My First DWC!

divinebuds

I will be starting my first DWC. I've done plenty of research but I am eager to get some hands on experience. I will be starting with a small grow tent I think its 24inx48inx60in. 4 6500k 23w CFLs (I know not the idea lighting but trying to keep cost down and I'm only growing 1 plant). The AN mirco, grow, and bloom, with voodoo juice, big bud, budcandy, overdrive, and final phase as supports. (wanted to go with AN even though there pricey). I'm growing in rockwool with hydroton, and a 18on 6 off light cycle. I would appreciate any advice, as I am new to everything. I will post pics and a log of my nutrients as I get rolling.

Divine Buds

"love the life you live.
live the life you love."
― Bob Marley

IMAG0056111.jpg
IMAG005461.jpg

1st update

used the old paper towel method to germ

then into the makeshift hum dome in a rockwool plug

mixed some root stimulator in some water and wet the rockwool with it.

Devine it's looking good my man......need to get that lighting like 3 inches away from her....to prevent the stretching.....you might need to bury her down alittle more now....over all very nicey WORD.....:ciao:

Thanks for the advice CannaVince. I will def do that.

your journal looks awesome bigirish. Question tho. I only have 4 cfls, how many do you use and should I get more?

I think you'll be fine with 4.

Have you already started feeding or are you waiting till you have a few sets of leaves (suggested)?

Make sure to have a PPM/temp meter, and a PH meter. These are critical for DWC. Try to keep water temps below 68f. Some folks have different ideal ranges for PH, but I basically keep mine in the 5.8-6.2 area for the most part. I use RO water and add calmg+. I had a Mag deficiency not using calmg+ and learned best intake for mag (at the lowest possible ph) was about 6.0-6.1.

Best wishes on your grow, I'm subbed.

your journal looks awesome bigirish. Question tho. I only have 4 cfls, how many do you use and should I get more?

my ph is about 5.5-6.0, and i started a light feeding routine. and right now im using tap water that i let sit overnight. but i think im gonna use RO water next time. thanks big time for the advice

thanks db! it never hurts to add some more cfls but for one plant if you dont grow it to big in veg you should be ok, i grow 6-8 smallish plants i run 8 25 watt 4 are 2700k and 4 are 6500k for an even mix in my light i constructed, next to that i have 1 68 watt 300watt equalvalent 2700k in its own clamp shade, and another 42 watt 150 watt equal 2700k,paired with a 25 watt 6500k for a total of 11 right now, i also have 2 3-footers i use for side lighting that i add later in flower i do kind of a sog style i try to keep them low and the lights close to get as much light penetration as possible i like to surround them as much as i can, it seems to help them to stay shorter , i also do lst,fim,supercropping,topping, and threatening gestures !! whatever it takes to keep my ho's in line! pimpin' aint easy!! lol j/k, i will add lights anytime i feel they need it, amazing buds are very doable with cfl just look at all the great cfl grow journals past & present here at the :420:, , ok man feel free to hit me with any questions you have i will do my best to help!!:peace::goodjob:

I am running 8 clones under 4 cfls in dwc atm. But I'm defoliating and training them to keep them stunted until my plants in my tent are harvested in another 3 - 4 weeks. Then they'll go into 600w LED.

But for 1 plant I would think you'll be fine with cfl's so long as you have the right spectrums, distance etc, and keep up on water temps, ph, etc.

Looks good so far!

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom