MrBubbles Perpetual Grow

After some research I came up with an idea to get rid of the howling/whistling noise from my exhaust. It's basically a diffuser just like in your bong lol. I took a 1 gal ice cream bucket. Cut a 6in hole in the lid with scissors. Wedged my 6in exhaust tube through the lid. Then I drilled holes all over the sides of the bucket. I may also add a tub or box to put the icecream into to create a double diffuser effect. I haven't decided yet thought. Here's a few pics....

6677.jpg

6720.jpg

Also you'll notice a 10in fan in this pic. It's been getting pretty hot under the stairs. I am now using an active intake with a 4in duct fan to bring cooler air in. I'm diffusing the hot air under the stairs and then exhausting the air in the stairs with the 10in fan in the corner. Ghetto I know but something to keep the damn whistling down while I save for my inline fan/carbon scrubber
6817.jpg

And finally the girls...
6917.jpg

Update Day 12: Not much to update. Everything is looking great. Temps are still creeping up to 84 but mostly around 80. I've got my MH 2ft above the plants at 300w still. Still haven't gotten rid of the bagseed plants. Pretty sure I've found a good home for them. The tallest one is already starting to smell skunky on the leaves so I can't imaging what my Autos will be like :D Anyways here's the pics...

The Group
7019.jpg

Critical Jack
71106.jpg
72105.jpg

Berry Ryder 1
73103.jpg
74101.jpg

Berry Ryder 2
7579.jpg
7631.jpg

Berry Ryder 3
7718.jpg
7817.jpg

Blue Cheese
7915.jpg
8019.jpg

Mazar
81104.jpg

Bagseed 1
82103.jpg
83100.jpg

Bagseed 2
8452.jpg

Bagseed 3
8515.jpg
8619.jpg

Bagseed 4
8713.jpg
8816.jpg

Update Day 14:

Still not much to update. The plants are really starting to takeoff now. Also I found a home for one of the bagseed plants. Going to help my buddy learn how to grow too :D Anyways here's some pics....

The Group
8915.jpg
9016.jpg

Critical Jack
91103.jpg
92101.jpg

Berry Ryder 1
9346.jpg
9416.jpg

Berry Ryder 2
9518.jpg
9616.jpg

Berry Ryder 3
9717.jpg
9818.jpg

Blue Cheese
9920.jpg
10029.jpg

Mazar
101113.jpg
102102.jpg

Bagseed not sure which is which I need to label them lol
10343.jpg

10430.jpg

10534.jpg

10630.jpg

10732.jpg

10825.jpg

Good work keep it up bubbles I can't wait to see how these turn out we are virtually at the same stage.

LET THE BUD SEE THE HARVEST
October hurry up a say haha

Good work keep it up bubbles I can't wait to see how these turn out we are virtually at the same stage.

LET THE BUD SEE THE HARVEST
October hurry up a say haha

Thanks kb! I know it's gonna be a great Halloween this year! :D Hoping my Berry Ryder's will be done mid to early September. They're supposed to be done in 60 days. So if things work out right ill be harvesting 3 in sept and 3 more at the beginning of Oct. Its not looking that way right now though the berry Ryder's are the smallest plants lol. I'm sure they'll start to take off soon. I haven't started feeding yet. They're only about 10 days from popping up.

mrbubbles,

hello and congrats on a healthy start. as far as the bag seed plants, I would suggest transplanting them into another container and burying them up to the bottom parts of the leaves. some will say that it will cause the stem to rot where you bury it, but I never had that problem. I always just waited till they was bone dry and moving them over and then watering well. just a suggestion. regardless, you have some nice plants. I'm interested in autos, so I'll be watching. happy growing!!

mrbubbles,

hello and congrats on a healthy start. as far as the bag seed plants, I would suggest transplanting them into another container and burying them up to the bottom parts of the leaves. some will say that it will cause the stem to rot where you bury it, but I never had that problem. I always just waited till they was bone dry and moving them over and then watering well. just a suggestion. regardless, you have some nice plants. I'm interested in autos, so I'll be watching. happy growing!!

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate the info. The bagseeds are kind of on the backburner right now. I just grew them for a little practice while I was waiting for my seeds. Now of course they smell skunky as hell and I'm reluctant to throw them out. I've got a friend I'm trying to help get setup and hopefully the remaining bagseed plants will be going with him as well. Then I get to see how they turn out and clone them. Depending on space I may consider keeping one but don't think that'll happen cuz my tents pretty small.

Decided to give them their first feeding today. I fed all of them except the runt (berry Ryder 2). I think I'll wait at least a few more days before I feed that one so I just gave it straight water for now. I fed each plant 2cups aerated water with 1/2tsp big bloom and 1/2tsp molasses per gal. Little worried in how they'll respond. Ill update pics tomorrow.

Update Day 16:

They seem to have responded to their first feeding really well or at least I didn't burn 'em lol. I'm a little confused on my feeding schedule. The one I posted earlier shows feeding on week 1.5, 2, 2.5, etc. I'm only watering every 3 days, does this mean ill feed them with every watering?

Anyways here's some pics...

The Group
10923.jpg
110115.jpg

Critical Jack
111127.jpg

112112.jpg

Berry Ryder 1
113105.jpg

114106.jpg

Berry Ryder 2 "The Runt"
115107.jpg

116104.jpg

Berry Ryder 3
117101.jpg

118101.jpg

Blue Cheese
11948.jpg

12027.jpg

Mazar
121113.jpg

122100.jpg

The Bagseeds
12348.jpg

12432.jpg

12528.jpg

Finally I recently attended a Laos funeral and they throw out these lucky coins. Had a few in my pocket and figured a little extra luck couldn't hurt :D
12627.jpg

12726.jpg

Well that's all for now. Really looks like things are starting to speed up now. It's amazing to see how fast the autos grow next to the photos. Thanks for following everyone!

i feed a nutrient mixture every watering unless i am flushing. some other people alternate feeding and watering every second watering. i am not sure i would recommend feeding 1/2 teaspoon per 2 cups of water at this stage every feeding.

i feed a nutrient mixture every watering unless i am flushing. some other people alternate feeding and watering every second watering. i am not sure i would recommend feeding 1/2 teaspoon per 2 cups of water at this stage every feeding.

Thanks for the reply. I actually mixed 1/2 teaspoon of big bloom and 1/2 teaspoon of molasses per 1 gallon. Do you think that's still too strong at this stage?

That nickle and those dimes look funny, are they wrapped in something? Anyways plants look like they are starting to grow! Keep up the good work.

Thanks! I think they're wrapped in tin foil. Not exactly sure why they did that. Just know its Laos tradition and they're blessed by monks for goodluck. We had a Cambodian funeral a few months ago and they put several thousand dollars in the coffin before they were cremated.

Thanks for the reply. I actually mixed 1/2 teaspoon of big bloom and 1/2 teaspoon of molasses per 1 gallon. Do you think that's still too strong at this stage?

i believe the nutrient strength is probably proper in 1 gallon, just watch the tips of the leaves for any yellowing or browning. if you see signs of nutrient burn i would flush them with twice the volume of the pot size in pH adjusted water.

Yup I agree with King. I fed mine every watering, which was about every 3 days. I say fed because I am flushing and chopping now.:slide: I started weak with the nutes (around half strength) and worked it up to a regular dose.

Thanks! I think they're wrapped in tin foil. Not exactly sure why they did that. Just know its Laos tradition and they're blessed by monks for goodluck. We had a Cambodian funeral a few months ago and they put several thousand dollars in the coffin before they were cremated.

Interesting anyways keep up the good work man!

Hey bubbles everythings looking good so far. After your beans had a little ordeal, but the good thing is they re shipped your order and were under way. Only advice is go slow with nutes. Im 40 days away from my first harvest. Fed all. My plants the same schedule and only one would show signs of burn. Every individual plant is different. Sure genes and pheno type have alot to do with it,but just go slow and increase as you see needed. Do your research and stay on this great site of people willing to help and your plants will be beautiful! stay green :thumb:

i believe the nutrient strength is probably proper in 1 gallon, just watch the tips of the leaves for any yellowing or browning. if you see signs of nutrient burn i would flush them with twice the volume of the pot size in pH adjusted water.

Thanks for the great info! I'm hoping to feed them every watering but we'll see how they respond.

When watering 3 gal pots I'm only using about 2cups of water per plant. It seemed to completely saturate the soil. It will be moist 2 inches down for several days but I'm not getting any runoff. Should I water more than this? One mistake I made is I didn't put newspaper or rock at the bottom of my pots just straight soil. I figured with 50/50 perlite drainage wouldn't be an issue.

Yup I agree with King. I fed mine every watering, which was about every 3 days. I say fed because I am flushing and chopping now.:slide: I started weak with the nutes (around half strength) and worked it up to a regular dose.

Thanks for the reply! Can't wait to see the harvest! One thing I've heard about Fox Farm is its high in salt content but their feeding schedule recommends flushing once per week with sledgehammer. Do you think that's necessary or just a main flush at the end unless they show nute burn? I don't have the sledgehammer so id be flushing with straight water.

Back
Top Bottom