Moony's Moon Shot! Journal Sponsored By Herbies Seeds!

So today I got a very nice present hehe. My next run of seeds! @Herbies Seeds being the legends they are even put some extra auto flowers in for me!

IMG_20220114_165854.jpg

All seeds provided by Herbies for free. I will be providing grow journals for Herbies for these little bundles of joy! :)

I'm going to do the Mimosa X Orange Punch and the Runtz Punch as full dedicated tent grows. I'll veg them for 6-7 week each, one strain starts when the next moves to flower. While I'm vegging them I will be growing the big devil XL auto and the sticky fingers auto! I'll have the space and time so seems crazy not to hehe. I've never grown autos before so will be less stressful if I can do them as a couple of extras to see how it goes first :) I'm not sure how I'm going to do things journal wise. I will be using the new FC8000 light so probably will start a new one. I'll Make sure I say something when I do! Should be popping the first set of seeds ( 4-5 mimosa X orange Punch) in the next few days. Along with setting up my new light in the new 5 x 5 mars hydro tent.

STAY TUNED!! :)
Never grown autos? Here's one hint: your training window is WAY shorter. Start it as early as you can and continue it at least till you see preflowers in earnest. It's often only about 10 days to two weeks open, so know that, it's a HUGE difference. You'll figure out the rest. They're the same damn thing as photos and can be treated exactly the same, just can't up pot more than Dixie to final, or begin in final if you're watering game is on. Ok, I'm done. Hope that helps and isn't too forward.

Awesome. Btw - I used the Canna too. Are you using the PK 13/14? That's the last piece of their puzzle and pairs really well with the Boost. I recommend it personally.
I literally bought it and took back in to the shop haha. Luckily I had the legend @FelipeBlu give me an awesome mix. Instead of adding PK I have increased the mix. At the moment the girls are getting:
Ionic soil bloom 9ml/L
A and B 1 ml per litre
Epsom salts 0.5 gram per litre.
Boost 4ml per litre( have just bought shogun boost which is more concentrated so will be using the max 2ml suggested from now on)
0.25ml silicone (until week 5 only)
I've done a odd treatment of carboload but don't like what it does to the mix. Instead I'll be doing my usual, at the end of week 5 (day 35) I will give 2 feeds with just boost and black strap molasses. Then I'll go to a slightly reduced feed schedule similar to start of flower/late veg amount. Then at end of week 7 I'll do one week of smaller feed similar to mid Veg levels. Then at week 8 they get 2 more treatments with black strap molasses and boost. Then till the end it's just 1ml of boost and water to flush.
Had a string of them lately - new boiler survey, new boiler fitting, quality control inspection, fire/CO2 safety check, and lastly the electrical inspection
I've ended up thinking as long as it doesn't stink or otherwise obvious, fuck 'em, it's none of their business anyway
About to do a SoG x 12/16 so hopefully no more Busy's for about 4 months, since I dry in the bathroom
Haha bet your glad that's all done with. It's hard because you want the new boiler and it to be safe but sometimes just need to be left alone haha.
Nice healthy girls there mate
Thank you buddy! Appreciate you stopping by :)
Never grown autos? Here's one hint: your training window is WAY shorter. Start it as early as you can and continue it at least till you see preflowers in earnest. It's often only about 10 days to two weeks open, so know that, it's a HUGE difference. You'll figure out the rest. They're the same damn thing as photos and can be treated exactly the same, just can't up pot more than Dixie to final, or begin in final if you're watering game is on. Ok, I'm done. Hope that helps and isn't too forward.
I'm thinking of going in my usual 0.5 litre seed pots just because they fit in my germinator then 7 gallon cloth pots. The strains are probably too good for my novice ass haha but it's only a test for me. The autos are bonus seeds which I wasn't expecting so I want to give them a try. The strains are really exciting too so would be crazy to not give them a go lol.

Have a quick look Jon you know more about autos. Is there anything there that's exciting or scary? Haha

I think the hardest bit will be having a mix ready for them at their different stages. But if I use my main tank as a water storage then I can use a bucket to make a mix as and when it's needed. Gonna have to make alot of notes and plans, once I'm running I'll have 1 tent with mimosa in flower and 1 tent of Runtz Punch in veg and the autos will be well into flower but in the veg tent. If I time it right the autos will be done and took out of the Runtz Punch tent in time for me to add the netting and out the Runtz Into their final pots. I'm going to make a plan over the next few days :)

I literally bought it and took back in to the shop haha. Luckily I had the legend @FelipeBlu give me an awesome mix. Instead of adding PK I have increased the mix. At the moment the girls are getting:
Ionic soil boost 9ml/L
A and B 1 ml per litre
Boost 4ml per litre( have just bought shogun boost which is more concentrated so will be using the max 2ml suggested from now on)
I've done a odd treatment of carboload but don't like what it does to the mix. Instead I'll be doing my usual, at the end of week 5 (day 35) I will give 2 feeds with just boost and black strap molasses. Then I'll go to a slightly reduced feed schedule similar to start of flower/late veg amount. Then at end of week 7 I'll do one week of smaller feed similar to mid Veg levels. Then at week 8 they get 2 more treatments with black strap molasses and boost. Then till the end it's just 1ml of boost and water to flush.

Haha bet your glad that's all done with. It's hard because you want the new boiler and it to be safe but sometimes just need to be left alone haha.

I'm thinking of going in my usual 0.5 litre seed pots just because they fit in my germinator then 7 gallon cloth pots. The strains are probably too good for my novice ass haha but it's only a test for me. The autos are bonus seeds which I wasn't expecting so I want to give them a try. The strains are really exciting too so would be crazy to not give them a go lol.

Have a quick look Jon you know more about autos. Is there anything there that's exciting or scary? Haha

I think the hardest bit will be having a mix ready for them at their different stages. But if I use my main tank as a water storage then I can use a bucket to make a mix as and when it's needed. Gonna have to make alot of notes and plans, once I'm running I'll have 1 tent with mimosa in flower and 1 tent of Runtz Punch in veg and the autos will be well into flower but in the veg tent. If I time it right the autos will be done and took out of the Runtz Punch tent in time for me to add the netting and out the Runtz Into their final pots. I'm going to make a plan over the next few days :)
Moon, you know more than me, whether or not you've grown autos. I will say your plan to start in the .5 L and go to seven of cloth is great, that's what I'd do. The last autos in 7s I actually began the seeds in the 7 just to test my watering game, and I filled the seven 100% with root ball. So I know you will too, it's not that hard just water targeted for longer than you think and get those roots out wide. But other than that and the short training window, they are honestly the same. I would treat them no differently. I use 20/4 for my light cycle, but next autos I'm going to go 24/0 until I see pistils and then go to 20/4. But feeding, training, etc. is all the same. If whatever nutes you use don't have an auto feed schedule, as most do now, what I do is consider an auto week 5 days. So 7 to a photo is 5 to an auto. And then I use the feed chart as prescribed for whatever nutes I use and flip to the next week on each morning of day 6 of the week. Also I've found personally that if you go organic, they can take and will respond well to non-organic additives to boost them. I experiment a lot but if you're interested when the time comes I can share some things I've found that work particularly well in combo. It's fun. I plan on 90 for autos and usually come in shorter. Hardly every before 70 though. And they have a second gear growth spurt that happens right when you think the buds are almost done - don't leave before the magic happens. You'll figure it out, you always do. Hell, you may even fall in love. The weed on most is every bit as good as photo weed. That's all I got.

Ionic soil boost 9ml/L
A and B 1 ml per litre

I'm confused. My advice was based on using soil. I thought you were. Now I'm not sure. What is the water tank/mix stuff about? For nutes for soil or hydro? If you're doing the autos in hydro I'm out, I know nothing of hydro. But you said cloth pots? ???

I'm confused. My advice was based on using soil. I thought you were. Now I'm not sure. What is the water tank/mix stuff about? For nutes for soil or hydro? If you're doing the autos in hydro I'm out, I know nothing of hydro. But you said cloth pots? ???
I use Coco.

I use Coco.
Oh even better. Feed the crap out of them. Nice. I'm also going autos in 7s of coco when the tent is free. I'm going to do a side by side with coco vs. Sohum. It'll be no contest, coco will destroy Sohum, but that's what I have. Lol. Everything I said applies. 5.8. 5.8. 5.8. 5.8. Add Calmag first every feeding. You'll be great.

:ciao: Moon!

So glad the inspection went well! I have to stop after this next auto grow, in late March early April, cause I have an inspection coming.

Girls look wonderful.

Happy to see you posting my friend

:ciao: Moon!

So glad the inspection went well! I have to stop after this next auto grow, in late March early April, cause I have an inspection coming.

Girls look wonderful.

Happy to see you posting my friend
Hey krissi! Thanks for stopping by :)

I'm so glad the inspection is over. It was the last big obstacle to deal with :). I've been setting up my new tent and light this morning too! Gonna drop some seeds in the next few days and start a new journal for the @Mars Hydro FC8000! Can't wait to see what it can do :)

As for my current ladies thank you :) I'm really impressed with all the strains so far. I'm seeing alot of resin already considering I'm only in week 4. Still got a week and 5 days of heavy feeding and growth left Until the end of week 5! :) I've decided I won't be growing more than 4 in flower in any size tent again too. The 5th just makes things hard work and doesn't give you the free space needed in the centre.

Hope all is well ☺️ Ive been so busy recently it's been crazy. Going to continue too with me starting up a 3rd tent lol. Luckily I just have enough space to access all of them. And I ran the FC8000 on full earlier in the new 150cm X 150cm and the temp peaked at 27 Celsius. Which is perfect! That's without any fans or extraction just the light on full 800 watt. So I don't need to worry. I'll be shutting down one of the smaller tents once flower is finished and then just running 1 tent in veg 1 in flower for the foreseeable future all going well :)

Hey krissi! Thanks for stopping by :)

I'm so glad the inspection is over. It was the last big obstacle to deal with :). I've been setting up my new tent and light this morning too! Gonna drop some seeds in the next few days and start a new journal for the @Mars Hydro FC8000! Can't wait to see what it can do :)

As for my current ladies thank you :) I'm really impressed with all the strains so far. I'm seeing alot of resin already considering I'm only in week 4. Still got a week and 5 days of heavy feeding and growth left Until the end of week 5! :) I've decided I won't be growing more than 4 in flower in any size tent again too. The 5th just makes things hard work and doesn't give you the free space needed in the centre.

Hope all is well ☺️ Ive been so busy recently it's been crazy. Going to continue too with me starting up a 3rd tent lol. Luckily I just have enough space to access all of them. And I ran the FC8000 on full earlier in the new 150cm X 150cm and the temp peaked at 27 Celsius. Which is perfect! That's without any fans or extraction just the light on full 800 watt. So I don't need to worry. I'll be shutting down one of the smaller tents once flower is finished and then just running 1 tent in veg 1 in flower for the foreseeable future all going well :)
A 3rd tent! That's it Moon, I joked about it before but just go ahead and move your bed in there. Get a cable hook up, bring your TV...fridge, a dining room table...

Happy to hear all is well. Looks fantastic!

A 3rd tent! That's it Moon, I joked about it before but just go ahead and move your bed in there. Get a cable hook up, bring your TV...fridge, a dining room table...

Happy to hear all is well. Looks fantastic!
The bed got moved some time ago... Hahah it's all good I'll be taking a break once the next 2 are done. So say 5 month... Haha. At least I get to throw in 2 exciting autos that where a extra gift from Herbies lol. Didn't even know they where coming! I may have mentioned Ive been scared of autos so they wanted to give them me without any pressure lol. It's something new to try if nothing else lol.

I may have mentioned Ive been scared of autos so they wanted to give them me without any pressure lol. It's something new to try if nothing else lol.
Just remember, do lots and lots of root pruning!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Congrats again on the light and extra genetics. Looking forward to watching the show with that light! I want to get another tent too. Leave my 5' x 5' @Mars Hydro for flowering and have a smaller, maybe 2x4 or similar for seedlings, clones, & mother plants. I really want to have a system in place to always be flowering at some point during the year.

:laugh: in advance.....

Hey Moon, I forgot to tell you, one other thing with autos, since I know how much you favor the practice, it's best to NOT drought autos. So resist the urge if you can.

Again....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:laugh: in advance.....

Hey Moon, I forgot to tell you, one other thing with autos, since I know how much you favor the practice, it's best to NOT drought autos. So resist the urge if you can.

Again....:rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh::bravo:
Is there a troll award of the month?! Cause this may have won it right there! Haaa haaa. I have a feeling @Moony will laugh his ass off too.

Tell you what...how about we air/root prune AND drought an auto?! Worth a try no?!
:hmmmm::laugh::lot-o-toke:

:rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh::bravo:
Is there a troll award of the month?! Cause this may have won it right there! Haaa haaa. I have a feeling @Moony will laugh his ass off too.

Tell you what...how about we air/root prune AND drought an auto?! Worth a try no?!
:hmmmm::laugh::lot-o-toke:
LMAO!! I really am sitting here laughing out loud, in my grow garage, all by myself, feeling like a crazy stoned person. Moony will get it and love it!

Update part 1. Dos-si-dos OG tent :)

IMG_20220116_202446.jpg

IMG_20220116_202454.jpg

IMG_20220116_202539.jpg

IMG_20220116_202800.jpg
IMG_20220116_202532_1.jpg

They are really packing on the weight now. Extremely Thirsty. I've upped the feed to 6 litres every 2 days and they are always ready at 2 days haha. The resin production has really kicked in too already glowing like a Christmas tree hehe.

Really excited to see the final results. Currently I'm at day 25 of flower! So still have 10 days of extreme bud development left. And who knows they may continue to really pack on the weight until harvest! I hope to show the, always wanted by all growers, bud as big as my arm shot hehe.

Back
Top Bottom