Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

Hopefully you took a cut? You may have a unicorn there.
I did not. I popped 4. Two turned out male so they got cut. These two both look and smell similar. The leaves are slightly different, but from the vigour all 4 showed, I'm feeling confident they will be fairly consistent. I have a couple dozen seeds left of the cross to play with when the time comes.

I've been trying to limit what I take cuts of, so that I don't end up with a veg room full of cuts and no room to rotate new strains in. I just cut a Purple Dawg F2 that showed male yesterday, which I believe leaves me with, 9 5-gallon, 6 1-gallon, and 4 half gallon plants going in flower at the moment. And in veg I've got 10 of the Purple Malawi x Apollo 13 going that I need to take cuts of in my hunt to make F2s. Along with them I have the cuts I'm keeping and an Ace order incoming any day.

Gotta keep the upper shelf open for the garden veggies soon as well.... This is about to get crazy busy! Luckily that P13 cross is super fast. 7-8 weeks tops, so the rotation should keep moving smoothly.

Lookin' great, Bro! Very healthy plants! :welldone:

I've been trying to limit what I take cuts of, so that I don't end up with a veg room full of cuts and no room to rotate new strains in.

:hmmmm: Ummmm....Are you making fun of me??? :oops:

:rofl:

We need to organize a clone bank - a monthly fee to keep good genetics alive. :slide:

That'd be a fun business. :bongrip:

Then you could evolve into a "Clone of the Month" club like the old "Record of the Month" Clubs. You get to pick 10 clones for $0.99 then, every month, we send you an outstanding clone that you can either ship back to us within 10 days or keep at the low standard cost!

We need to organize a clone bank - a monthly fee to keep good genetics alive. :slide:

That'd be a fun business. :bongrip:
That's a brilliant idea! I like it!

Like a "Clone Bank"...You deposit your clones with us and we pay interest by giving you cuts of some else's clones! :high-five:
Good ideas!
Then you could evolve into a "Clone of the Month" club like the old "Record of the Month" Clubs. You get to pick 10 clones for $0.99 then, every month, we send you an outstanding clone that you can either ship back to us within 10 days or keep at the low standard cost!
Hmm, not so sure about that.....
You are cracking me up! I think I just counted about 20 clones, myself.

My name is lazy and I am a clone-aholic
:yummy:

Idk, all of the clones in one place sounds like it would be vulnerable. Better to have a clone network, like Napster was for music files. Clones hosted at many places, and managed by a software program. Every time you send one off, you can receive one in return.

Then again, sounds like a good way to spread around unwanted pests and diseases.:hmmmm: A good quarantine plan would be a must.:passitleft:

Idk, all of the clones in one place sounds like it would be vulnerable. Better to have a clone network, like Napster was for music files. Clones hosted at many places, and managed by a software program. Every time you send one off, you can receive one in return.

Then again, sounds like a good way to spread around unwanted pests and diseases.:hmmmm: A good quarantine plan would be a must.:passitleft:
Definitely need an IPM system in place. Mites are the gonorrhea of the cannabis community.

The Kushberry is a tasty looking plant :bravo: I like your system Morg, Perfect for breeding and running a jungle

Like a "Clone Bank"...You deposit your clones with us and we pay interest by giving you cuts of some else's clones! :high-five:

Imagine how quickly those clones would grow and get big.

The Kushberry is a tasty looking plant :bravo: I like your system Morg, Perfect for breeding and running a jungle

Luckily, I'm a "Bonsai Master"! :cool:

I maintain all my mom's as Bonsais. They keep for years in 4" containers!

As an "insurance policy", though, if we were to really make it a business, with storage of the original clone, we should also take & store some tissue samples so, if for any reason the clone dies, we can re-create via tissue culture. ;)

Any "Tissue Culture Masters" around??? :hmmmm:

Thanks. I've been dialing it in for the year and a half I've been working with this set up.

The Kushberry is getting close to being dry. Another week or so and it should be ready to try. It has a mild earthy flavor so far, but it tingles in my sinuses like I was eating hot peppers. It's an odd mixture.

As an "insurance policy", though, if we were to really make it a business, with storage of the original clone, we should also take & store some tissue samples so, if for any reason the clone dies, we can re-create via tissue culture. ;)

No tissue knowledge here. I'd rather make backups in seed form anyways. Much easier to share once all the commercial seeds become copywrited and GMOed by Monsato.

Tissue culture is something we want to look into. Would be pricey to get the sterile room needed to do it, but once you have that, its easy peasy.

Edit: I seem to have forgotten to post this last night.

The tropical sativas get the spotlight today.

(Purple Malawi x Apollo 13) x Kerala. 10 days in flower. She's already almost doubled in height. I'll probably put her into a 5 gallon in a few more weeks.

Purple Malawi x (Zam x Pan). She went into a 5 gallon, then into flower yesterday.

Kerala 2 has shown it's colors and it's a girl! Only 29 days after flip,

Panama 5.1 taking nicely to her new home. The mother is flowering in a 1 gallon and has a strong lime smell. My wife says it's smells like paint, when you first open the can. It's a very pungent aroma.

And lastly, Cannotonic. This is the same plant I root trimmed and repotted with fresh first run soil a while back. I put her in a 5 gallon a while back as it's getting close to time to flower her back out. I can't remember the date I put the cut into soil, but it's in March of last year.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom