Munki's 2 x 4 Bubba Kush ScrOG Bondage

No! What I am asking is what is the screen being used for? Is it there to help support the plants weight?

Oh, my bad. In ScrOG, the screen has some support role but primarily it acts as an LST method to help hold down top branches so they form more branches and to hold all the tops at a level height so the light can be distributed evenly.

Looking excellent Munki, keep up the good work!

Thanks Munki for the update and great pics - as always! In your photos from yesterday Bertha has obviously cleared the screen. At what point will you tuck her top growth back under? I'd love to see some new pictures when you do. Now I know why you wanted 2-inch spacing on the screen mesh - that'd be a lot of material to pull down through a smaller hole.

Your fingers are gonna get so stinky :smokin:

Damn! Munki... That bubba kush has got some thick thighs.... and her fingers are gigantic... ive always been slightly partial to indicas for their figure... neway i love the new grow, sorry i havent checked in sooner... i hope those bush babies can fill the screen like last time... at least you know you'll be able to fill the 2x2 squares with those huge leaves.
+rep for your Blessings :grinjoint:

Hey thanks everyone. Glad others are enjoying the grow. I'll take a some more shots tonight and put them up. I'll also try to measure the girth of Big Bertha's trunk.

With regards to when to tuck the growth that has passed the screen, it is something that I will have to play by ear. I don't know what this strain will do so I will probably let it grow a inch or two above the screen, then tuck it. That stout stem may be an issue to train. I hope I don't have to top it but it may be necessary if it won't bend.

BTW, if you haven't had a chance to rate my thread yet, I would appreciate your vote there. Just click the down arrow next to the 5 yellow stars where it says Rating. I've had 11 people's input so far, but I know many more have read this. I often forget to rate other's threads as well so that is why I'm mentioning it. :thanks:

I decided to get the leaves out of the net and to try to work the center growth sideways and towards the sides. I'm not sure how well it will work. The internodes are so tight and stems inflexible; they may just break instead of flex.

2009-12-01_01.jpg

2009-12-01_02.jpg

2009-12-01_03.jpg

Big Bertha's main trunk is now 2 1/4 inches in circumference. I didn't measure the smaller plant's trunk, but it is getting pretty thick as well. The first pic is Big Bertha. The second is the little plant.

2009-12-01_04.jpg

2009-12-01_05.jpg

Munki, just read through your journal. I gotta say great job! You build great grow contraptions. +reps
Got a couple of questions. In your wick cloner, do you put clones in the wicks or just near them? You have been using bloom nutes the entire grow? Thanx for your sweet journal, and advice!

Munki, just read through your journal. I gotta say great job! You build great grow contraptions. +reps
Got a couple of questions. In your wick cloner, do you put clones in the wicks or just near them? You have been using bloom nutes the entire grow? Thanx for your sweet journal, and advice!

For the wick cloner: If the perlite is prewetted, you can put the clones in anywhere. The material really seems to get an even wetness.

Nutes: I am doing the Lucas Method as outlined in Cannastats. I also add Floralicious plus to the mix as well. It does not really differentiate between veg and bloom nutrient mixes though I will add KoolBloom to the floral stage as I have some available to use.

Hey munki, the only thing i suggest for the LST'n is to try it about an hour after they're super-saturated with water(res cycle) thus making the 'trunks' more pliable, that along with patience should do the trick... good luck

i think topping her would be a great option too. it would give the other girl a chance to catch up, and would allow you to send the two new tops opposite directions while keeping it more even. i always top for scrogs.

i think topping her would be a great option too. it would give the other girl a chance to catch up, and would allow you to send the two new tops opposite directions while keeping it more even. i always top for scrogs.

I'm resisting the topping option but will go that route if I cannot get it satisfactory within a week. Looking from the the top, it is like the leaves are lava pouring out of the top of a plant mountain right now. Not a lot of upward growth and I am pulling down the new growth to the sides. I'll probably regret not doing as you suggest, but it is painful to wack off the top considering how it looks. The little one could probably catch up to Bertha in the long run though if I do top. I'll think about it some more.

Hey munki, the only thing i suggest for the LST'n is to try it about an hour after they're super-saturated with water(res cycle) thus making the 'trunks' more pliable, that along with patience should do the trick... good luck

That should be pretty easy. How long do you suggest I flood the rootzone to achieve the increase in pliability?

Back
Top Bottom