Mee Bery First Grow, (seriously)

Re: Mee Bery First Grooooow, (seriously)

Haha, did you also happen to be wearing roller skates in the back of the moving truck? Glad to hear that your plants made it ok.

hahaha, nope, no roller skates, but that Jackass stunt kept playing in my mind and i would laught to myself!!! I was just sitting down, and i got knocked out of my chair, imagine trying to roler skate? in there?! fuuuuuck that!.. But, ya they made it! and i will be posting pics later this afternoon
:peace: :bongrip:

JuturnaSurvive said:
IMG_14552.jpg
DEFINITELY very indica... all the phenotypes point at indica

JuturnaSurvive said:
leaf from the sativa
IMG_1449.jpg

:bongrip:
not really very sativa... sure the leaves are skinny, but count the fingers and look at the size... sativa leaves are REALLY skinny and really long... and at the point of your picture, have up to 11 or even 13 fingers on the leaf... in fact, if you look lower down on your plant you'll see fat leaves... sadly, virtually all plants nowadays are crosses... they usually start showing one way at the beginning, then start showing more traits of the other... i had a VERY indica plant once, but in 2 months, it had 11 fingers on the leaves... and the leaves started to skinny out... but the nodes were still very close... and actually very recently i had a little girl who was showing me tell-tale signs of sativa... spacier internodes, thin LOOOONG leaves... but the number of fingers on the leaves never got more than 5... and eventually the leaves got fatter and fatter... btw... were your seeds bagseed? i forget... but anyways... they look REALLY nice... very healthy... and they're budding very nicely... good job!

the leaves on the sativa/indica are LOOOOOONG and skinny, i just have big hands and that's a young leaf, that pic is very old, too... I haven't had time to update the pics, but i will soon!

Plants are looking Great!!! I clipped a bunch of the big fan leaves, and just left all the small ones, left plenty to be able to take in light for phtosynthesis
but no more huge leaves to suck up all the nutes and h20, buds are maturing, now... the pistils are starting to orange up!
I'd post pics, but no one cares, really... if u'd like to see 'em let me know... i will post

ill see a few bud shots. i would also like to get rid of fan leaves my self coud you give a shot of one of the entire plant so i might see how much fan leavage you left and where you took it off from???? would be appreciated. - kyle

well i can't take a picture, until i get home... but i will
and for info: ALL THE BIG FAN LEAVES ARE GONE, EXCEPT the top 3 pairs, but only cuz they aren't, too huge yet... soon as they get big enough...*Chop* but all the bottom Fan leaves are gone, just a bunch of small ones everywhere! and BUDS LOOK BETTER!! w00t! :peace: :bongrip:

dude i would be careful with all the clipping...u could shock the plant...maybe u should clip a few fan leaves a day not just all at once?? (just looking out 4 u)

P.S have you flowered with clipping and without?? Some ppl say never clip some say it's best....would really like to know what yeilds best

I just got all the clipping done in one day! it did NO HARM, the plants look better than before! it's crazy, the little bud sites on the bottom, came out the sides and started to grow up!! so it looks like i have another cola growing!! i guess the fan leaves were just in the way!

I've never grown before but it looks like i am doing OK, the plants are getting SUPER FROSTY!! and one of the plants' pistils are starting to finish up

in my grow i only clipped about maybe 5 fan leaves...but i really wanted to clip more cuz the undergrowth wasn't getting very much light ...

i'm prob gonna harvest over the weekend....i wonder if i should clip fan leaves now :hmmmm:

eyeless1 said:
in my grow i only clipped about maybe 5 fan leaves...but i really wanted to clip more cuz the undergrowth wasn't getting very much light ...

i'm prob gonna harvest over the weekend....i wonder if i should clip fan leaves now :hmmmm:

Nah, you shouldn't clip them now! not if you are harvesting in a week! after clipping, the plant needs time to adjust, so the undergrowth has to come out from hiding, and get more light it's quite cool!!! :peace: :bongrip:

PLanT UPDATE

I finally found the battery charger for my camera! so i was finally able to take some f'n pictures!!! It's been such a long time! but they are looking soo awesome!! only thing is that the buds aren't so big and dense, cuz i don't have an HPS, but i will have one for the next grow! i am using 4 4ft flouros all grow bulbs... but looks ok check it out

here is Meeshal:

Picture0022.jpg

Picture0041.jpg

thisone.jpg

here is Esperanza:

thisone2.jpg

Picture0102.jpg

Picture0072.jpg

here is Fransisca:

Picture0092.jpg

Picture0121.jpg

Picture0152.jpg

Meeshal and Francisca are super infested with crystals! these pics serve no justice, the crystals are fuckin EVERYWHERE!!!

Esperanza is the sativa, not showing as many crystals as the other 2, but it's taking longer to finish budding, it's like 1 1/2 weeks behind the others and they were all planted the same time.

thanks, dude

Awesome dude! A little spidely like you say, but not bad at all for 4' fluoros. What kind of bulbs are you using. I'm on my first grow too, and I'm learning that 4' fluoros are a pain to work with. I'm thinking I might talk the wife into buyin me a HPS for my birthday this summer so I only have to work w/one bulb set up. Vin

Well your first grow kicks my first grows ass, lookin lovely.

good stuff all around, i bet you cant wait for harvest time

vintner said:
Awesome dude! A little spidely like you say, but not bad at all for 4' fluoros. What kind of bulbs are you using. I'm on my first grow too, and I'm learning that 4' fluoros are a pain to work with. I'm thinking I might talk the wife into buyin me a HPS for my birthday this summer so I only have to work w/one bulb set up. Vin

I am using 4 of them, two of which are "daylight bulbs" that let off a blue spectrum, and the other two are plant grow tubes that let off red spectrum, they even illuminate blue and red, but they are a pain, and i figured out why! The light intensity from an HPS is way higher than flouros! i think to get a better result with flouros i'd need to get like 8 4-foot bulbs to make the light more intense. BUt for veging, THEY ARE GREAT!!! next grow i am gonna plant some feminized Soma Lavender seeds... and i am going to invest in an HPS light FOR SURE, probably 400 watt and use that in co-existence with the 4 flouros, and I SHOULD GET AWESOME results next time.. but we'll see:peace: :bongrip: :cheesygrinsmiley:

brett2themax said:
Well your first grow kicks my first grows ass, lookin lovely.

Thanks a bunch! dude!

but you're going to have MORE BUDS from your LST project. which by the way... how is it doing? are the ferts helping the curling?

bluntman420 said:
good stuff all around, i bet you cant wait for harvest time

you got that right!!! which i think will be very soon... well for the two indica, at least...
Friday or Saturday i expect to pull the two indicas, and hang em up to dry... but i think the sativa will take like a week longer, or maybe more... but wutever! gotta do wut i gotta do

P.S. When do i clip off the leaves that i am not smoking? when i pull it? or when it's dry, before i cure it?

Its easier to remove the fan leaves by hand before drying.
Remove the trim you don't want and leave the rest with the plant to dry.
I have tried different varients for trimming and found that removing unwanted trim is easier to spot when the plant is just removed from the ground.
Nice grow.

Back
Top Bottom