MJ Crescendos 'Operation Snowflake' Journal

I see that you pulled an all nighter for harvest. I was so giddy and excited around harvest time myself and just couldn't stop myself from finishing trimming/harvest. Some people complain about harvest, but I couldn't be any more delighted when that time comes around.

It's hard to believe how much work goes into harvest then drying the curing. I feel like it's an entire new job after going through the ups and downs of veg/flowering. Soon as I think my jars are in the 63% rH sweet spot, they sweat overnight and back up to 70% rH. It's a full time job getting these jars in the perfect curing zone, but when I did, the nugs transform into true natural beauty. On that note, I'll go grab a few pictures now.

Congrats on the harvest. I'm glad that I have a reference point for yield + g/w skill for myself. It gives me a standard bar that I must surpass. Your grow report will be very interesting, just like the other LED test you have done SS. I look forward to it as much as you do probably. Enjoy sticky scissors and fingers over your harvest. I know I did :)

Snow White - cola
IMAG01552.jpg

nug
IMAG01564.jpg

cola
IMAG01593.jpg

Snow white definitely packs the most punch per hit. It offers a gentle mind/body balanced high. For smokers who need relaxation without narcosis. I found that I was very happy after smoking it. It has a skunky/candy smell to it and smokes smooth. I can definitely distinguish the flavor, love me some soil grown nugs :)

Aroma: 9.5 out of 10
Smoke: 8.5 out of 10
Medical qualities: 9 out of 10
Bag appeal: 9 out of 10
Overall: 9 out of 10
Ease of growth/yield: 10 out of 10

HMW - cola
IMAG01576.jpg

nug
IMAG01603.jpg

nug
IMAG01584.jpg

The pistils are just so long on these nugs so they are covered in orange hairs. The pictures don't do justice to the fox tailed calyx's that are clearly visible on them. Smells like mango and coffee and smokes citrusy/orange. The high leaves your brain wide awake, but it still has analgesic properties (pain relief). I read that it was good for glaucoma patients because ocular releases, and I can't agree more, this stuff really 'opens' your eyes. Definitely my preferred daytime smoke.

Aroma: 9.5 out of 10
Smoke: 9 out of 10
Medical qualities: 9.5 out of 10
Bag appeal: 9 out of 10
Overall: 9.5 out of 10
Ease of growth/yield: 9 out of 10

Ice - cola
IMAG01613.jpg

This was a runt, so she is leafy, but trichs are still thick on the bud. It used to have this great diesel smell, but now that's curing it smells like cucumbers. This is what these genetics are supposed to smell like, but I do not like cucumbers.. It taste skunky and definitely has the stoniest high of all the buds. The heavy stone left me in a daze for a couple hours, no productivity for me. It's bag appeal is way lower since all the leafy buds. It's great bud, but I don't like it as much, will not grow this strain again.

Aroma: 8 out of 10
Smoke: 9 out of 10
Medical qualities: 8 out of 10
Bag appeal: 7 out of 10
Overall: 8 out of 10
Ease of growth/yield: 7 out of 10

Finally got to using my trim from the grow. Just under 3 ounces of dry trim, so I decided to make cannabutter. In a crockpot I combined 3 ounces of trim grinded up, 4 sticks of unsalted butter (1 pound), and 2 cups of water in a double boiler pot, which helps keep the mixture from burning. I simmered it for 3 hours on low-medium heat setting then strained the solution with a cheese cloth. Made sure to squeeze all the butter out of the trim. Once it separated in the fridge for a couple of hours I took the butter block out and emptied the dirty leftover water. Used a paper towel to dry off the butter, but some impurities still made it to the final product. All in all it looks like I ended up with 3 sticks of cannabutter.

IMAG01623.jpg

Made brownies that require 1 stick of butter so used about a third of the cannabutter. I figure that each brownie has about 1 tbsp of cannabutter. I ate one last night and after an hour a nice body stone set in. It was very relaxing and enjoyable. The brownies tasted delicious with reminiscent of minty weed from the cannabutter flavor. The potency could definitely be higher, but I decided to only use the trim so it was a freebie byproduct of the grow. I like keepin my meds for smoking, but edibles are quite fun.

Still got a whole bunch for a rainy day
IMAG01633.jpg

I made a big mistake during harvest. I dried all my cola's in cola form. These are big thick stemmed, dense colas. Well to my surprise the stems had enough moisture to produce an environment for some white mold. I tore down all cola's a few days ago and lost about 7 grams to the mold, but still smoke the inner layers of some of the nugs. Basically, after hang dry, I must make sure to tear down everything into individual nuggets. I didn't lose much and I've thorougly checked the rest and it all looks mold free. All the jars are around 56%-59% rH which is the minimal curing zone. I like it there because the nugs are crispier, but still wet enough to be curing. I can definitely smell improvements every couple of days during burps. All in all I'm sitting on a few months of smokeable meds, a few sticks of cannabutter, and some great cannabrownies, life is good.

I'm not sure what else to report on this grow, besides it being a success. I'm getting things into the works for another grow that should be even more successful. I don't see myself starting it till I see my meds getting low. For now at the rate I smoke, everything should last a few more months and I'm happy with that.

Thanks 420mag for being cool. I'll be lurking around the forums for now since I'm done journaling, but I'll be back and ready. I'll have to make sure to label the journal more appropriately to attract the GLH crowd :grinjoint:

Happy holidays to all and keep on :tokin:

great wrap-up and smoke report(s) MJ!

It's hard to break those nice colas up into nugs, but I learned that the hard way also.

glad it was just a minor mold issue.

I've really enjoyed following your grow and journal. You're a vigilant and observant grower, and you've shared a lot of good info on this grow.

Glad your cannabutter turned out good! The potency when I make it can vary quite a bit, so that first cookie is always an adventure, lol.

again, great job bro!

Hi MJ Crescendo
Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too!
:cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom