My First Grow: Grape Ape, Agent Orange x Huckleberry & Purple Skunk Mass

Here, this is where all the fathers went. I hate to waste anything, and I figured that it can't hurt to try and dry 'em out. The clones were too small and weren't worth trying to dry. It'll be about the same as the shit I used to get as a kid. The thing is, today's weed is so strong, that I can only take one or two hits. Maybe I can roll a doobie out of this stuff and actually enjoy kicking back and smoking an entire joint without "greening out".

Ua6n0l1.jpg

Where'd they go?

They will start dropping pollen from any flowers on about the second day of drying
so keep that in mind -that shit gets everywhere so be careful-1 male flower produces
thousands of pollen "grains"that travel on the air currents in your home.

Very bad news about all the males,Chef-I feel for ya...

They will start dropping pollen from any flowers on about the second day of drying
so keep that in mind -that shit gets everywhere so be careful-1 male flower produces
thousands of pollen "grains"that travel on the air currents in your home.
Crap. Okay, I don't wanna take any chances of accidental cross pollination, so I'll get rid of them. See? Something else I learned here - thanks @carcass!
Very bad news about all the males,Chef-I feel for ya...
Thank you sir. It sucks, but now I know to never get seeds from an unknown source. Won't make that mistake a 2nd time.

Well, as much as I've enjoyed this grow and making this journal, the fact that 5/7 plants turned out to be males really got me down. Downright effing depressed. But, I'll continue the journal, and will hopefully get enough bud to last me for quite a while from the two remaining plants (I'm still a lightweight when it comes to weed). In the meantime, I've decided to start two new journals sometime between now and Saturday. I'll try to keep them a bit more organized than this one has been. They will both be featuring seeds from @SeedsMan - some I purchased, while others are a prize from my 2nd place photo in the May Photo Of The Month contest. One will be a strictly quadline based journal, with OG Kush autos, and photo period Northern Lights, Cheese, and Girl Scout Cookies. The other will be quite interesting both as a grow and (hopefully) as a journal. I'm gonna attempt making a bonsai mother plant from a Peyote Critical bean I got as part of the prize from Seedsman. There's only a single bean, so I hope it pops! I'm hoping to get 6 clones by the time the other photo plants are ready to be transferred from the veg tent to the flower tent.

Here are a few pics of the PSM girls from today. They're about 7 days into their flower cycle, and I'll give them each a final defoliation in about two more weeks. I transplanted the clone from it's one gallon plastic pot to a three gallon fabric pot.

Mom and daughter
I0jJfHX.jpg

Mom
ogT6dVV.jpg

GHZH9Eh.jpg

Daughter
deAvjjM.jpg

VXKFKHP.jpg

r i g h t . . .

You've kept on top of the environment fairly well. If he claims environment turns female plants to males, all I have grown to date would have been males.

Environmental stress can cause plants to hermie, but I have never heard of it causing a complete sex reversal.

r i g h t . . .

You've kept on top of the environment fairly well. If he claims environment turns female plants to males, all I have grown to date would have been males.

Environmental stress can cause plants to hermie, but I have never heard of it causing a complete sex reversal.
Would you say this is a male or a hermie?
pybEAPI.jpg

Turns out it was a stinkbug baby - one of many, I found out shortly after taking this photo. Got rid of them all, and put her back in the tent last night after not seeing any more bugs on her - kept checking over a period of about 5 hours.

After a good inspection this morning it seems the stinkbug babies are gone. The messed up part is that I actually saw the mom stinkbug a week earlier and had gotten rid of her. I guess she (obviously) had time to lay her eggs before I got rid of her.

At any rate, I can only see damage on 4 sets of fan leaves. Should I trim them off the plant or continue to let them suck in light for the time being?

What is shown is where the baby bugs had done their damage. So cut them off?

I had to look them up. They lay their eggs on the underside of leaves. I'd cut off the affected leaves, seal them in a plastic bag, and throw them out with the garbage. I would not compost them.

This is from the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs website:

"Indoors: Mechanical exclusion is the most effective way to prevent BMSB from entering structures. Seal all cracks, repair or replace damaged screens, and remove or cover window-mounted air conditioners prior to the fall. Live or dead stink bugs that have made their way indoors can be removed using a vacuum cleaner or shop vac (promptly dispose of vacuum bags or contents as the odour will persist). BMSB do not bite and they do not reproduce inside structures. The use of insecticides is not recommended.

Outdoors: While BMSB is established in urban areas, infestations have not been detected in crops in Ontario. There are several insecticides registered for use against BMSB in Canada, however action thresholds are not available for most crops. Management strategies are under development."

Back
Top Bottom