My First Amare SE450 LED Grow: AK47 Xtrm & Super Skunk

Hey Greenman.

Thanks for passing through. Your grow is looking great. I am lucky here as I have plenty of room to spread out.

This is actually my first indoor grow. I only grew outdoors last season so thought id kick it up a notch and head indoors. Ive read extensively and researched for months and months about growing techniques, lights, nutrients etc. Knowledge is power as they say. I'm constantly learning everyday and love the challenges and rewards that growing brings. I just love the plants!

I find that even thought the basic principles of growing are the same, there are so many different ways of doing things and I guess you just have to do what suits you. I have gotten so confused in the past by reading forums where one says do something one way and then someone else says to do it completely differently and both swear their way is the best. Far out!!!! It was so overwhelming. I just decided to use my common sense and grow intuitively more than anything else. Its working great for me so far. Lol.

I must say tho that the best piece of advice I have found on any forum is the one on BUD WASHING as invented by DOC BUD. I have washed all of my buds after harvest with this method and it is fu&*king phenomenal to say the least. The shit that comes off buds when you wash them is insane! Especially if you grow outdoors.

Washing your buds improves the flavour and the smoothness of the smoke, as well as taking of any bugs, dirt, and foliar sprays. It is a huge thread so maybe just read the first few pages. Doc Bud gives his way to do it on post #12 on the first page. See the link below. Good luck with your grow! I have subbed so will keep an eye on how things are going. Peace! :Namaste:

Bud Washing

Day 15 - Looking good after I did some major defoliation a few days ago.

P1040489.JPG
P10404761.JPG
P10404751.JPG
P10404861.JPG
P1040485.JPG
P1040488.JPG
P1040487.JPG

Day 23 of Flower. Girls are going great. Very happy and healthy.

Had a bit of a scare last week. It's been VERY hot and I have my timers set up to let them sleep during the day and the lights come on early evening. I went out as i normally do about 15 min after the lights were supposed to be on and everything was in darkness. No lights, no fans no nothing! Complete power loss. Complete silence and complete darkness. Such a strange thing to walk into. Quite eerie really. After my little panic attack and a lot of swear words, i went and got a torch and found that one of the power boards had tripped off. I reset it and everything came back on. I wasn't sure how long the power had been off for and it was so hot. I was lucky! I'm thinking it couldn't have been for more than a few hours. The power went off again about 10 minutes later so i had to redirect some power and play around with things a bit and it all settled down after that. I just think the heat was affecting everything! Anyhow some pics of the lovely ladies :)

P10404901.JPG
P10404911.JPG
P10404921.JPG
P1040495.JPG
P1040494.JPG
P1040496.JPG
P1040497.JPG

Also a little preview of whats going on outdoors. My White Widow autos are going well. Although they are a bit of a motley crew. Lol. They didn't grow as well as i had hoped but should get a nice little yield off them. I have been away on holidays and had a friend looking after things for me here whilst i was away. Unfortunately he was just in and out to water and didn't notice that a caterpillar had been having a field day with my autos and chewed the fuck out of some of the tops of them.

Weed plants hate caterpillars. And this thing has made a lot of the buds go brown and die off which actually looks like bud rot but its actually from the caterpillar. So in an attempt to foil these little bastards i went and got some big pot plant water trays and put the pots on top of plastic containers in the middle of the trays and filled the trays with water. Essentially its a moat ;)

I read somewhere that this is a good way to keep caterpillars off your plants. I can't do this with my big plants but for the ones in the smaller pots this is a perfect solution. So far so good. Seems to have done the trick. I have also just bought some Yates Success Ultra so will spray that on all the others. This actually happened to me outdoors last year to. I'm ready for the little suckers now!

The rest of my girls outside are going great guns. They are about 165cm high atm with a good few months left to go. I get a bit paranoid at times about growing outdoors (as I should do) and some days i go into that greenhouse and freak out a little bit. Lol. I guess the beauty of growing indoors is that it is super stealthy as opposed to growing outdoors where your risk is somewhat increased. I am running the gauntlet a bit with my outdoor grow and even though i am not overlooked as such by neighbours and am on a huge block i am worried about the smell come flowering time. Only takes one whiff from someone to start looking over the fence or getting suspicious. These things are going to be monsters! I won't be able to get in that bloody greenhouse by the end of it. I figure thought that i only get one chance a year to grow outdoors here so why not take it. Who doesn't love a nice bit of well grown bush bud hey? Anyhow see pics. First one is of my caterpillar Moat. Enjoy :Namaste:

P10405191.JPG
P10405201.JPG
P1040521.JPG
P1040522.JPG
P1040523.JPG

Day 42 (6 weeks) into Flower. The girls are going great! Starting to look nice and frosty.

Unfortunately I must of had a heat spot in the tent with no air getting to it, and that along with a couple of humid days recently and one of the tops of my buds developed bud rot just out of nowhere! I checked and watered Monday night and all was find, and then last night went in and the whole top of one of the buds (about 3 inches) was rotten and covered in grey mold. Weird how it happened so quickly. Anyhow i put another fan in that area and hopefully some more air circulating will prevent anymore rot. Was awful having to cut the top of that bud off :( Lets hope it doesn't spread
Anyhow some pics of the girls. Enjoy :Namaste:

P1040539.JPG
P1040538.JPG
P1040537.JPG
P10405361.JPG
P1040535.JPG
P1040533.JPG
P1040531.JPG
P10405301.JPG
P10405291.JPG
P1040528.JPG
P10405271.JPG
P1040526.JPG
P1040525.JPG
P1040524.JPG

Good stuff!

Just wondering how this is going. Must be close to harvest by now. Interested to know how it's all going, if you have the time to post. Interested to know what kind of yields you get from those lights.

Cheers

Hey Paul. Well I've had a few dramas. My biggest and best plant started getting bud rot. I had to chop the tops off a couple of the main colas (3-4 inches). Heartbreaking! Anyhow on the advice of seasoned growers I had to quarantine it and put it outside. It didn't get anymore on it but the risk of contaminating my whole tent and compromising the rest of my girls was not a risk I was willing to take. It was virtually ready and got the chop the other day. I wish I had of taken a photo. She was stunning! Anyhow will let you know what the final dry weight is! The rest of the ladies are chugging along. They aren't far off now. Another couple of weeks. I will take some pics tonight for you. Those AK's are beasts! I'm really disappointed with the Super Skunks. Won't be bothering with those again. But I'm really excited to get my Big Buds going. I've heard they produce massive yields .
Will upload pics tonight. Thanks for passing through .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Growgurl
I just stumbled onto this journal and am so happy I did. I'm doing my first indoor grow (used to grow outdoors in the 90's) and have some BigBud xxl, Nice Chunk, Chinook Haze 4 weeks into flowering. And in my Veg Tent I've got 47 xtrm's and more BigBud xxl'. I'm also using Coco & Perlite, 2 x LED's and 2 x HPS's in Flower Tent and LED in Veg Tent. I set up everything myself (not easy!!) and live in W.A.
So we have a lot in common, yeah?
I'll be following your journal and hoping to learn a few things and cheer you on! Respect.
week_4_flower1.jpg
IMG_054945.JPG

Oops...just saw the dates and realised you must be well and truly finished that fine grow. I was laughing a little reading about your power board tripping cos I had the EXACT same situation yesterday. Twice. I'm having a high RH issue atm and am surprised you had the opposite!? I'd much prefer too low than too high, though.
I hope all is well with the BigBud girls you germinated. It's a great strain. I hope my 47xtrms are as beautiful as yours were! They're looking amazing and healthy in veg - and crazy thick stems! Can't wait to flip them in 4 weeks..

Love the log and pics. I'm keen to start indoors and I'm really interested in these lights but shipping is off the charts. $500 to Oz. Is that what you paid, seems really excessive.

Love the log and pics. I'm keen to start indoors and I'm really interested in these lights but shipping is off the charts. $500 to Oz. Is that what you paid, seems really excessive.

Hi Madgus,

I tried to send you a PM but your profile is set so you can't accept them. If you update that then I will send you some useful info. Thanks :)

Oops...just saw the dates and realised you must be well and truly finished that fine grow. I was laughing a little reading about your power board tripping cos I had the EXACT same situation yesterday. Twice. I'm having a high RH issue atm and am surprised you had the opposite!? I'd much prefer too low than too high, though.
I hope all is well with the BigBud girls you germinated. It's a great strain. I hope my 47xtrms are as beautiful as yours were! They're looking amazing and healthy in veg - and crazy thick stems! Can't wait to flip them in 4 weeks..

Hi Anna,

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to your post. Well done for setting everything up on your own like you have. It's a big task and a steep learning curve. There's so much conflicting info out there! Just keep it simple to begin. My AK grow turned out amazing. I'm onto my third grow now. Last grow was more AK's and Big Bud. Had a total of 10 Plants for a 7lb (dry) harvest so happy with that although I'm always striving to do better. This grow I have Critical Mass, Big Bud, AK and a few Special Queen. All are from clones so are going okay. I find growing from seed so much better. I'm not a fan of clones and the ones I get off a mate are normally fairly average so I'm not expecting a bumper crop this time. They are on week 4 of veg and are growing quite slowly. I'm leaving them for another week before I flip. In the upside I have just planted a heap of seeds. Some Gold Leaf, King Kong, Incredible Bulk, KC Brains Mango, Critical 2.0, WWxBB, AK (of course!), and a gorgeous strain called CBD from Dinafem which has high CBD and very low THC. Want to grow this one for medical use. I'm also gearing up for my summer outdoor grow and plan on putting in some 707 Headband, OG Kush, Blue Dream, Blueberry and some Amnesia Haze. So it's going to be a very busy time. Lol. I enjoy growing so much. It's a real passion. Just a shame the powers that be keep it outlawed! Hard to believe something so natural is illegal whilst booze and ciggies are legal. Ridiculous! Anyhow I'm happy to help if you ever need any advice. Can you send me a link to your online journal if you have one. I couldn't find one on your profile. Anyhow thanks again for reaching out. Us girls have gotta stick together ;)
Peace. GG

Hi Madgus,

I tried to send you a PM but your profile is set so you can't accept them. If you update that then I will send you some useful info. Thanks :)

Members require 50 posts before being able to send - or receive - PMs.

Back
Top Bottom