MGD420 First Grow: Autos

Ok.. I found out what hempy is. This is a new one for me. Kinda a cross between soil and hydro... Cool... I need a joint just thinking about setting that up. Can you remove pots from tent easily
I spent some serious money on my car and it's money I'll never get back when I sell the thing but I have the mod bug and love fast cars, 1.6Litre engine thats sitting just shy of 350 bhp. I would be trying to tune the golf buggy too if I owned one :laughtwo:
:laughtwo:

Ok.. I found out what hempy is. This is a new one for me. Kinda a cross between soil and hydro... Cool... I need a joint just thinking about setting that up. Can you remove pots from tent easily

:laughtwo:
I suppose you can remove the hwmpys from the tent, I would think you would need to either drain some of the water before moving them and maybe depending on the size of the bucket and plant could determine if it could be moved as easily. Best person to answer that would be bluter.

Half the research I had done for the first 2 months was through watching mr canucks and other Canadian growers then realised i couldn't get the nutrients they were using in the UK so had to start again lol
I love to watch his grows and HOW-TOs. In trying to duplicate what he does I have realized he sucks at actually giving details. I thinks he's just stoned and forgets that we have our note pads out.

I love to watch his grows and HOW-TOs. In trying to duplicate what he does I have realized he sucks at actually giving details. I thinks he's just stoned and forgets that we have our note pads out.

I did watch his videos but stopped after realising the majority of what I could learn from his videos regarding the nutrients was irrelevant to being a UK grower. He makes good qaulity videos though and informative if you can replicate what he is doing in his videos.

I think most of what he does, talks about and uses throughout his videos is in a list under the video description.

I suppose you can remove the hwmpys from the tent, I would think you would need to either drain some of the water before moving them and maybe depending on the size of the bucket and plant could determine if it could be moved as easily. Best person to answer that would be bluter.
I'm just thinking that being able to remove plants is so helpful in my 4X4 tent. I don't honestly know how I would defoliate and water if I couldn't remove at least two to get to ones in the back. Lol.. you don't have to worry about water part. I bought nets for scrog and was thinking how difficult it would be and discovered Super cropping. Pro and Cons.. you don't have to water.

I'm just thinking that being able to remove plants is so helpful in my 4X4 tent. I don't honestly know how I would defoliate and water if I couldn't remove at least two to get to ones in the back. Lol.. you don't have to worry about water part. I bought nets for scrog and was thinking how difficult it would be and discovered Super cropping. Pro and Cons.. you don't have to water.

I would definitely be a lot harder moving them when using coco especially if its wet but if the hempy buckets were full of perlite i would assume they would be super light compared to what I have my plants growing in at the moment.
I've heard of super cropping but never looked into it but after I finish this grow I will be looking into other ways of growing and will be on here looking for plenty of advice.

i'm mostly interested to see how you're gonna stuff those things in to a 2 x 4.

if they grow to the bucket capacity you could have a tree party with the neighbours.. :bongrip:

Will scrog nets be any use if the plants decide to explode and turn into tree's ?
After you saying that I have pictures in my head of my cupboard looking like something out narnia. Open the doors and a forest appears.

I would definitely be a lot harder moving them when using coco especially if its wet but if the hempy buckets were full of perlite i would assume they would be super light compared to what I have my plants growing in at the moment.
I've heard of super cropping but never looked into it but after I finish this grow I will be looking into other ways of growing and will be on here looking for plenty of advice.
I suggest the link in my Sig for a video on super cropping. He really take you through it.

Will scrog nets be any use if the plants decide to explode and turn into tree's ?
After you saying that I have pictures in my head of my cupboard looking like something out narnia. Open the doors and a forest appears.
They're not really used with Autos. With Autos less is more. unless you know the strain and know exactly how to treat her you don't want to anything but some light LST and defoliate as little as possible. I have no personal experience yet. It's just what I understand to be the common knowledge.

They're not really used with Autos. With Autos less is more. unless you know the strain and know exactly how to treat her you don't want to anything but some light LST and defoliate as little as possible. I have no personal experience yet. It's just what I understand to be the common knowledge.

Suppose they will come in handy for when I grow the photos then, at least I have them there and will be useful eventually

Supppse they will come in handy for when I grow the photos then, at least I have them there and will be useful eventually
Absolutely! photoperiods take way more patience but they are so much more forgiving. I fell like I'm not gonna have enough to do with my new autos. I love LSTing them and super cropping them continually.

well for demonstration...

hempy bucket sizes :

full

1) solo cup. the plant is ready to up pot almost.
2) corona bottle. 330 ml. useless for growing. used for scale.
3) shampoo bottle. 900 ml. less with top cut off. i've flowered in that thing. about a half oz + return. 16 - 24 in a 4x4 sog.
4) 2L bucket. size of a big pop bottle. i run 6 - 7 in a 4 x 4. wall to wall.
5) 5L bucket. standard small washroom wastebasket. 4 - 5 does my 4 x 4 wall to wall.
6) 20L or 5 gal bucket. maybe two in my 4 x 4 if i felt like trying.

you chose option 6.

another perspective for volume difference ..

full

my largest hempy bucket size is 1/4 the size of your bucket choice. i use the orange one to store my perite. that's the size you are running lol. :p

if you are a space challenged indoor grower hempy is an insanely fantastic system. :)
can grow nuts monsters with the tiniest buckets and can train etc. or makes a natural bonsai for small spaces too.

you got autos so they probably won't make the potential of the bucket size. but i'd really keep it in mind going ahead.

these are seven i have in 2L flower right now.

full

they have some time to go. could not stuff more in that space. all 2L bucket.

edit: that's a 4 x 4 . double your current footage.

hempy bucket sizes :

full

3) shampoo bottle. 900 ml. less with top cut off. i've flowered in that thing. about a half oz + return. 16 - 24 in a 4x4 sog.
5) 5L bucket. standard small washroom wastebasket. 4 - 5 does my 4 x 4 wall to wall.

you chose option 6.

full

my largest hempy bucket size is 1/4 the size of your bucket choice. i use the orange one to store my perite that's the size you are running lol. :p

if you are a space challenged indoor grower hempy is an insanely fantastic system. :)
can grow nuts monsters with the tiniest buckets and can train etc. or makes a natural bonsai for small spaces too.

you got autos so they probably won't make the potential of the bucket size. but i'd really keep it in mind going ahead.

full

Thank you @bluter Thanks for Tutorial. How many of them in there.. ???

7. in 2L buckets. could pull the same in 4 - 5L buckets. it's only veg time to make canopy size that is the difference.
veg time is not a choice in autos though. it goes when it wants how it wants. nothing the grower can do.

hempy bucket sizes :

full

you chose option 6.

full

my largest hempy bucket size is 1/4 the size of your bucket choice. i use the orange one to store my perite. that's the size you are running lol. :p

full

I'll definitely go for smaller buckets next run lol. Around 2.5 to 3 inches at the top is empty then the res takes up around 2.5 to 3 inches the rest is coco.

Absolutely! photoperiods take way more patience but they are so much more forgiving. I fell like I'm not gonna have enough to do with my new autos. I love LSTing them and super cropping them continually.
My next grow will be photoperiods so I'll be able to take my time and learn a bit more along the way. Not sure now how many I'll grow if I'll just do the one, two or even 3 as of yet.

Back
Top Bottom