Mono's Monster 3.0 - One Plant - One Kilo?

Hey mono congrats on the potm prize awesome I love mars hydro I currently have 4 140w +5% mars hydro led cubes they say they are dual spectrum but it doesn't have a switch on it 2 switch it from veg 2 flower mode so I figured it must b on all the time n I jus turn them on and off at the proper times depending on if they in my mini monster baby chamber (Thts wat I call my veg tent lol) or the green forest (Thts wat I call my flower closet) so I was wondering if I am using them right? Like I don't have 2 take it apart an hit a switch inside or sumthn do i?? Feel free 2 swing by my current journal the blazin a trail threw coco one its in my signature if u have the time it wud b great 2 get another soil growers info as 2 I am new to growing I hav only one harvest so far under my belt n tht was a hydro run n it went miserably only yielded 8 grams dry off 1 plant so I now am doin soil n they r lookn way bigger then my first harvest but still nuthn like ur monster lol but I hope 2 get to ur skill lvl one of these days jus takes tyme I spose but ya sry kinda went on a lil rant there lol but ok hope 2 cu around the green forest one of these days n look forward 2 Hearn back from ya have a great day mono n congrats again on tht super monster u got goin

How u liking ur leds mate.at 18 inch u should see them match ur hps when u see veg growth happening.;) and u get no stretch at all in veg with led very nice tight nodes ul see.good job mate;)

Hey mono lookn amazing in there I was jus wondering with ur screen do u have it sitting on those bamboo shoots or is it jus being held up by sitn on top of the plant??

Thanks bud! I only used the screen during veg to keep the centre of the plant as flat as possible. The bamboo was there as tie points when doing a bit of training, after a couple of weeks the plant was able to support the weight of the screen itself ;)

Hey mono congrats on the potm prize awesome I love mars hydro I currently have 4 140w +5% mars hydro led cubes they say they are dual spectrum but it doesn't have a switch on it 2 switch it from veg 2 flower mode so I figured it must b on all the time n I jus turn them on and off at the proper times depending on if they in my mini monster baby chamber (Thts wat I call my veg tent lol) or the green forest (Thts wat I call my flower closet) so I was wondering if I am using them right? Like I don't have 2 take it apart an hit a switch inside or sumthn do i?? Feel free 2 swing by my current journal the blazin a trail threw coco one its in my signature if u have the time it wud b great 2 get another soil growers info as 2 I am new to growing I hav only one harvest so far under my belt n tht was a hydro run n it went miserably only yielded 8 grams dry off 1 plant so I now am doin soil n they r lookn way bigger then my first harvest but still nuthn like ur monster lol but I hope 2 get to ur skill lvl one of these days jus takes tyme I spose but ya sry kinda went on a lil rant there lol but ok hope 2 cu around the green forest one of these days n look forward 2 Hearn back from ya have a great day mono n congrats again on tht super monster u got goin

Man mono u hav inspired me to go for a monster I'm guna keep the 2 I have in my veg tent rite nw till nice and big I hope its hit the 1000g Mark gud job so far man lookn amazing

Thanks Fella!

I'm not really too clued up on LED to be honest as I had never even thought of using one until winning POTM. I can't see any reason why you would have to do anything with the internals of the light - If it's dual spectrum then it should be good for veg and flower, it just means that it produces red and blue light at the same time, rather than using different lights for different growth stages. Good luck with switching to less but bigger plants bud, I'm going to swing by your journal just now ;)

How u liking ur leds mate.at 18 inch u should see them match ur hps when u see veg growth happening.;) and u get no stretch at all in veg with led very nice tight nodes ul see.good job mate;)

Loving it mate, can't fault it at all.

Currently running it only on the veg setting (480 watts I think) and it's doing great. I have been amazed at how little stretch there is. I've just put a couple of auto's in to germinate to see how well the plants grow under the LED on just the veg setting ;)

Before I do a proper update here are some pics from a couple of days ago ;)

420-magazine-mobile357335486.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1150251031.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1238838888.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1334297071.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Loving it mate, can't fault it at all.

Currently running it only on the veg setting (480 watts I think) and it's doing great. I have been amazed at how little stretch there is. I've just put a couple of auto's in to germinate to see how well the plants grow under the LED on just the veg setting ;)

She looks wonderful. I guess she got lil more frosty, right? :goodjob:
Yup it's amazing to watch people with 250W MH getting the stretch and then you watch your girls get bulky under that 300W LED with 3W chips at least in my case. I wonder how my 100W chip will do when it gets here. I wish it works great as I have plans for 500W watercooled fixture with great penetration and coverage with exceptional heat management (heat coming out of the tent). I can post video with amazing handheld flashlight made out of 100W chips if you want. Happy growing! :love: :Namaste:

She looks wonderful. I guess she got lil more frosty, right? :goodjob:
Yup it's amazing to watch people with 250W MH getting the stretch and then you watch your girls get bulky under that 300W LED with 3W chips at least in my case. I wonder how my 100W chip will do when it gets here. I wish it works great as I have plans for 500W watercooled fixture with great penetration and coverage with exceptional heat management (heat coming out of the tent). I can post video with amazing handheld flashlight made out of 100W chips if you want. Happy growing! :love: :Namaste:

Thanks bud, it's a very frosty strain this one. I've had a couple of ounces from this plant already (clones) ;)

Here is one of her clones at four weeks into flowering :)

IMG_3025_1_.JPG

I've never really had much issues with stretch, until I won the LED I always used a 250 watt HPS for vegetative growth. Everything I had ever read said that HPS produces more stretch during veg since the light is more towards the red spectrum, even when I've wanted stretch I can't make it happen other than the first couple of weeks of 12/12.

The Mars Hydro 2 1200 watt running on only the veg setting really does produce extremely compact plants, however, I'm still not sold on LED for flowering, I'm sticking with the good old 600 watt HPS when it comes to bud production ;)

Are water cooled fixtures not a little dangerous given all the electrics?

Beautiful photos! Very nice scenery.
The thing about watercooled electronics is that there is little to none danger involved if you do it properly. It is commonly used in multi thousand dollar PCs. That means getting your joins precisely tight and sealed and also doing full maintenance every few months to watch for material fatigue, etc. I should buy some quality pump, but I reckon the system might even work without it, may the pump go out (It won't!). You can install all kinds of safeties. Also some prolonged test run is in course. I can do it with mineral oil instead, that's true and it cannot damage the electronics, thanks for the question I will look into that. There is the video I was talking about if you do not mind:

Water Cooled 72,000 Lumen LED Flashlight!! - YouTube

Happy growing Mono! :love: :thumb: :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom