Mono's Monster 2.0

I did some bud washing on my Amnesia Lemon. Growing in coco unless you use some stinky foliar sprays or have pet hairs or some other stuff. The washing won't have much effect. The baking soda and lemon water just sanitize the buds and gets rid of any debris or chemicals. Like in Doc's kit you use a lot of foliar sprays with fishy ferts and what not so bud washing in this case would be well worth it. Its also good if you have any concern about mold as the wash will kill any spores that may have started on the plant.

Thanks Bud.

The area I grow in is rather dusty, so have always been interested in just how much foreign matter has collected on the buds. I've never used any form of foliar sprays, but we do have three dogs and three cats- the running joke seems to be that it's not a Mono bud if there is not a pet hair to be found lol.

What did you think of the buds after they had been washed? From what I could see they appear to have a nicer 'bag appeal' ;)

Got some pics that have been accumulated over the last couple of days ;)

Before the visitors arrived I moved the plants around so Mono's Monster 2.0 is sitting directly under the 600 watt HPS . Canopy temps hover between 24 and 27 degrees C.

Lights will be off for another 24 hours or so - temps have stayed at a stable 22 degrees so far through the dark period, the couple of times I have checked on the plants they seem to be happy - leaves up, reaching for the sky :):)

IMG_243419.JPG
IMG_243523.JPG
IMG_243523.JPG
IMG_243922.JPG
IMG_244124.JPG

Thanks Bud.

The area I grow in is rather dusty, so have always been interested in just how much foreign matter has collected on the buds. I've never used any form of foliar sprays, but we do have three dogs and three cats- the running joke seems to be that it's not a Mono bud if there is not a pet hair to be found lol.

What did you think of the buds after they had been washed? From what I could see they appear to have a nicer 'bag appeal' ;)

Ahh yes now I remember the spot the hair pics from the older journal lol

My tents are really clean, and other than me going in to water them there was nothing else going into the tents. And I also didn't foliar spray, so I didn't see a noticeable difference for the 1 time I tried it. But it will have no harmful effects what so ever, so give it a shot :) I did find that they seemed to dry better after a good wash. No idea why though, but i'll definitely go back to bud washing soon switching over to the kit.

Ahh yes now I remember the spot the hair pics from the older journal lol

My tents are really clean, and other than me going in to water them there was nothing else going into the tents. And I also didn't foliar spray, so I didn't see a noticeable difference for the 1 time I tried it. But it will have no harmful effects what so ever, so give it a shot :) I did find that they seemed to dry better after a good wash. No idea why though, but i'll definitely go back to bud washing soon switching over to the kit.

Thanks Bud. It seems that no matter what I do I can't keep the hairs from finding the buds lol. It's good to hear that there shouldn't be any detrimental effects to doing the bud washing - certainly going to give it a go come harvest time.

look at the trunk on her and the field of colas she's created. nice work mono :bravo:

Urgent question, thought i ask where more people will see. Soiled and perlited my propagator, patted down lightly and put seeds in. Do i water straight away or leave a while? Soil is store dampness so it not dry but will probably dry out in a day or two. Any help appreciated.

If they haven't sprouted yet then you can keep them in a dark place to keep the moisture longer. As long as you can feel the moisture without it being soaked you're ok.
I've seen tap roots come out of seeds that were in a cup of water, so until it sprouts you have room for error.

Late subber, This has been another great read for me, with Alaskan new legalization I'm very interested in learning how to grow a few big scrogs to keep with in the limits of the laws, very nice work, thanks for sharing

Wow Mono, that plant is looking great. Buds are stacking nicely now.

On the bud washing... it definitely improves bag appeal. My nugs have never looked so vibrant. Nice contrast between all the colours that make up a bud. Trichs glisten nicely as well. I also found it helped the drying and curing process. Not sure how it does that, but after washing 6 plants, I stand by that statement. It seems to remove some of the chlorophyll, because the water is pale green after I'm done with a plant. This is probably what makes the smoke a bit smoother. This is also my most potent batch ever, so don't stress on that front.

Wow Mono, that plant is looking great. Buds are stacking nicely now.

On the bud washing... it definitely improves bag appeal. My nugs have never looked so vibrant. Nice contrast between all the colours that make up a bud. Trichs glisten nicely as well. I also found it helped the drying and curing process. Not sure how it does that, but after washing 6 plants, I stand by that statement. It seems to remove some of the chlorophyll, because the water is pale green after I'm done with a plant. This is probably what makes the smoke a bit smoother. This is also my most potent batch ever, so don't stress on that front.
Is there a certain process you use for the washing? We are close to harvest, and we also have dogs and figure hairs.come in the intake. We'd like to wash the buds, but just need to know how to do it.

Is there a certain process you use for the washing? We are close to harvest, and we also have dogs and figure hairs.come in the intake. We'd like to wash the buds, but just need to know how to do it.

Bud Washing

Although I just use 2 buckets. One with the lemon juice and baking soda and one to rinse it off.
The one with h2o2 is really for mold.

Looking good there mono. I was reading doc buds blog on washing at it was this paragraph that sold me.

Let's say I grew lettuce, cucumbers, tomatos and carrots in my basement. It's dusty down there, I've got fans flowing all around....battled with some PM, had some mites.....every now and then I get some rot or other disease on my plants....bugs flying around, dead skin cells, hair.....and I spray the plants with compost tea, fish fertilizer, kelp meal, etc.

So, you wanna come over for a salad? We'll just pull the veggies out of the ground, plop 'em in a bowl and start eating! No need to wash.....right?

I had PM and I didn't bother with H2O2. I just used a little more baking soda and lemon juice than the recipe calls for, and also was quite aggressive with shaking the buds in the solution. For PM, make sure to wash buds in first bucket for a minute instead of 30 seconds.

A big thanks to you all for the kind words!

So glad the weekend has passed - certainly enjoy having the family up to visit but it's hectic to say the least ;). Light kicked on yesterday without a hitch, and the plants don't seem to have missed a beat.

Gave mono's monster 2.0 another 10 litres of water / feed this evening and snapped some pics when the hps was showing a more natural light. Another three weeks of feeding then it's time to step back and let her use up all she has left...

Getting close to harvest - less than a month to go :):)

IMG_2450_1_.JPG
IMG_2456_1_.JPG
IMG_2455_1_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom