Mono's Monster 3.0 - One Plant - One Kilo?

I used to make these kind of setups for PC's (water cooled, mineral cooled and even -42° Vapochilled) on a regular basis in my old business and they can be safe as houses but inspections are a must everyday really, especially as a leak is going to go directly on to your plants. Plus there are other things to consider, you will need extra power to draw the higher powered pumps driving the fluids around and those in themselves generate heat which is why radiators are usually kept away from the PC, inside a grow area that's going to be a lot of tubing to transfer that heat which in itself is problematic, more points of failure, extra power usage again etc.

Definitely not meaning to piss on your bonfire mate, just wanting to give you as educated an opinion as I can due to having worked in that sector for a couple of decades and would prefer to share my experience than not. It's a funky looking light though ;)

Beautiful photos! Very nice scenery.
The thing about watercooled electronics is that there is little to none danger involved if you do it properly. It is commonly used in multi thousand dollar PCs. That means getting your joins precisely tight and sealed and also doing full maintenance every few months to watch for material fatigue, etc. I should buy some quality pump, but I reckon the system might even work without it, may the pump go out (It won't!). You can install all kinds of safeties. Also some prolonged test run is in course. I can do it with mineral oil instead, that's true and it cannot damage the electronics, thanks for the question I will look into that. There is the video I was talking about if you do not mind:

Water Cooled 72,000 Lumen LED Flashlight!! - YouTube

Happy growing Mono! :love: :thumb: :Namaste:

I have four lil cubes from mars hydro and they r 140w +5% so roughly 150w give or take a watt lol but yea i notice fairly gud penetration but nothing like my hps but still very gud I love mars hydro they really have me wantn 2 get more leds but I gotta setup my electrical grid to b alil more heaveyduty so I can handle sum more power I was thinkn on about Addn my hps 2 the green forest (what I call my flower closet lol) along with my leds but isn't think my breaker box can handle it so I wana get another breaker 2 add 2 it or does any1 hav any better ideas??

I used to make these kind of setups for PC's (water cooled, mineral cooled and even -42° Vapochilled) on a regular basis in my old business and they can be safe as houses but inspections are a must everyday really, especially as a leak is going to go directly on to your plants. Plus there are other things to consider, you will need extra power to draw the higher powered pumps driving the fluids around and those in themselves generate heat which is why radiators are usually kept away from the PC, inside a grow area that's going to be a lot of tubing to transfer that heat which in itself is problematic, more points of failure, extra power usage again etc.

Definitely not meaning to piss on your bonfire mate, just wanting to give you as educated an opinion as I can due to having worked in that sector for a couple of decades and would prefer to share my experience than not. It's a funky looking light though ;)

Thanks for your insight. I can put the radiator into ducting thus the light will have its own air circle. I'm currently thinking about some simple u shape for the fixture, so that it can be cooled whole via air and water and not only from one point. I know you can cool it down only with air but I do not really want 5 fans blowing hot air around my tent. I think I can even pull it off with copper tubing and solder. I mean there are so many options of cooling, ducting, mounting, fluids and heat exchange I will be able to pull something reliable off. I thank you again as you raised some important questions on my mind! Cheers! :thumb: :love: :Namaste:

I'm currently using passive heatsinks on a set of LED's that I bought as a kit to build, like Lego. It's like the 100w chips that you mention in the torches (would love that link please) but run at maximum efficiency and lower light output (still way plenty for any tent) so 50-60 watts a chip. I just had to add my CFL back in to heat the tent back up lol. With efficient LED's and drivers you'll be taking all that kit apart, even in summer :thumb:

I'm currently using passive heatsinks on a set of LED's that I bought as a kit to build, like Lego. It's like the 100w chips that you mention in the torches (would love that link please) but run at maximum efficiency and lower light output (still way plenty for any tent) so 50-60 watts a chip. I just had to add my CFL back in to heat the tent back up lol. With efficient LED's and drivers you'll be taking all that kit apart, even in summer :thumb:

Hi man I need to do it for the hot summers. What link are you referring to? /watch?v=-vgNh3fLxJc is the torch. The 100W chips I'm looking at are some full spectrum Epistar. And my tent is ventilated by two PC fans and diy low drag filter mind you, yet the flow is decent. Ha ha. Thanks. I'm checking out your journal, but right now I'm going to bed so more chat there tomorrow. Thank you and see ya! :Namaste:

420-magazine-mobile1616138625.jpg
420-magazine-mobile342775469.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

More like one plant- kilo and a half.

Now, that would be fantastic ;)

I released all the ties this morning, and removed quite a bit of the lower growth and immature bud sites... Tomorrow marks four weeks of 12/12 :high-five:

Always in the interest of continual harvests and keeping the stash jars topped up, after releasing the ties I've gained about 9 inches of space down one side of the tent, so I moved a couple of the plants from the veg tent in to keep her company :). Indica dominant strains that may well finish before the big girl does :):)

Edit I've learn a bit from this plant, and think I've hurt the overall yield slightly by not removing some of the side shoots from the limbs during veg. This has resulted in a lot of the inner 'colas' developing a main bud on the top with limited bud structure below 4 inches or so. For 4.0 I think we will need to go even bigger again...

Beautiful plant:cheer::bravo:

Beautiful my man....absolutely beautiful! Tell me again how many days was she in veg?

I have no desire right now to veg no more than about 30 more days, but I just need to know.

P10409451.JPG

Beautiful plant:cheer::bravo:

Thanks Guys!

MagicJim, she was in veg for roughly 12 weeks from seed, so taking out germination and seedling stage, looking at about 10 weeks or 70 days of vegetative growth. Takes about the same time to flower this blinking strain too lol ;)

Thanks Guys!

MagicJim, she was in veg for roughly 12 weeks from seed, so taking out germination and seedling stage, looking at about 10 weeks or 70 days of vegetative growth. Takes about the same time to flower this blinking strain too lol ;)

Marvelous, yup I see some less wanted growth but hey, I bet you're gonna utilitize it all! Happy growing! :Namaste:

:helpsmilie:

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get the plants in vegetative state to stretch a little? They are currently sitting under the Mars 2 1200 watt on only the veg setting, but the internodal spacing is still tighter than a .......

Would be great for a couple of weeks of stretchy growth :)

Sounds like a nice problem to have :bongrip:

Your lamp claims a 4.5 foot x 4.5 foot footprint so why not raise the lamp to 36-48 inches above canopy

Plant looks great bro

Sounds like a nice problem to have :bongrip:

Your lamp claims a 4.5 foot x 4.5 foot footprint so why not raise the lamp to 36-48 inches above canopy

Plant looks great bro

Thanks bud, It's not too bad a problem at all ;). I'm not convinced it can cover the 4 x 4 tent, 3 x 3 seems a little better. I will give raising the lights a try :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom