for your own good, YOU SUCK AT GROWING!
All i see is people telling you how awsome you are, I don't want you to get a big head.
Pass it on, tell pitviper he's an idiot, lol.

anyway, if i was to copy your veg setup, would it even be worth it to try to use CFLs to save some money? id be trying to veg 9-12 plants. if so tell me how you'd do it.

I don't know why, but that young strawberry blue a couple pages back is soooo pretty. maybe because she is so simetrical?

Thanks bud ;)

How long and do you plan on vegging and are you going to bush them out? If 3-4 weeks for clone then you can follow what I do under the 2ft x 6 bulb floro setup. You could also do a couple of CFL ghetto chandeliers and probably get away with decent vegging as well. If from seed the plants tend to require more footprint so I would allow more area for 12 plants or so. I rule of thumb Id try to floow if going all CFL is 1 23w/100w equiv for every 25-6 square inchs, Essentially break up the area into imaginary 5 or 6 inch squares and you'd want alteast 1 cfl in each of those squares over plants.

How it going McB,

I'm a long time lurker who just joined the site recently and have always admired your grows.

If you are looking for a good single cola plant I would suggest Paradise Seeds White Berry. I have not grown it myself but a buddy of mine did with fantastic results. He grew 25 of these on a square meter and yielded over an ounce each, right at 30 in total. The plants created virtually no side branching just one long fat cola. They looked like baseball bats with fan leaves growing out of them. It's interesting that it shares almost the same progeny as your Blue Widow(Blueberry X White Widow).

Awesome thanks I will keep that one in mind for the next time a place an order. I'm hopeful with my current blue widow mom that I can achieve this. I have a 100% BW batch in the cloner now that will eventually be going to flower.. May 3 I believe. SO there will be some significant veg time on those and good lower skirt pruning. I have good feelings about 2+ounces per clone there.

Yeah my understanding though was 18/6 or so was best for AF plants and thats a 50% increase on big light power consumption I'm not really cool about doing. Its really the only thing that has ever kept me from growing AF in mysetup. That and I'd need beens every time around and I like to make 1 bean last indefinitely through cloning. Am interested in non auto AK or maybe WHite Siberian or WHite Russian which are both AK/WW crosses. Thanks for the suggestion.

We flowered our first AK47's under 6-8 CFL's and had nearly a 4 oz harvest from each. We ran our lights at 20/4 with the plants in miracle grow. It was our first experience at growing so we made lots of mistakes to be sure, over watering, over fertilizing, nute lockout, ect. Our second go at auto's is documented in our first grow. Not the biggest yielders, but it was great smoke considering. I still think with a good genetic lineup and the correct setup, one could really rock an autoflower perpetual harvest and produce some great results. I myself love anything that has White Widow, AK47,Jack Herrer in it. Our White Ice seedling is growing faster than the others so I am optimistic about her performance. Time will tell. Good luck with yours my friend, I hope they get big fat buds all over them..:)

Thank you SW

Yup my setup is about once every 4 weeks give or take. I average 1 pound + a month Looking to optimize to get closer to 1.5 lb per month. That would be ideal for me. Need to find that one strain and genetic that will veg for 3-4 weeks from clone not be too bushy as they are tight packed in there. I'd like to see 2-2.5oz single colas :)

SO far the Blue Widow is promising. The 1 BW from the last harvest had a 2oz yield and was not very bushy. 12 plants like that and I'm looking at 1.5 pounds for the 1 side. Time will tell.

if I were you I'd still be stuck on GWS. I would be myself if I didn't want to start with something advertised as "beginner friendly".

if I were you I'd still be stuck on GWS. I would be myself if I didn't want to start with something advertised as "beginner friendly".

I probably would be if I hadan't been forced to throw the GWS mother away, long story.

My initial "white widow" was an amazing high, I always compare everything I smoke to that and have never seemed to have matched the experience. Funny thing is I'm not even sure if it was true WW since it came from a place in Canada (HGS) that I don't think is very reputable and I had extreme differences in phenos. but if you find my "big stinky" plant that was that one I'm talking about. I cloned it for a while and loved the high and taste. Wish I still had its genes. Still do have seeds from the place but who the hell knows what type of pheno will come out of them. Plus they are reg seeds and I dont have the time or patience to weed out males.

Great White Shark has amazing yields and great leaf to bud ratio for trimming. High was good but not my favorite like above.

I am digging the Pineapple Express high but jury is still out on yield as my second plant is only now coming up to harvest. I'll have a better feel in a few months once my 6 PE / 6 BW harvest comes.

Master Kush to me was sort of so what.

My Blue Widow is a great sleepy time med and seems to put out good yields. Again I wont be sure until a few months when I send a bunch of plants through and get the true feel for avg yield.

RockLock genes seem unstable. hard to make the plants look real happy and the other 3 strains living off the same res are fine so I choose not to work with finicky strains. RL high was whatever too. Good not outstanding.

Nemesis decent yields, easy to grow, nice nice crystals on one pheno I have a mother of. However seems this particular pheno may be high crystal but low bud. So it may not hang around very long.

BBxNL and Twilight never made it to harvest as they went hermie.

HK and Maui Waui died due to my mistakes. I actually euthanized them and just started over with the WW mentioned above.

To try and answer your question directly I can't.. I'm on a quest to find the answers you seek as well. I may never go back to one strain as I feel like there is always a better one out there to find.. Grass is always greener on the other side??? lol

To try and answer your question directly I can't.. I'm on a quest to find the answers you seek as well. I may never go back to one strain as I feel like there is always a better one out there to find.. Grass is always greener on the other side??? lol

I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our godamn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're assholes!

:cheesygrinsmiley:

I for one, am glad to be along for the ride!
SF

I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our godamn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're assholes!

Dad, you want an Asprin? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice strain descriptions McBudz! I've got one blue widow seed freebie from attitude... hope it germs. +Reps when I can...

I'm stickin' with the basics. (my 2nd generation on this sativa dominant bagseed, plus WW, but it's not original--Seedsman Seeds). comin' along nicely! just crossing my fingers that I don't find a bunch of balls or a bunch of seeds or a bunch of both.

Mcbud Thanks for the strain description. You are right there's so many strains out there. I have a bad habit of ordering different types of strains every other week for my DWC or Stinkbud style grow. So I take it sativas are out of the question since they flower longer than indicas?

Yeah I try to stay away unless they have been specifically crossed with indica to shorten bloom time. For example I would love to do a sour deisel grow but wont due to the long flower time.

Thanks bud ;)

How long and do you plan on vegging and are you going to bush them out? If 3-4 weeks for clone then you can follow what I do under the 2ft x 6 bulb floro setup. You could also do a couple of CFL ghetto chandeliers and probably get away with decent vegging as well. If from seed the plants tend to require more footprint so I would allow more area for 12 plants or so. I rule of thumb Id try to floow if going all CFL is 1 23w/100w equiv for every 25-6 square inchs, Essentially break up the area into imaginary 5 or 6 inch squares and you'd want alteast 1 cfl in each of those squares over plants.

Not really sure How long I plan to veg. Ive made up my mind to keep it under 25 plants, so Im going to use 9 of my ebb-n-gro buckets for flower in a 4x6x8tall room under 1 1000w air cooled hps.

With no room for moms, im either going to try flowering clones 2 weeks into flower, or clones before flower and clone/veg for 8 weeks, and then ill have to use my 400w lamp.
what do you think?
Basically i am trying to copy you with 1 Ebb and Gro, and under 25 plants in a 4x9x8tall closet.

and also, how do you get fresh air to your girls?

Not really sure How long I plan to veg. Ive made up my mind to keep it under 25 plants, so Im going to use 9 of my ebb-n-gro buckets for flower in a 4x6x8tall room under 1 1000w air cooled hps.

With no room for moms, im either going to try flowering clones 2 weeks into flower, or clones before flower and clone/veg for 8 weeks, and then ill have to use my 400w lamp.
what do you think?
Basically i am trying to copy you with 1 Ebb and Gro, and under 25 plants in a 4x9x8tall closet.

and also, how do you get fresh air to your girls?

You have separate veg and flower areas? WHats the dimensions of the veg area? You really dont need much space to keep 1 mom.

the veg room is the other 3x4 of the 9x4 closet, which has the 55 gal res, control bucket, will have the veg ebb and flo im going to build, the cloner goes ontop of the e&f while not in use.
also I have to pass through the veg area to get to the flower area.
and i would like to keep the heat and elec. as low as possible.

Im thinking 2 weeks in the cloner and 6 weeks in veg shouldn't get to out of hand with a nice bushy short strain right?

Great Stuff as usual.

BTW re a Diesel strain w/short flowering - you might look at Strawberry Diesel or Double Strawberry Diesel. Might be hard to find good genetics as the projects were stopped by Res about 2 years ago. But both have a nice short flowering period. The weights per m2 are not great, however - only about 450/m2.

Quick question for you: I saw you mentioned about a lb/mo yield, would you mind real quickly just summarizing sq/footage and how many plants per area, how long in veg, how long in flower, and how many of each area you have going simultaneously. I know that's all in the journal but its scattered and I'm having trouble putting all the pieces together.

Thanks for the continued lessons.

:bravo::peace::thanks::rollit:

Back
Top Bottom