MGD420 First Grow: Autos

@Mr. Sauga would be able to help. Hopefully he will see the tag. He's a Pro.
Thanks PD! O went back through most of the stuff. I'm no hempy expert, that's for sure. @bluter has given some good advice and is well versed in hempy.
Have been told the 20L buckets were too much and that they could have done with smaller pots, my defence is that I'm a noob and really don't have a clue so I'm here looking for all the help I can get to make sure I dont slowly murder my plants before harvest.
It's how we learn! You won't murder them. Next time try photoperiod plants. Autos are finicky for new growers, and you can't control when they go into flower. If you have issues with photos, you can delay flipping to 12/12 until the plants are healthy again.
As of right now 19/1/21 my plants are 18 - 19 days old.

They are a little behind. Autos for the most part you want to use 5gal pots or buckets.
Good luck with your grow. You'll learn lots here. Take the first grow as an experiment and put everything you learned into your next.

@Mr. Sauga I see your making your way through tread... Thanks for taking time to check out and diagnose plant issue. would you also weigh in about proper humidity and temps for Veg?

Yes, it would be very much appreciated @Mr. Sauga.
Also thanks for taking a look through my journal posts.
The chart provided to you is something you see floating around here all the time. It's called a VPD chart, or Vapor Pressure Deficit chart. Plants like a certain amount of humidity based on the stage of growth. As long as the RH and temps match up then you are in an ideal zone.
1611345277338.png

Depending on whose chart you use determines where you want to be.

Thanks PD! O went back through most of the stuff. I'm no hempy expert, that's for sure. @bluter has given some good advice and is well versed in hempy.

It's how we learn! You won't murder them. Next time try photoperiod plants. Autos are finicky for new growers, and you can't control when they go into flower. If you have issues with photos, you can delay flipping to 12/12 until the plants are healthy again.

They are a little behind. Autos for the most part you want to use 5gal pots or buckets.
Good luck with your grow. You'll learn lots here. Take the first grow as an experiment and put everything you learned into your next.
Thanks for the reply and taking the time.
I have some photoperiod seeds there, that will be the next grow, have a cookies kush from barneys farm and 3 nebula from paradise seeds.

Thanks. Could you advise on what would be the ideal temperature and humidity to have in the tent

The chart provided to you is something you see floating around here all the time. It's called a VPD chart, or Vapor Pressure Deficit chart. Plants like a certain amount of humidity based on the stage of growth. As long as the RH and temps match up then you are in an ideal zone.
1611345277338.png

Depending on whose chart you use determines where you want to be.

Thank you I'll have a look at the chart just now and try sort out the environment inside the tent so the plants are happy.

The leaves on plant 3 are still slightly curling down at the top
I never answered this.

The 2 plants on the left look really good. A nice healthy green. The plant #3 is very light in color, lacking N. I'd be looking at increasing her food a bit and maybe her frequency of watering.
If you lift the other 2 containers, do they feel heavier than plant #3? If so she's drinking more than the others.
Light height could be an issue too. Some plants may be more sensitive to it. Try one thing first and see how she responds.

Thanks. Could you advise on what would be the ideal temperature and humidity to have in the tent
You don't want to push 85F. Staying around 78-82F is ideal. No harm in being lower. Plants like around a 10 degree swing from lights off to lights on.

That was my understanding also.
I'm forever in and out the tent checking, I really should just leave them be
I liked to do them around 60%-70%th during veg and dropped it down to 40-45% later in flower. The experimental auto I have going now is and will stay at 30%-35% the whole time because of the rh in my place. We'll see what happens.

still looks good here.

I spent some serious money on my car and it's money I'll never get back when I sell the thing but I have the mod bug and love fast cars, 1.6Litre engine thats sitting just shy of 350 bhp. I would be trying to tune the golf buggy too if I owned one

i got a pile of money into an ancient bmw e30 that'll never make more than 200 horse :passitleft:

I never answered this.

The 2 plants on the left look really good. A nice healthy green. The plant #3 is very light in color, lacking N. I'd be looking at increasing her food a bit and maybe her frequency of watering.
If you lift the other 2 containers, do they feel heavier than plant #3? If so she's drinking more than the others.
Light height could be an issue too. Some plants may be more sensitive to it. Try one thing first and see how she responds.

Sorry for taking a bit longer to reply, been busy around the house.
I weighed the plants and plant 3 was a bit lighter, about 2 - 3 kg so gave her another feed.

The lights are sitting roughly 39 inches away from the plants.

What setting should I have the lights on at ? And roughly how close to the plants ?
The mars hydro sp3000 lights are 300w led lights.

Sorry for taking a bit longer to reply, been busy around the house.
I weighed the plants and plant 3 was a bit lighter, about 2 - 3 kg so gave her another feed.

The lights are sitting roughly 39 inches away from the plants.

What setting should I have the lights on at ? And roughly how close to the plants ?
The mars hydro sp3000 lights are 300w led lights.
Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 3.21.11 PM.png

still looks good here.

i got a pile of money into an ancient bmw e30 that'll never make more than 200 horse :passitleft:
Thanks.

Yea I spent almost 6k tuning a Mk7 fiesta ST, had the entire works done, hybrid turbo, intercooler, intake, crossover pipes, manifold, custom turbo back exhaust, big brake conversion etc I was going to upgrade the injectors to bigger ones but decided ive spent enough. The car was tuned by one of the best Ford tuners in Europe, they have videos on YouTube of their own fiesta beating an audi R8 in a drag. Standard the car was 180 bhp its now sitting at 340+ my car probably wouldn't beat an R8, but it holds its own against cars with much bigger power. Only issue is putting the power down with it being fwd

With a meter you can adjust the dimmer so you can get light closer for less watt usage. Suggestions are the same for my light, so I have my light at the lowest setting possible before light start to buzz with the hight set about 24 inches from seedlings. Cheapest way would be to download Lux App and use a Lux chart.
Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 2.05.58 PM.png

I liked to do them around 60%-70%th during veg and dropped it down to 40-45% later in flower. The experimental auto I have going now is and will stay at 30%-35% the whole time because of the rh in my place. We'll see what happens.

Thanks Scrumpdilly.

At the moment my humidity is 64.4% and temperature is at 26.1c
The dehumidifier will be handy when the plants go into flower.

Back
Top Bottom