I was preparing to cloning while I was looking for information regarding the subject. I was going to flush the soil according to Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible by Jorge Cervantes. Since I was not able to find information supporting the cited literature, I have asked in another thread (Preparing for cloning. How to flush?) how to do it. Thanks to those members who replied (@Emilya , @MickFoster , @Pennywise @AdaminCO , @oldsmokey) now I know that it is not necessary.

Therefore, I have decided to clone my first right on. I have sterilized the apparatus and prepared the grow medium and home made fast grow hormone (I was originally planning to do it with lentil but it was going to take approximately a week so I have gone the fast route: grounded aspirin and honey). I have taken two cuttings from the second node from bottom.

photo_2020-05-01_22-46-50.jpg

I have trimmed the bottom of cuttings and sliced the stem along the bottom for 2-3 cm. After dipping the stems into honey-water mixture and acetylsalicylic acid powder I have immediately planted them into their pots.
photo_2020-05-01_23-21-15.jpg
photo_2020-05-01_23-21-12.jpg

I have used plastic bags to keep the clones moist. I will keep the plastic bag closed fir the first day and letting little openings onto them on the following day. I am planning to follow a guideline I found on the net. I hope this is the right guideline and I have new grows from my first.

photo_2020-05-01_23-21-18.jpg

And this is how My First looks like after cuttings:
photo_2020-05-01_22-47-16.jpg

My third germination attempt is on its 7th day and it is going fine so far.

photo_2020-05-01_22-47-06.jpg

Looks good. Be sure condensation builds up, if not spray them.

How I trim/keep clones:
I only keep clones 6”+. As soon as I cut them I put them into a shot glass filled with water. You can keep them like this for weeks if needed, just keep adding water as they use it

When you're ready to plant, you’ll need Jiffy pods, cloning gel, GW mica, clear/red solo cups, sandwich bags, rubber bands/or tape, and your medium.

First I scrape 2-3” from the bottom of the stem until I see white showing through the green layer of the stem to promote root growth. Try not to get too crazy though.

I then use a toothpick to make a hole all the way to the bottom of the Jiffy pod and waller it out some. I dip the scraped clone end into the cloning gel, dust it lightly with GW mica, then push it into the hole in the Jiffy pod.

You can leave them like this until you see roots, then move them to solo cups, but I just went straight to the cups this time.

I fill the solo cup up about a third of the way up with soil, drop the pod in, backfill to the edge of the pod, then add a layer of perlite.

Water thoroughly, then cover with a sandwich bag. You can either tape it, or use a rubber band to seal it up.

July 8th

6138954C-1BF6-446D-93AF-7EDDCFFC832D.jpeg

Day 3 cut one corner off the sandwich bags, spray clones if needed.
Day 6 cut the other corner.
Day 10 pull the bags off.

July 18th

7371A312-AAD8-419D-AD19-1DF84A2D114F.jpeg

If you used the clear cups, you should already be seeing roots. Wait until you have a good amount, then up pot. I only had 1 that didn’t root.

Also, if you use the clear cups, be sure to have a colored cup to sleeve over and protect the roots from the lights.

Looks good. Be sure condensation builds up, if not spray them.
I assume condensation needs to build up on the bags, right? According to the guideline I have been following it is recommended to spray both the clone and dome (bags in our case).

I only keep clones 6”+.
I have done many mistakes on the mother plant since this was my first grow attempt. Therefore, I just wanted to get rid of the bottom stems which are 3-4 inches only.

First I scrape 2-3” from the bottom of the stem until I see white showing through the green layer of the stem to promote root growth. Try not to get too crazy though.
This actually what I have gone through except I have scraped 1" and sliced the bottom of stem to increase surface area.

You can leave them like this until you see roots, then move them to solo cups, but I just went straight to the cups this time.
The route was straight to the cups this time for me, too to keep it simple. This grow is ongoing with what I have at home since I am broke at the moment.

Day 3 cut one corner off the sandwich bags, spray clones if needed.
Day 6 cut the other corner.
Day 10 pull the bags off.
The guideline I have been following recommends keeping the vents closed through days 6-9 while keeping spraying claiming Trapping the water in the tray with vents closed creates the best environment for roots to grow rapidly.
I am confused here:hmmmm:

Hello everyone,
Long time no update since I have a new job for the past weeks and I have been heavily engaged with it day and night.

You know I have started my first grow in an environment where I have used everything in my moms house. Nothing purchased except for the cfl bulb.

I have done many wrong things in this journey and you guys helped me to learn the right applications. So I wanted to clone my first grow but since I didn't have any decent grow medium and hormones (gels etc.) I have gone DIY style for several attempts. Unfortunately all was unsuccessful. As a result my first have become a little lollypop. She is in 7th week of flowering and it is ready to go. As for cloning, I will give it one more try with the main cola. I will harvest from the tree and will left the main cola as the strong clone. This time I will get whatever necessary since I have a job lol.

Meanwhile, I have done everything in the right way in my second grow (Indica dominant bagseed) and she is in her second week of flowering. She already showed pistils and yes she is a she.

I keep the girls in a closet for at least 12 hours and move them to balcony to get the Mediterranean sun for 12 hours or so.

Here is how they look.

Peace!
photo_2020-06-28_14-23-10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom